Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
May 8, 2016 at 9:06 PM Post #647 of 9,829

So far, I've been able to resist joining the Massdrop Two Hundred despite the Nova's beauty and apparent euphony. I'm trying my hardest not to succumb to YMBFEBOPSS (Yak Mesmerized by Faceted Ear Bauble on Pearlescent String Syndrome).

Is that the same yak in both pics? He must have a great agent!

May 8, 2016 at 9:07 PM Post #648 of 9,829
I like the Orion, but for those who already tried both Orion and Nova, will I notice a performance upgrade in Nova? There are tracks I wish Orion has more lows though..

..I'm really tempted with the Massdrop offer

May 8, 2016 at 9:37 PM Post #649 of 9,829
I like the Orion, but for those who already tried both Orion and Nova, will I notice a performance upgrade in Nova? There are tracks I wish Orion has more lows though..

..I'm really tempted with the Massdrop offer

I can't say there's more low end, but Nova did sound punchier than Orion during my quick test drive.

May 8, 2016 at 9:43 PM Post #650 of 9,829
Technically talks, Nova are the better & recent.
Comes with 2 BA at least & included Litz cable as well, the housings also were same size as Jupiter & Andromeda, if I not wrong

Just the Lizt cable worth for $150 at least, then the rest for Nova only pay with $200 :)

May 8, 2016 at 10:30 PM Post #653 of 9,829

Is that the same yak in both pics? He must have a great agent!

My dog is a mini yak. love it. mud paw.

kb

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
May 8, 2016 at 10:40 PM Post #654 of 9,829
To @alvinmate

There are depend who you asking from.
If I am the salesman definitely you must buy.
If I am the consumer, please on hold and do with audition first then decide again, otherwise you had tried Jupiter before LOL.
At the end still trust your ears :)

May 8, 2016 at 10:46 PM Post #655 of 9,829
Sorry for a potentially stupid question, but...

Are the Novas leaps and bounds ahead of IEMs such as the Westone UM Pro 30s, PSB M4U-4s and RHA T20s? The normal price is quite a bit higher but if I got the Novas through the Massdrop offer then they'd be about the same. I love the design and philosophy surrounding Campfire Audio but there's very limited impressions of the Novas (obviously) and I don't want to buy just on blind faith.

Again, sorry if this question seems ignorant.

This I would also like to know. So far have resisted the drop and just picked up a pair of Trinity Atlas' which I am super happy with.

May 9, 2016 at 12:11 AM Post #658 of 9,829
You gave quite the glowing review of the FLC8S. Would you care to comment about how the Nova (or even Andromeda) might compare? (At the Massdrop price, the FLC8S and Nova price is similar).

I've spent countless hours with FLC8S and find myself returning to them time and again. It's a great IEM that bridges nicely between mid and upper tier IEM.

I spent but a few minutes with Nova and wasn't taking notes - just enjoying. As such, I think it would be unfair for me to judge one vs. the other. And with FLC8S being a highly tunable IEM, what I'd ideally do is to try and configure it to best match Nova's sound and compare that. No such opportunity arose. What I will say is that I was intrigued enough that I told Ken I would've purchased a pair on the spot if they'd been up for bids at the fundraiser auction. I wouldn't have said that if I didn't think that were good. And I'm seriously thinking about joining the drop. Shh... don't tell my wife :wink:

As far as Andromeda goes, I again did no side by side comparison but would have to say that in this case it wasn't needed. Andromeda was the star of the show for me on Saturday. I preferred it to the other TOTL IEM I listened to (K10, U10, and U12). FLC8S is really good for the price but not quite that good.

Hope that helps somewhat. I'm a bit biased to CFA IEM, since they sound great, have stellar industrial design and bombproof build, and different parts of the IEM are manufactured in cities in Oregon I have ties to. Can't say that about any other IEM.
:beerchug:

May 9, 2016 at 1:34 AM Post #659 of 9,829
Hmm... Not sure I can adequately answer that question. I'd loaned the HEM lineup to a buddy (shh... it's our secret :wink: )and hadn't heard them for a couple weeks at the time I auditioned the CFA lineup.. As such, I'm not going to trust my auditory memory on this one. Sorry. At least I'm honest about it, right?

No worries - it was a bit of a left field question anyway! :wink: Got the HEM2 recently via Massdrop and have been very surprised just how listenable it is, so was just wondering where the Nova sound would slide into that range as I'm on the Massdrop for that as well. Guess I'll find out in a month or so!

May 9, 2016 at 7:26 AM Post #660 of 9,829
Wow what Ken did the Orion?
Just went to audition today for Orion.
The sound not that bad to be compared my Jupiter.

The sound definitely are smaller Jupiter.
Bass, treble & mids all in for single BA.

Now I was realized Nova should be much better than Orion :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back