Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Jun 21, 2016 at 6:31 AM Post #1,607 of 9,829
yes it will cost $1549.85 to get it to the UK

Iem + Import fee + 20% tax + over seas delivery. 

UK import tax and Vat kill me with this hobby. Purchased some in-ears from the for sales board here and they got "caught" in customs. Customs are supposed to add market value or sale price plus shipping together then hit you for import plus vat. The items looked new, but they chose to use the value declared on the package in dollars and just convert it to sterling and calculate based on that. Didn't argue too hard as it still works out less than full retail, but just proves to me they are pretty much making it up as they go along on the border here! Ah well.

Jun 21, 2016 at 2:08 PM Post #1,611 of 9,829
Hey guys, was wondering what silicone tips are yall using other than the provided ones. I feel that the ones that come with the Nova are a little too soft

A friend came over just now and tried my Nova. He put on a pair of Sony Hybrid tips and the fit was fantastic! So good that I asked him to just give them to me. Hahah! I think it will still depend on your ear anatomy but the quality of the Hybrids is really good. Haven't tried Spinfit with my Nova yet.

Jun 21, 2016 at 7:39 PM Post #1,612 of 9,829
Yesterday, I popped by the e-earphone store in Tokyo and did some listening. I had the S-EM9 loaner, whilst on the shelves and next to the Andromeda were the new Noble range, and Oriolus. I heard the Andromeda before at the Fujiya Spring show but didn't get an opportunity to listen side-by-side with other competing earphones. Granted my listening time yesterday was short (probably 30 mins circling across the aforementioned range of IEMs) but to my ears the Andromeda sounded the most coherent and spacious of the lot. I felt possibly Noble's Savanna came close to being the similar FR but didn't have the spaciousness of the Andromeda.

Unfortunately the time wasn't long enough to get deeper into the technicalities of the Andromeda (not to mention in a public environment), but it was definitely worthy enough for a deeper look into the Andromedas.

Jun 21, 2016 at 7:59 PM Post #1,613 of 9,829
Hey guys, was wondering what silicone tips are yall using other than the provided ones. I feel that the ones that come with the Nova are a little too soft

I use the Jvc Spiral Dot. Fit's pretty good. Dual flange from meelec fits pretty good too. But it isolate too much, You probably don't want to wear it while cycling or on the street....
confused_face.gif

Jun 21, 2016 at 11:45 PM Post #1,614 of 9,829

I use the Jvc Spiral Dot. Fit's pretty good. Dual flange from meelec fits pretty good too. But it isolate too much, You probably don't want to wear it while cycling or on the street....
confused_face.gif

The MeeAudio dual-flanges are very odd eartips for me. They were absolutely fantastic on the M11+ way back then, but they don't do justice for my ears (seal or comfort) on any other IEM I've had that fits them.

I'm currently using Spinfits. Pretty comfortable for me, though I've had to use mediums instead of extra smalls because of the shallow insertion.

Jun 21, 2016 at 11:50 PM Post #1,615 of 9,829

The MeeAudio dual-flanges are very odd eartips for me. They were absolutely fantastic on the M11+ way back then, but they don't do justice for my ears (seal or comfort) on any other IEM I've had that fits them.

I'm currently using Spinfits. Pretty comfortable for me, though I've had to use mediums instead of extra smalls because of the shallow insertion.

My left ear have a slight different anatomy compare to my right canal. The dual flange, front flange keep getting flipped inside out. Which, makes me unable to use it.
Stock Silicone tips from CFA I can't get any seal at all.
redface.gif

Jun 21, 2016 at 11:54 PM Post #1,616 of 9,829

I also use spinfits. I've heard people have mixed reviews on the effect they have on the sound quality but they simply seal the best and are the most comfortable.
I ALSO usually use the smallest size possible when it comes to tips but I find myself going up and up in size with this combo. Started with the SS, then the smalls....now have the mediums coming in the mail tomorrow to try.
I also ordered some spiral dots but have no idea how long the journey from China will be.

Jun 22, 2016 at 12:01 AM Post #1,618 of 9,829
My left ear have a slight different anatomy compare to my right canal. The dual flange, front flange keep getting flipped inside out. Which, makes me unable to use it.

Stock Silicone tips from CFA I can't get any seal at all.
:xf_eek:

I would agree on the stock silicone CFA tips...I tried the single flange for about 10 seconds, and REALLY didn't like the sound....thin, tinny, over-expressed highs, and just not very pleasant for me...

Maybe it was the fit of the silicone, but I just can't get away from the enclosed Comply's....to me this is the best sound sig I can achieve. I really like the fullness, fairly deep bass, excellent isolation, and warm sound. Just hits me right.

Jun 22, 2016 at 1:09 AM Post #1,619 of 9,829
I also use spinfits. I've heard people have mixed reviews on the effect they have on the sound quality but they simply seal the best and are the most comfortable.
I ALSO usually use the smallest size possible when it comes to tips but I find myself going up and up in size with this combo. Started with the SS, then the smalls....now have the mediums coming in the mail tomorrow to try.
I also ordered some spiral dots but have no idea how long the journey from China will be.

China? I thought the Spiral dot come from JP?
I would agree on the stock silicone CFA tips...I tried the single flange for about 10 seconds, and REALLY didn't like the sound....thin, tinny, over-expressed highs, and just not very pleasant for me...

Maybe it was the fit of the silicone, but I just can't get away from the enclosed Comply's....to me this is the best sound sig I can achieve. I really like the fullness, fairly deep bass, excellent isolation, and warm sound. Just hits me right.

Yea, I can't even get a seal on my left ear. I find that the nozzle is a little too short. (May be a plus point if you are using dual flange).

I've been using the non-Comply foamies on Orion and Nova but feel inspired to try out JVC Spiral Dot, Sony Isolation, and SpinFit tips.

Sony? Hmm.. It sure is comfortable. But I'm a little worried about the sound would be alter..Due to the bore's diameter.
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back