Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Feb 4, 2017 at 7:28 PM Post #2,551 of 5,394
Definitely, jumped on the chance. Also Ken is a super humble and cool guy, they had a prototype of their over ear headphone, sounded so good I couldn't wear it for too long or else I'd have to need to buy it

Wait a second, they have a over ear prototype? 
blink.gif

My only wish is for a full sized can that has the signature of the Vegas. The Vega has ruined many full-sized cans for me 
tongue.gif

Feb 4, 2017 at 7:32 PM Post #2,552 of 5,394
Wait a second, they have a over ear prototype? :blink:

My only wish is for a full sized can that has the signature of the Vegas. The Vega has ruined many full-sized cans for me :p

Ken has been on the record several times that he has aspirations for full size cans as well, and could release them now but desires perfection in what he releases!

Feb 4, 2017 at 7:51 PM Post #2,553 of 5,394
Wait a second, they have a over ear prototype? :blink:

My only wish is for a full sized can that has the signature of the Vegas. The Vega has ruined many full-sized cans for me :p

Ken has been on the record several times that he has aspirations for full size cans as well, and could release them now but desires perfection in what he releases!

I'm not experienced enough to give you proper Head-Fi-like impressions on them, but if you're looking for the Vega signature on full sized phones I believe those may be it. They sounded fantastic.

They have the same type of diamond driver as the Vega. Well the higher end one does, apparently there will be 2 models, a lower and higher priced one, the latter with the diamond driver.

Feb 4, 2017 at 8:29 PM Post #2,555 of 5,394
Not so much.

Just plug it in, volume at a moderate level.

I choose shuffle mode. That way i get a variety.

Some like to add a bit of pink and or white noise.
Theres also a burn in ios app

Feb 4, 2017 at 9:31 PM Post #2,558 of 5,394
I'm not experienced enough to give you proper Head-Fi-like impressions on them, but if you're looking for the Vega signature on full sized phones I believe those may be it. They sounded fantastic.

They have the same type of diamond driver as the Vega. Well the higher end one does, apparently there will be 2 models, a lower and higher priced one, the latter with the diamond driver.

That sounds awesome. Were they closed or open?

If it's using the same driver material as the Vega, I'm sure it will sound great. Something like that will be an automatic buy for me in the future.

Feb 4, 2017 at 9:36 PM Post #2,559 of 5,394
That sounds awesome. Were they closed or open?

If it's using the same driver material as the Vega, I'm sure it will sound great. Something like that will be an automatic buy for me in the future.

Closed. Will be Be and DLC vetsions, priced appropriately and not following the crazy pricing fever that appears to have taken over many companies. Cheers

Feb 4, 2017 at 9:37 PM Post #2,560 of 5,394
And the version at the show today was the "diamond" material like the Vegas.

Feb 5, 2017 at 12:18 AM Post #2,562 of 5,394
I have been looking forward to Ken's overear headphone as soon as I heard it would have the same non-crystalline diamond driver as the Vega. It will be another easy purchase on the day of the announcement because you know it's going to be world class. Campfire's audio philosophy and meticulous passion have given birth to some of the most emotive IEMs I have ever heard and single-handidly changed how I feel about headphones. Seriously though, you had me at overear Vega!

Feb 5, 2017 at 12:24 AM Post #2,563 of 5,394
Not to be shallow, but how does it look?

No shallowness there, their approach to design is a large part of the reason I'm a fan of their brand (I'm a designer).

Let's keep in mind the design may change as they're still a prototype, but they are made of liquid alloy and had the same color as the Vega. The earpieces are rectangular. They are definitely unique and more streamlined than many of the competing over ears. The earpads are magnetic, which I thought was pretty cool.

Feb 5, 2017 at 1:00 AM Post #2,564 of 5,394
Closed. Will be Be and DLC vetsions, priced appropriately and not following the crazy pricing fever that appears to have taken over many companies. Cheers

I really envy you.  You get to extensively try out all that Campfire goodness before it hits the market and write passionate reviews that would sway any potential reader into making a purchase.  For what it's worth, you haven't let me down yet! 
wink.gif

Feb 5, 2017 at 1:34 AM Post #2,565 of 5,394
Theres been a few protypes at various shows and photos posted here and there.

Heres John Darkos digitalaudioreview video

https://vimeo.com/160142357

889314eae7455c80a9a8bd7dae801113.jpg

Full write up here:
http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2016/03/canjam-socal-2016-campfire-audios-forthcoming-over-ear-headphones/

....for your general enjoyment

Users who are viewing this thread

Back