Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Mar 14, 2019 at 8:26 AM Post #6,767 of 9,829
Can anyone recommend a good third-party MMCX cable for the Andromedas? Looking to make the bass tight and clear and keep the treble sparkly, hopefully for around #200 or under. Tried the Super Litz from ALO but it just made the bass a bit too thick for my tastes.

Mar 14, 2019 at 8:51 AM Post #6,768 of 9,829
Can anyone recommend a good third-party MMCX cable for the Andromedas? Looking to make the bass tight and clear and keep the treble sparkly, hopefully for around #200 or under. Tried the Super Litz from ALO but it just made the bass a bit too thick for my tastes.

Guess you've already tried various ear buds/tips as the standard cable imo is pretty good. I did change mine to a 2.5mm TRRS/MMCX Cable from Forza in Poland. A good price and quick dispatch (compared to some other cable makers), choice of L Shaped or Straight (not shown on website but available) MMCX connectors, nice tight punchy bass, clarity, openness with no top end (treble) compromise. I switch between Symbio W (peeled) and Comply TS-400 Comforts buds/tips.

AK70 Mkii - Forza Hybrid Series iem cable - Andromeda OG

Mar 14, 2019 at 10:23 AM Post #6,769 of 9,829
Guess you've already tried various ear buds/tips as the standard cable imo is pretty good. I did change mine to a 2.5mm TRRS/MMCX Cable from Forza in Poland. A good price and quick dispatch (compared to some other cable makers), choice of L Shaped or Straight (not shown on website but available) MMCX connectors, nice tight punchy bass, clarity, openness with no top end (treble) compromise. I switch between Symbio W (peeled) and Comply TS-400 Comforts buds/tips.

AK70 Mkii - Forza Hybrid Series iem cable - Andromeda OG

I've tried a bunch of different tips and finally settled on the JVC Spiral Dots because I liked how they added clarity to the treble. I'm not using the stock cable from CA because it'a 3.5mm and I want a balanced 2.5mm to use with my Fiio DAP; that's why I ordered the Super Litz (balanced), but thought that it added too much warmth to the overall sound. I've also tried the Fiio LC-2.5c from my pair of F9 Pros and it sounds pretty good with the Andromeda--just wondering if there's something better out there.

Thanks for the suggestion on Forza, I'll have to see if I can check it out.

Mar 14, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #6,770 of 9,829
I'm using the Penon Audio CS819 balanced with my Andro S. It seems very similar to the Ref8. Gives the Andro a slightly smoother signature than the stock litz. I've got the ISN C16 coming to compare it against.

Cool, can I ask exactly what you mean by "smoother"? I love the brightness of my Andromedas and don't want to mess with that.

Mar 14, 2019 at 10:49 AM Post #6,771 of 9,829
Cool, can I ask exactly what you mean by "smoother"? I love the brightness of my Andromedas and don't want to mess with that.

Brightness is retained but just ever so slightly smoothed due to using half copper. Biggest thing I noticed is a slight reduction in harshness on poor recordings. Definitely doesn't change the sound sig.

Mar 14, 2019 at 11:06 PM Post #6,776 of 9,829
I have been used ZX300 with Andromeda and Alo litz 4.4mm balance cable. It doesn’t have hiss, sound good.

b979ac0bd9fecac937c7cf056d485306.jpg

Now I upgrade to WM1Z. I disappointed because on WM1Z 4.4mm balance port show a lot of background noise. It hurts my ear when I listened for a while. On 3.5mm unbalance port WM1Z it’s less hiss. Is it normally?

e0ff1274fe8f8334a497e76d48e73612.jpg

How can I fix? Maybe This paring doesn’t match. I think, should I try WM1A next? Anyone using WM1A with Andromeda 4.4mm balance, Are there any hiss?

Or I should go back ZX300 which one perfect match Andromeda on 4.4mm balance port?

Mar 15, 2019 at 4:29 AM Post #6,777 of 9,829
Mar 15, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #6,778 of 9,829
Mar 15, 2019 at 3:58 PM Post #6,779 of 9,829

I just got the effect audio thor ii balanced cable. Really transformed my andromedas into something else. Tighter bass with more impact, sounds really smooth, incredible detail without any sibilance at all. A bit pricey but it is really worth it. Pair them with the jvc spiral dot eartips too. They sound warmer than the stock litz cable.

Mar 15, 2019 at 4:34 PM Post #6,780 of 9,829
I just got the effect audio thor ii balanced cable. Really transformed my andromedas into something else. Tighter bass with more impact, sounds really smooth, incredible detail without any sibilance at all. A bit pricey but it is really worth it. Pair them with the jvc spiral dot eartips too. They sound warmer than the stock litz cable.

Thanks, I’m sure that cable sounds great, but it’s a little bit out of my price range right now. I just bought the Andromedas, so my wallet needs a break.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back