Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
May 11, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #812 of 9,829
audio123 thanks! I enjoyed TWF41 myself, have been using it with my DX90 for well over a month now and is currently my daily driver. I agree that it is warm, I don't find it to be too thick, but I have no experience with thin sounding IEM either, so I can't make a good judgement myself. And my ear definitely isn't trained to hear any coherence issue, but it is a hybird dynamic and planar, so I guess it's expected to some degree. :)

Happy to know Nova is better in technicality! I have some problem with TWF41 fit, hopefully Nova fit my ear better and can be my daily driver.

May 11, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #813 of 9,829
@audio123 thanks! I enjoyed TWF41 myself, have been using it with my DX90 for well over a month now and is currently my daily driver. I agree that it is warm, I don't find it to be too thick, but I have no experience with thin sounding IEM either, so I can't make a good judgement myself. And my ear definitely isn't trained to hear any coherence issue, but it is a hybird dynamic and planar, so I guess it's expected to some degree.
smily_headphones1.gif

Happy to know Nova is better in technicality! I have some problem with TWF41 fit, hopefully Nova fit my ear better and can be my daily driver.

lush and creamy sounding would be a better choice of words
beerchug.gif

yes fitting for twf41 is like ckr10
i heard a dap is not enough to drive it fully though
tongue.gif

May 11, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #814 of 9,829
lush and creamy sounding would be a better choice of words :beerchug:
yes fitting for twf41 is like ckr10
i heard a dap is not enough to drive it fully though :p

I'm still struggling with the choice of audiophile words. :D

I don't find it to be hard to drive, but between DX90 and the Radius LCH91 DAC/Amp, it doesn't change drastically. Maybe I'll try with some better Amp if I have the chance.

Getting a bit off topic, now back to Nova. :)

May 11, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #815 of 9,829
Looks like my NOVA might have shipped.

I just got an email from CA to review the product I purchased.

May 11, 2016 at 3:06 PM Post #816 of 9,829

Who is aware of a red colour orion? I just found out :p

May 11, 2016 at 3:12 PM Post #818 of 9,829
May 11, 2016 at 3:15 PM Post #820 of 9,829

Another limited edition Orion this time from Japan!

May 11, 2016 at 3:17 PM Post #821 of 9,829
I stand corrected, it appears there are more stunning colors like this one:

Campfire Audio Orion Sky 

Picture by labomber

May 11, 2016 at 3:20 PM Post #822 of 9,829
Will the different editions sound different as compared to the original version? For example, the Korea edition is tuned for korea music and ak players LOL

May 11, 2016 at 3:27 PM Post #823 of 9,829
Will the different editions sound different as compared to the original version? For example, the Korea edition is tuned for korea music and ak players LOL

Wow mate, you're so damn good, now still here, not getting sleep yet.
Now I was found that, you be my passed on CA here, do more research from their special CA edition :)

May 11, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #824 of 9,829
  as upper mids is my favourite section and I listened to female vocals, the nova I would say is dark and lack the energy.
However, the imaging and presentation is good without a doubt. I try to appreciate the sound of it but I need the boost in upper mids.
Still considering if I should plunge for the Nova for its technicality.

I haven't heard them yet - but I'm really confused - and wondering why the graph actually says these have great upper mids, but you're claiming they're not.

The upper mid-range starts from just after 1 kHz - and it is precisely in the 2-3 kHz range where the Nova has a slight rise.  It's only about 2.5 dB - but its exactly this frequency range which gives air and sweetness to female vocals.  The range at 3.5-4.5 has virtually no effect on vocals and its an area a lot of manufacturers dip.

I'm hoping someone else who has actually heard the Novas (for a decent amount of time) will chime in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back