Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
May 11, 2016 at 9:59 PM Post #841 of 9,829
Audio123 described the Nova as technical and thats a fair assessment, as some described the Andromeda as holographic.

It is a fairly even IEM overall.
Bass and treble are moderate.
The bass can be increase or decreased via tip rolling.
With the stock tips the highs are airy and realistic than extended.

I had a good listen yesterday on my many commutes and found I could use the M tips instead of the L size. Much better.

I also fell asleep on the train twice....with the Novas in.

An IEM you can sleep on? I'm happy to hear that, I often slept with my IEM on during commute. :)

May 11, 2016 at 10:10 PM Post #842 of 9,829
noob here!
My Andromeda is coming in tomorrow, this is my 2nd $400+ IEM since Triple fi 10
I have been sitting the idea of getting CIEM, backed out due to comfort concerns.
Also considered of waiting MD to drop Shure 846
Until I saw the Andromeda, and got sold by the hype!!
Am I supposed be blown away by these green monsters?

May 11, 2016 at 10:31 PM Post #843 of 9,829

I haven't heard them yet - but I'm really confused - and wondering why the graph actually says these have great upper mids, but you're claiming they're not.

The upper mid-range starts from just after 1 kHz - and it is precisely in the 2-3 kHz range where the Nova has a slight rise.  It's only about 2.5 dB - but its exactly this frequency range which gives air and sweetness to female vocals.  The range at 3.5-4.5 has virtually no effect on vocals and its an area a lot of manufacturers dip.

I'm hoping someone else who has actually heard the Novas (for a decent amount of time) will chime in.

the forwardness of it*

May 11, 2016 at 10:32 PM Post #844 of 9,829

Got my Andromedas this afternoon. Wonderful sound (almost at the same level of musicality as my K10 customs and maybe even a bit more resolving). The carry case is gorgeous. The cable is soft and supple but damn that memory wire to hell. If I could get this litz cable with no memory wire, it would probably unseat the Linums as my favorite cables. If it wouldn't void my warranty, I would probably use a wire-stripper to get rid of the memory wire.

May 11, 2016 at 10:33 PM Post #845 of 9,829

Got my Andromedas this afternoon. Wonderful sound (almost at the same level of musicality as my K10 customs and maybe even a bit more resolving). The carry case is gorgeous. The cable is soft and supple but damn that memory wire to hell. If I could get this litz cable with no memory wire, it would probably unseat the Linums as my favorite cables. If it wouldn't void my warranty, I would probably use a wire-stripper to get rid of the memory wire.

i want the andromeda
eek.gif

gonna get it soon

May 11, 2016 at 10:34 PM Post #847 of 9,829

Great feedback, I will look forward for mine, how nice there are.. Maybe end of month already, cause still no news from s'pore site

Actually I've were used sxc24 with my Jupiter so far so good, last weekend added extra same pair for awaiting my andromeda coming on hand :)
P1050980.RW2_zpshnz8z2yu.jpg

May 11, 2016 at 11:23 PM Post #848 of 9,829
Safe to say you like them @moedawg140? There's a reason I said these were my personal standout at the recent Portland meet. Ken & Co. took their time and really did things right with the CFA lineup!

Cheers, and good on you, my friend.

Never mind the impressions or the review, that was one ONE SICK backflip!!!  Holy crap Maurice!!!

Thanks Alex for the comments, appreciate them for sure.  I don't like to show off too much, but I thought it described how I felt without any words being written.

Take care, and have a great day or night everyone.

May 11, 2016 at 11:53 PM Post #849 of 9,829

I found Andromeda to be more musical and engaging than K10U after a brief back to back audition. While K10U is no slouch, if I were looking at one for purchase, it'd be Andromeda. Different strokes for different folks :wink:

May 12, 2016 at 12:00 AM Post #850 of 9,829
Man, all this Nova discussion has me confused. I described them as an energetic sound after listening to the entire CFA lineup out of PAW Gold. I know we all hear differently, but I'm surprised to hear them described as dark.

Someone asked about Orion with the new cable. I previously heard Orion with the original tinsel cable and felt the new Litz cable was a sonic improvement, with a fuller sound. I purchased a remaining pair of Orion SE with tinsel cable at the meet and just pulled the trigger on the new Litz cable for them as an upgrade.

Bought Nova as a complementary sounding IEM to add to my collection. I think people will be happy with these!
:beerchug:

May 12, 2016 at 1:56 AM Post #851 of 9,829
Just got notified by payment error. LOL

Thanksfully it's working smoothly by re-entering the payment info.
biggrin.gif

Last time I checked, it was at 160-ish, seems like FOMO taking effect. Now time to wait.

Same thing happened to me. Payment error but after trying again, it was okay I guess. No email came about any errors.

I'm glad to hear about the good impressions on the Nova however there are still some conflicting opinions. Let's hope they will be clarified soon when the units arrived on the hands of many.

May 12, 2016 at 2:39 AM Post #854 of 9,829
Hahaha! Almost fell for that seriously. Or were you serious? Really? :blink:  :confused_face_2:

LOLZ! Are Nova dark, neutral, lively, energetic? Source dependent? We all have different experience, taste, and expectations, which define our frame of reference. The best thing you can do IMHO is find a headfi buddy or two who share similar taste and follow their opinion. That's served me well!
:beerchug:

May 12, 2016 at 3:43 AM Post #855 of 9,829
LOLZ! Are Nova dark, neutral, lively, energetic? Source dependent? We all have different experience, taste, and expectations, which define our frame of reference. The best thing you can do IMHO is find a headfi buddy or two who share similar taste and follow their opinion. That's served me well!
beerchug.gif

well we have the same taste but this is the first iem that we have different opinions O_o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back