1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova

First

Back
47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56
58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67
Next

Last
  1. jeffri

An IEM you can sleep on? I'm happy to hear that, I often slept with my IEM on during commute. :)

2. anzo
    noob here!
    My Andromeda is coming in tomorrow, this is my 2nd $400+ IEM since Triple fi 10
    I have been sitting the idea of getting CIEM, backed out due to comfort concerns.
    Also considered of waiting MD to drop Shure 846
    Until I saw the Andromeda, and got sold by the hype!!
    Am I supposed be blown away by these green monsters?

3. audio123

the forwardness of it*

4. The Life
    image.jpg

Got my Andromedas this afternoon. Wonderful sound (almost at the same level of musicality as my K10 customs and maybe even a bit more resolving). The carry case is gorgeous. The cable is soft and supple but damn that memory wire to hell. If I could get this litz cable with no memory wire, it would probably unseat the Linums as my favorite cables. If it wouldn't void my warranty, I would probably use a wire-stripper to get rid of the memory wire.

5. audio123

i want the andromeda [​IMG]
    gonna get it soon

6. audio123

phonak iems are the best iems you can sleep on

7. kimD

Great feedback, I will look forward for mine, how nice there are.. Maybe end of month already, cause still no news from s'pore site

Actually I've were used sxc24 with my Jupiter so far so good, last weekend added extra same pair for awaiting my andromeda coming on hand :)
    [​IMG]

8. moedawg140 Contributor

Cheers, and good on you, my friend.

Thanks Alex for the comments, appreciate them for sure.  I don't like to show off too much, but I thought it described how I felt without any words being written.

Take care, and have a great day or night everyone.

9. nmatheis Contributor

I found Andromeda to be more musical and engaging than K10U after a brief back to back audition. While K10U is no slouch, if I were looking at one for purchase, it'd be Andromeda. Different strokes for different folks :wink:

10. nmatheis Contributor
    Man, all this Nova discussion has me confused. I described them as an energetic sound after listening to the entire CFA lineup out of PAW Gold. I know we all hear differently, but I'm surprised to hear them described as dark.

Someone asked about Orion with the new cable. I previously heard Orion with the original tinsel cable and felt the new Litz cable was a sonic improvement, with a fuller sound. I purchased a remaining pair of Orion SE with tinsel cable at the meet and just pulled the trigger on the new Litz cable for them as an upgrade.

Bought Nova as a complementary sounding IEM to add to my collection. I think people will be happy with these!
    :beerchug:

Brooko and ngoshawk like this.
  11. pr0b3r

Same thing happened to me. Payment error but after trying again, it was okay I guess. No email came about any errors.

I'm glad to hear about the good impressions on the Nova however there are still some conflicting opinions. Let's hope they will be clarified soon when the units arrived on the hands of many.

12. nmatheis Contributor
    Different opinions? On headfi? No way :p

audionewbi likes this.
  13. pr0b3r

Hahaha! Almost fell for that seriously. Or were you serious? Really? [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. nmatheis Contributor

LOLZ! Are Nova dark, neutral, lively, energetic? Source dependent? We all have different experience, taste, and expectations, which define our frame of reference. The best thing you can do IMHO is find a headfi buddy or two who share similar taste and follow their opinion. That's served me well!
    :beerchug:

pr0b3r likes this.
  15. audio123

well we have the same taste but this is the first iem that we have different opinions O_o

First

Back
47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56
58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67
Next

Last