Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
May 12, 2016 at 4:05 AM Post #856 of 9,825
LOLZ! Are Nova dark, neutral, lively, energetic? Source dependent? We all have different experience, taste, and expectations, which define our frame of reference. The best thing you can do IMHO is find a headfi buddy or two who share similar taste and follow their opinion. That's served me well!
beerchug.gif

well we have the same taste but this is the first iem that we have different opinions O_o

Hahaha! I'm just glad that most people here respect each other's opinions and accept whatever the differences in their preferences are. IMO, this conflicting opinions regarding CA IEMs (or the Nova only?) only added fire to my curiosity. I haven't owned TOTL IEMs ever and only own some cheapo and midfi ones. Say, I regularly use my IE8 and Aurisonics Rockets, would the Nova be a listening upgrade for me? I appreciate the strong areas of those mentioned IEMs even though they're totally different so I think maybe I'll have no problem once I get the Nova.

Sadly, headfi buddies are hard to find where I'm at. I'm still hoping to find some with same taste someday though.

May 12, 2016 at 4:20 AM Post #859 of 9,825
Hahaha! I'm just glad that most people here respect each other's opinions and accept whatever the differences in their preferences are. IMO, this conflicting opinions regarding CA IEMs (or the Nova only?) only added fire to my curiosity. I haven't owned TOTL IEMs ever and only own some cheapo and midfi ones. Say, I regularly use my IE8 and Aurisonics Rockets, would the Nova be a listening upgrade for me? I appreciate the strong areas of those mentioned IEMs even though they're totally different so I think maybe I'll have no problem once I get the Nova.

Sadly, headfi buddies are hard to find where I'm at. I'm still hoping to find some with same taste someday though.
hmm u like the aurisonics rockets, have you tried the asg 1 + and do you like it? For me Orion is closest to rockets while Nova to asg 1+.thanks for bringing up the aurisonics iems.its a good comparison. Cheers.

May 12, 2016 at 4:45 AM Post #860 of 9,825
hmm u like the aurisonics rockets, have you tried the asg 1 + and do you like it? For me Orion is closest to rockets while Nova to asg 1+.thanks for bringing up the aurisonics iems.its a good comparison. Cheers.

When I feel like I wanted to hear good clarity and detail, I plug in the Rockets. The IE8 is dark but I love the bass. Certainly, my ears still need to be trained to pick up more technical aspects of the sound. That's why for now I enjoy musical sounding IEMs more than the analytical ones. I hope to enjoy the Nova as much as I have enjoyed listening to my current gears.

Btw, I haven't tried the other models from Aurisonics. I read somewhere Fender already bought the company.

May 12, 2016 at 4:54 AM Post #861 of 9,825
When I feel like I wanted to hear good clarity and detail, I plug in the Rockets. The IE8 is dark but I love the bass. Certainly, my ears still need to be trained to pick up more technical aspects of the sound. That's why for now I enjoy musical sounding IEMs more than the analytical ones. I hope to enjoy the Nova as much as I have enjoyed listening to my current gears.

Btw, I haven't tried the other models from Aurisonics. I read somewhere Fender already bought the company.
ok means you will enjoy the Nova. Yeap although Fender bought the company the old series is still the best imho

May 12, 2016 at 7:19 AM Post #863 of 9,825
Silly impatient question: anyone on the drop received notification of shipment? I know it says "ships near May 30", or something but I'm just curious.

Thanks and cheers.

May 12, 2016 at 8:12 AM Post #864 of 9,825
Silly impatient question: anyone on the drop received notification of shipment? I know it says "ships near May 30", or something but I'm just curious.

Thanks and cheers.

I suspect that Massdrop's estimate is pretty accurate as the Nova pre-orders are currently shipping.

May 12, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #865 of 9,825
By lurking around Massdrop, I just noticed there's a poll about the next CA IEM to possibly drop. Have you voted already? It would be nice to see the green monster in a much cheaper offering. 
dt880smile.png

https://www.massdrop.com/vote/Best-Universal-Inner-Ear-Monitor-IEM-option

beerchug.gif

May 12, 2016 at 10:24 AM Post #866 of 9,825
May 12, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #869 of 9,825

Users who are viewing this thread

Back