Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Feb 28, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #3,797 of 9,829
If I move the connector on the cable Left and right it kinda feels loose, is this normal?

Feb 28, 2017 at 6:40 PM Post #3,798 of 9,829
You mean it spins around?

Feb 28, 2017 at 6:45 PM Post #3,799 of 9,829
You mean it spins around?

No if I just move the connector left and right, up and down or side to side it kinda feels loose and sometimes it makes a clicking noise.

I have the stock cable

Feb 28, 2017 at 7:17 PM Post #3,800 of 9,829
My stock cable only spins around cant move like a joystick.

It's a tight fit.

Feb 28, 2017 at 7:23 PM Post #3,801 of 9,829
My stock cable only spins around cant move like a joystick.

It's a tight fit.

some reason mine feels loose and makes some clicking noise when I move it. You know where the thing that connects to the iem

Maybe it's nothing and I am worrying to much.

EDIT: JD from support told me it is normal and there are some tolerance in movement.

Feb 28, 2017 at 7:59 PM Post #3,802 of 9,829
some reason mine feels loose and makes some clicking noise when I move it. You know where the thing that connects to the iem

Maybe it's nothing and I am worrying to much.

EDIT: JD from support told me it is normal and there are some tolerance in movement.

It won't drop out, it will just spin.
Too secure, very hard to remove cable too, but i found a weaker point that is more easier to plug the cable out when spinning the cable around.

Mar 1, 2017 at 10:22 AM Post #3,803 of 9,829
This probably happens with many other IEMs, but that fat Mickey Mouse nozzle on the Andromeda just makes it more visible,especially not being a mesh. The very open tips might make this look more obvious but probably also make the condensation evaporate a lot faster when the IEMs are removed...

Here's my nozzle before and after a minute. The condensation moisture fully evaporated...

I'm going back to this. I'm worried about this and it happens quite quickly on my pair of Andromeda freshly arrived.
I asked Ken if there is any risk to deteriorate IEMs, I'll keep you posted.

Mar 1, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #3,805 of 9,829
After wearing wipe dry. That's what i do.

Nozzle face down after use, dont lei any droplets or dust have any chance to drop inside. (Usually won't drop in, so far when i am using)

Mar 2, 2017 at 6:34 PM Post #3,807 of 9,829
  Is there a way to tell if it is a real Andromeda? I am looking to purchase an Andromeda in nickel, but it is very difficult to see if it is the Andromeda in nickel or a set of Novas.

You sure it was a silver Andromeda? I thought they only came in green. In fact, I thought the entire lineup only came in 1 color for each IEM. Never heard otherwise.

Mar 2, 2017 at 6:41 PM Post #3,808 of 9,829
  You sure it was a silver Andromeda? I thought they only came in green. In fact, I thought the entire lineup only came in 1 color for each IEM. Never heard otherwise.

I have seen a couple for sale on the classifieds and no ones flagged them or anything so I hope they are a real thing haha. I really would love a set of andromedas but the green is such a turn off for me for a flagship product. 

Mar 2, 2017 at 6:54 PM Post #3,809 of 9,829
  I have seen a couple for sale on the classifieds and no ones flagged them or anything so I hope they are a real thing haha. I really would love a set of andromedas but the green is such a turn off for me for a flagship product. 

The green color is really beautiful in person.  The color seems to change depending on how the light hits it.  And of course the sound is incredible!
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back