Campfire Audio Trifecta
Jan 26, 2024 at 1:31 PM Post #737 of 894
Hey all, what's a Trifecta shell color we haven't done yet that you'd like to see?
So glad you asked!

Red and gold. Could be good to celebrate the year of the dragon as well. If you could get the shells to sparkle like rubies, with the gold drivers inside visible, that could look jewelry grade.

Jan 26, 2024 at 1:37 PM Post #738 of 894
Hey all, what's a Trifecta shell color we haven't done yet that you'd like to see?

Lol I’m having a hard enough time not buying a second one in the dark prism variety just to take pictures of it with all my pretty cables.

Jan 26, 2024 at 7:50 PM Post #740 of 894
Jan 27, 2024 at 12:59 AM Post #741 of 894
Honestly, I’d be down for it to be either a matte black like the prototype shell but a bit more refined or a fully rustic/aged/matte gold/titanium metal shell like the old days. Heck, the blue mix wave Andro shell would be nice too and bring back the 3 gold screws for the faceplate and have the mother of pearl CA logo.

Loved taking photos of the Andro MixWave.
Haven’t had the chance to fully retouch the photos but might as well share one here 😂

mtz_9275.jpeg

Jan 27, 2024 at 4:43 AM Post #742 of 894
Honestly, I’d be down for it to be either a matte black like the prototype shell but a bit more refined or a fully rustic/aged/matte gold/titanium metal shell like the old days. Heck, the blue mix wave Andro shell would be nice too and bring back the 3 gold screws for the faceplate and have the mother of pearl CA logo.

Haven’t had the chance to fully retouch the photos but might as well share one here 😂

mtz_9275.jpeg
Awesome photo! These look pristine too, nicely done 👍🏻

Jan 27, 2024 at 5:15 PM Post #743 of 894
Jan 29, 2024 at 6:39 PM Post #744 of 894

mtz_9275.jpeg
Great photo! I really loved the look of these. I'm not sure if/when we'll do something in the old shell style, but it could definitely be possible. Thanks for this feedback!

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Jan 31, 2024 at 5:55 PM Post #746 of 894
The Trifecta was tuned on a OG WM1Z so there's a natural synergy there. I honestly hope everyone who owns a Trifecta gets to experience this at least once. For me they're readily available at fairly decent prices used via Ebay and Amazon...generally shipping out of Japan. I'm not sure if this is feasible for you in the UK or not.

Totally different to Rn6. Trifecta is bold, brash, and a bit raw around the edges. It's also slower, so fast-paced music isn't its strength. Rn6 is more balanced, with great bass but not as physical as Trifecta, also faster and more refined, with higher resolution but a slightly smaller stage. Two very complementary sets.
Spot on. Great observation. In my case, I do get a big stage with the RN6 + OC Studio Frozen 8w, and even bigger with the Tsu in the chain. Coreir tips are perfect, but I haven't found the right cable for these Trifecta yet :triportsad:.

Feb 5, 2024 at 10:32 PM Post #747 of 894
Lol I’m having a hard enough time not buying a second one in the dark prism variety just to take pictures of it with all my pretty cables.
Send me your cables for my Dark Prism.

I worked with Chris to get the Dark Prism a few weeks ago to replace my Solaris Flower and wow the Dark Prism are absolutely stunning. And the sound on the Trifecta is out of this world. Just downright fun.

Anyone with tip rolling recommendations for Trifecta?

Feb 13, 2024 at 10:01 AM Post #748 of 894
Send me your cables for my Dark Prism.

I worked with Chris to get the Dark Prism a few weeks ago to replace my Solaris Flower and wow the Dark Prism are absolutely stunning. And the sound on the Trifecta is out of this world. Just downright fun.

Anyone with tip rolling recommendations for Trifecta?
I prefer the Clarions. Wide bore and not too deep. They allow the full grand scale of the Trifecta's stage to shine through, as well as a very balanced signature, ie not emphasizing mid-bass too much.

Feb 13, 2024 at 10:30 AM Post #749 of 894
The more time passes, the more IEMs I hear...the more I love my Trifecta and the deeper I settle on the realization that, paired with the WM1Z, it's about as close to perfect for my tastes as I'm likely to find anytime soon. Nicely done.

F34D33BC-0EDC-48D7-9835-63952E659292.JPEG

Feb 13, 2024 at 10:33 AM Post #750 of 894
The more time passes, the more IEMs I hear...the more I love my Trifecta and the deeper I settle on the realization that, paired with the WM1Z, it's about as close to perfect for my tastes as I'm likely to find anytime soon. Nicely done.

Can you list ten favourite tracks that you feel play particularly well on Trifecta? I'd love to put this combo to the test to hear what you're hearing. Also, what's your average volume level/gain setting for casual listening with Trifecta?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back