Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Feb 19, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #3,766 of 9,829
Okay, since you all were in such quick agreement regarding sibilance, one more question -- how fatiguing are the Andromedas? How long can you listen to them straight: one hour, two hours, three hours, more? Without sibilant sharp treble and huge bass I imagine they could be quite non-fatiguing...

Feb 19, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #3,767 of 9,829
  Okay, since you all were in such quick agreement regarding sibilance, one more question -- how fatiguing are the Andromedas? How long can you listen to them straight: one hour, two hours, three hours, more? Without sibilant sharp treble and huge bass I imagine they could be quite non-fatiguing...

I got about 20 minutes before I had a headache, found out I am very treble sensitive, but ymmv

Feb 19, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #3,768 of 9,829

That heavily depends on tip choice and source as well as your tolerance. For me, I've found a combination of being borderline fatiguing, so I can pretty much listen to it until my ears start to hurt physically because of the large housing. Too many variables go into something like that question, so I'm afraid the only way to know is to try them yourself.

Feb 19, 2017 at 2:58 PM Post #3,769 of 9,829
  Hey. One simple question -- is the Andromeda sibilant? I know it's subjective, but there always *some* consensus around sibilance... Or to rephrase -- does it make albums with hot or spiky, brittle treble sound thin and annoying, whereas, say, the Shure se535 or noble k10 don't? 

It actually is sibilant in some tracks like Nothing Else Matters or Cold Shoulder by Adele. But it does handle sibilance better than most other IEMs.
Paired with Fiio X7 and Galaxy S6 Edge

Feb 19, 2017 at 3:26 PM Post #3,770 of 9,829
I read the review PP8 and Andromeda,You were different views I think Is due Player.
https://inearspace.com/2016/12/08/inear-prophile-8-real-reference/2/

Feb 19, 2017 at 3:36 PM Post #3,771 of 9,829
I strongly doubt that if I compare both with the same player with 0.5 Ohm output it doesn't alter the sound signature. In what point is my view different from the review? I know this review quite well.
 That may seem like a good comparison but at this level, they are still quite different beats. The warmer, denser more weighty sounding Campfire doesn’t have the lack of colouration or crazy clarity of the InEar while focusing on more of this lush decay and holographic display

That's pretty much the same I said about the comparison, too.

Feb 19, 2017 at 4:07 PM Post #3,772 of 9,829
Very nice review,but i can't understand about harsh or sibilance I do not.Perhaps that is because cable i don't have stock cable .

Feb 19, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #3,773 of 9,829
Did you try Nothing else Matters by Metallica? I thought the same about sibilance in my usual tracks until I got advice to test this one or the one from Adele I mentioned because it has quite a lot of sibilance.
I also said about the Andromeda
 But it does handle sibilance better than most other IEMs.

Most songs are without sibilance with the Andromeda but it isn't 100% free.

Feb 19, 2017 at 4:49 PM Post #3,774 of 9,829
I just tried ,I do not have.
Qp1r /Andromeda/Norne Audio Silvergarde S
The really smoothly than before .not 100% free you right but very little.

Feb 19, 2017 at 8:55 PM Post #3,775 of 9,829
I just tried ,I do not have.
Qp1r /Andromeda/Norne Audio Silvergarde S
The really smoothly than before .not 100% free you right but very little.

Quick question how does the u12 and the andromeda compare?

Feb 19, 2017 at 10:54 PM Post #3,777 of 9,829
I agree pfurey89.I love both but spend more time with Andromeda .

Feb 19, 2017 at 11:21 PM Post #3,778 of 9,829
But if Andromeda is to match with Sony WM1A/Z. The bass will be increased by the player itself.

So its a good pairing for me, I would say.

So far i have no issue with sibilance, on X1 or X5II or WM1A.

Fatigue wise, not for me. I have it with other cables which give more power/kicks to the sound, i can wear it like all the time i am out walking around 4-5hrs straight.

If it is with it's default Litz cable, i would say it will be a smooth and relax sound, would not have any fatigue.

Feb 20, 2017 at 6:50 AM Post #3,779 of 9,829
Forgot to mention when I got the andro: Does anyone have any issues using it with their Samsung Galaxy S7 edge? My phone doesn't even recognise that it is plugged in. It doesn't really matter as I've my dx, but it would be nice to at least have the ability.

Never. I'm actually listening to that combo while typing this. Forgot the 6.25mm adapter at home and can't use the iFi Micro, hmph.
Seems like a plug issue indeed. Is it fine with other headphones? Have you tried using one of those little extensions and see if it works?

(assuming you mean the 3.5mm jack and not via USB/OTG)

Feb 20, 2017 at 6:54 PM Post #3,780 of 9,829
U12 is warmer and smoother with more bass. Andro has more air and treble detail, but less bass and mids aren't as silky.

In your opinion is the u12 better then the andro?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back