Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Jun 16, 2016 at 2:30 AM Post #1,578 of 9,829
Enjoy your first Father's Day as much as we enjoy our Andromeda/Novas! Congrats!

Thanks so much! I hope I do like it as much or hopefully more than the Andromeda/Novas. I've had the culinary delights from the particular restaurant already (it's called Great Maple), and the food does give the IEMs a run for their money. I'll give the edge to the IEMs because you can use them for many years as compared to the food that while scrumptious, goes in once, and that's it - until you eat more of course.

Here's another picture of the Andromeda (can't have enough in my opinion):

Jun 16, 2016 at 2:43 AM Post #1,579 of 9,829
Thanks so much! I hope I do like it as much or hopefully more than the Andromeda/Novas. I've had the culinary delights from the particular restaurant already (it's called Great Maple), and the food does give the IEMs a run for their money. I'll give the edge to the IEMs because you can use them for many years as compared to the food that while scrumptious, goes in once, and that's it - until you eat more of course.

Here's another picture of the Andromeda (can't have enough in my opinion):

thats a great picture mate! 
biggrin.gif

Jun 16, 2016 at 2:51 AM Post #1,580 of 9,829

thats a great picture mate! 
biggrin.gif

Yeah...very nice pic indeed!
When I looked at the nozzle imagining the big hole as a mouth and the 2 small ones as eyes, it reminded me of these legendary paintings...

the-scream-1893%281%29.jpg

ea01db87b6f58b36b9b8236031de33be.jpg

images

You sir, created a whole new classic in that line-up!
wink.gif

Jun 16, 2016 at 4:46 AM Post #1,581 of 9,829

My big bro teasing me with the Nova since I addressed the package to him (because Massdrop won't ship to the country where I'm in). He happens to be a local DJ around his place. Keeps telling my why I buy expensive things like that, they don't even have enough bass, blah blah. He even told me the cables look cheap and will easily break if gets tangled onto something. What I couldn't take was his advice, that I should get one of those cheapo, eyesore, plastic, sprink-like thing to cover them cables. I'm like "just put em back in the box and send em to me quick!" Haha! 
etysmile.gif

Jun 18, 2016 at 4:05 AM Post #1,586 of 9,829

My big bro teasing me with the Nova since I addressed the package to him (because Massdrop won't ship to the country where I'm in). He happens to be a local DJ around his place. Keeps telling my why I buy expensive things like that, they don't even have enough bass, blah blah. He even told me the cables look cheap and will easily break if gets tangled onto something. What I couldn't take was his advice, that I should get one of those cheapo, eyesore, plastic, sprink-like thing to cover them cables. I'm like "just put em back in the box and send em to me quick!" Haha! 
etysmile.gif

Lol, the local DJ thing explains not enough bass remarks. When you're a DJ, everything needs to have a bunch of bass apparently cuz you just get numb to it
tongue.gif
. I will say that for my tastes though, the Nova is lacking a little bit in quantity and weight. But it's very much the sort of bass I expect from BAs: very fast, very accurate, but a little on the lean side. Also probably has to do with the Nova using two full-range BAs instead of one low and one mid/high.
The cable (besides the memory wire in my case, but it's obviously personal preference) is fantastic. Soft and supple, but well-braided and has a sturdy right-angle jack.

Jun 18, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #1,587 of 9,829
as with any new release there is bound to be some hype associated with it, but these 2 new IEMs have been gaining a religious fervor amongst head fiers, it seems like I have to check both of this out soon!

Well worth the effort...I am mightily impressed with my Novas...just wow. This is the best IEM I have ever had (not too many but enough to appreciate the Nova), and the sound signature is about perfect for me. Review coming...Excellent IEM, it is.

Jun 18, 2016 at 7:31 PM Post #1,588 of 9,829
Well worth the effort...I am mightily impressed with my Novas...just wow. This is the best IEM I have ever had (not too many but enough to appreciate the Nova), and the sound signature is about perfect for me. Review coming...Excellent IEM, it is.

The Novas sound great. I think they're a little off in sound signature for my personal tastes, but that by no means should discourage anyone from getting them to try. Even not as fully my type of sound signature, it's still an incredibly good IEM.

Jun 20, 2016 at 7:04 AM Post #1,589 of 9,829
Ken,
If you are monitoring this thread I hope you can help me with a question. I have heard that you use the Lotoo Paw Gold when showing the Andromeda. Do you use any PMEq settings, and if so would you mind sharing? I think this is a great pairing with only a smidge of audible hiss. Thanks for your help and thanks for a great product!

Jun 20, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #1,590 of 9,829
Has anyone else been testing these with a dx80? I'm getting very mixed results with Nova coming out of it.

Tested yesterday with Chord mojo and an AK120. Both sounded great, but in general treble has been leaving me wanting. With my dx80 I'm finding the need to EQ a lot.

Edit - They are sounding really good through my modi-> asgard 2 out of foobar as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back