Campfire Audio IO
May 2, 2019 at 3:47 AM Post #226 of 498
I have the Io here, along with the Polaris, both of which I'm running in for at least a week (along with a new Shanling M2X). Here's the (silent) unboxing:

May 2, 2019 at 4:35 AM Post #227 of 498
I have the Io here, along with the Polaris, both of which I'm running in for at least a week (along with a new Shanling M2X). Here's the (silent) unboxing:

Don't be ashamed,

Campfire Audio IO ̶S̶i̶l̶e̶n̶t̶ ASMR Unboxing

May 2, 2019 at 2:58 PM Post #234 of 498
Just ordered myself a pair. Interested to see how they stack up especially as I only have the Pinnicle P1s and Audiofly AF140s to compare with.

I have the Pinnacle PXs and they both sound very different! I actually think the IO has more bass than the Pinnacles, but doesn't feel quite as warm overall.

Last edited:
May 2, 2019 at 9:22 PM Post #235 of 498
Really Happy. I placed an order with the Lissmore brothers at Headphone.com.
I think the I0 will be a great edition to expand my pallet with in the depths of great audio. This will be my first pair of IEM’s I’ve ever bought.
I feel this is an awesome IEM for the money. The build quality is amazing.
Looking for comfort and portability. Gonna pair the I0’s with my AK JR DAP for the time being. Be my travel rig.

May 2, 2019 at 9:54 PM Post #236 of 498
Maybe a week till I get me IIIIIIIIIIII00000’sszzzzz!!! Till then. I would definitely share my experiences. I have the Algorithm Tube Amp from Cypher Labs. I have a feeling that portable tube amp will scale so well with the I0’s.
Exciting time for me. Can’t wait! Love this hobby/special interest. :)

May 3, 2019 at 12:43 AM Post #237 of 498
I do. I can pop them in and give them a listen and share some comparisons for you. Fair warning, the 846 is one of my fave all BA setups and one of the few I still listen to with some regularity. But I'll try my best to be agnostic in my thoughts although I'm pretty sure how that two will stack just from memory (I've had my Shure's for ages at this point).

Thanks, would appreciate it. For me, 846‘s sound like an HD600 on speed, with better resolution and deep bass. Difficult to imagine something sounding better in IEMs, maybe just differently... Although for classical I would still prefer an over-ear, as the soundstage can be a bit congested...

May 3, 2019 at 5:12 PM Post #238 of 498
This is a very interesting thread for me. My favorite IEMs so far have been the Massdrop plus, but I sold them because I could not get a mic cable that would work with PS4. I currently have the Campfire Novas and after quite a bit of tip rolling am finally happy with them. I had planned to save my pennies and move up to Andros, but I might give these a shot.

May 3, 2019 at 8:56 PM Post #239 of 498
After a few days my ears have mostly adjusted to the more forward vocals and they don't really stand out to me anymore. My thoughts really boil down to these being kinda neutral....which is great for some people that like the Ety reference sound but ultimately sound a little dull to me and lacks some excitement that I'm used to with the Polaris (v1) or even the Andros. Again it's not necessarily a problem due to poor tuning but the overall sound signature not really being my cup of tea.

Update Edit: I think most people can get used to female vocals and upper mids/treble being slighly on the brighter side but I still can't get over male vocals sounding 'shouty' on certain tracks due to also being pushed forward

Last edited:
May 3, 2019 at 11:29 PM Post #240 of 498
I've been running them in for a few days and find them rather bright. I'm using Spiral Dot tips on them at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back