Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Sep 17, 2019 at 10:05 AM Post #8,086 of 9,829
Andromeda Gold impressions from Campfire Audio's favorite reviewer: https://crinacle.com/2019/09/17/campfire-andromeda-special-edition-gold-unboxing/

I definitely respect the guy, but he definitely still seems maybe slightly salty over the whole... solaris and io thing. But is still able to be objective and recognize the parts that are subjective. What is interesting though is that FR graph especially compared to the OG andros... not what I would have expected based on the driver config and description from campfire, though it does seem to match what I hear, and may explain why I wasn't really getting the bass I thought I would be. I still find them very enjoyable, but at least seeing that gives me some validation as to what I was hearing and not necessarily that I was missing something.

Sep 17, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #8,088 of 9,829
What makes you say that?

Not trying to start anything, I just remember everything that went down and the things kb said and all the drama it created. Your first paragraph definitely feels a bit like bashing campfire for their models and maybe naming conventions. And perhaps all rightfully so. Either way, I respect your opinions and appreciate the unboxing and always appreciate that you give us good graphs and are sure to note that your opinions are just that. Again, definitely dont want to start anything here.

Sep 17, 2019 at 10:14 AM Post #8,090 of 9,829
Not trying to start anything, I just remember everything that went down and the things kb said and all the drama it created. Your first paragraph definitely feels a bit like bashing campfire for their models and maybe naming conventions. And perhaps all rightfully so. Either way, I respect your opinions and appreciate the unboxing and always appreciate that you give us good graphs and are sure to note that your opinions are just that. Again, definitely dont want to start anything here.

Oh, I hope it doesn't come off that way. I just can't pass up the opportunity to clown on the fact that a black IEM is proudly called the "Gold Edition" for its 3 screws :beyersmile:

Sep 17, 2019 at 10:16 AM Post #8,091 of 9,829
Oh, I hope it doesn't come off that way. I just can't pass up the opportunity to clown on the fact that a black IEM is proudly called the "Gold Edition" for its 3 screws :beyersmile:

Hah, yea, I agree there. And its all good, maybe I was reading into things too much knowing all that previous drama. And again, I definitely appreciate the in depth reviews. As I said in my first post up there, I havent heard the original andromeda so I have no point of reference, but they didnt quite hit me exactly like the I was expecting originally, and seeing the fr graph I can see why. And I appreciate that everything is subjective. I find them very enjoyable, and know that my tastes definitely dont align with everyone elses, so no skin off my back if they arent up there with your top tier stuff.

Sep 17, 2019 at 10:32 AM Post #8,092 of 9,829
Campfire really should get in on that custom-made universal IEM train. Imagine the $$$ they'd rake in if they offered something like this:

Original green? $899 (down from $1099, since I doubt too many people are paying full MSRP for them anyways)
Want a different color (Orion Black/IO Red/Polaris Blue/Jupiter Brown)? +$50
Something uncommon (Pacific Blue/Snow White/Iceberg)? +$100
Both sides different? +$150-200
Different material (stainless steel/brass/nickel)? +$200
S-tuning? +$100
SE: Gold tuning? +$200

It's not like the internals of these IEMs are anything complex anyways... in fact, there was even some drama a while back over how simplistic the Orion and Andromeda are inside.
I bet some of those people who love the IO's Iron Man aesthetic but despise the sound might be intrigued by an actually good IEM with the same colorway.

Sep 17, 2019 at 11:21 AM Post #8,093 of 9,829
Not sure just how much value they will retain [...] Also wasnt quite sure how long it would take them to sell out, but I guess here we are [...]
Yeah, I wouldn't bank too much on value retention. I recently sold my Andromeda S, in brand new condition, and still took a pretty 26% hit. And I think the Andromeda S is an excellent IEM (my second favorite sound and aesthetics out of everything I've tried).
About being sold out, maybe CA doesn't have sale stock anymore (they keep some of them for warranty replacements), but there are still plenty of units at local dealers, don't forget.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2019 at 12:20 PM Post #8,095 of 9,829
Yeah, I wouldn't bank too much on value retention. I recently sold my Andromeda S, in brand new condition, and still took a pretty 26% hit. And I think the Andromeda S is an excellent IEM (my second favorite sound and aesthetics out of everything I've tried).
About being sold out, maybe CA doesn't have sale stock anymore (they keep some of them for warranty replacements), but there are still plenty of units at local dealers, don't forget.

Yea Im not banking on retaining value, was more responding to the other guy who bought them in part because of that assumption. I sold my vega for something like 60% of purchase price, granted my purchase price was higher than what it ended up at, but still. I also figured they would likely have some out to local dealers and shops... though here in the US, more often than not, we just dont have many local shops, at least not anywhere near me. Certainly not like in some places like HK or Singapore.

Sep 17, 2019 at 1:28 PM Post #8,096 of 9,829
Yeah, I’m pretty excited. I’ll feel better when I get an order confirmation. I absolutely love the Polaris 2 and disagree with some of the shade that has been thrown at them. The bass is heavy, but does not drown the mids as much as some have said... at least with the Mojo. But I’ve been itching to try the Andros and with that little bit extra bass, I’m hoping these will be my endgame. I’m hoping I get 999 or 1000, but we’ll see. Depends on when the orders went through I guess.

I wouldn't hold my breath on an order confirmation. I ordered the OG andromedas 2 years ago and the Special Edition Golds 2 weeks ago and didn't get a confirmation either time. I did get a shipping confirmation both times though. If you really want to confirm your order i'd contact them through email, chat or phone.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2019 at 2:17 PM Post #8,098 of 9,829
What do u liked more at the gold compared to Solaris ?
Fit and comfort is the deciding factor for me. Solaris is with good mid and wide soundstgae but I already own jvc fw10000 is in my opinion more details. And solaris is too big for my small ear. So I choose the more fun sounding and engaging gold. But really both have different sound signature.

Sep 17, 2019 at 6:00 PM Post #8,099 of 9,829
8B0AC221-8BBE-4008-9E69-2EFBD096A744.jpeg

D20BDE17-A938-4AE6-BD9F-ACB05A14500D.jpeg

Joined the club

Users who are viewing this thread

Back