Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Oct 18, 2018 at 5:47 AM Post #6,047 of 9,829
I do have custom tips for the Andromeda. They will never sound like CIEMs. It will always be a compromise.
I think Andromeda is at top custom level SQ with the right set of tips. Only advantage I can think of with custom is extreme sound isolation (high noise reduction), which increases clarity.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2018 at 5:51 AM Post #6,048 of 9,829
I think Andromeda is at top custom level SQ with the right set of tips. Only advantage I can think of with custom is extreme sound isolation (high noise reduction), which increases clarity.

I am really after comfort to be honest. Wide bores like the Andromeda don't really work well with my ears. Custom tips alter the sound too much.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2018 at 6:02 AM Post #6,049 of 9,829
I am really after comfort to be honest. Wide bores like the Andromeda don't really work well with my ears.
Perhaps canals on the narrower side? I wear large tips usually so only have issues when tips arn't large enough. Symbio Manderin W, wide bore works well for me.

The only issues I have with Andro's nozzle is that my tips slides off easily and sometimes tips get stuck on my ear. I really like KZ star tips, but Andro's nozzle is not ideal to keep it in place (therefore, I can't use them, which is a bummer).

Other than that, form factor is ideal for me being Shure-like ergonomics and being virtually industructable.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2018 at 12:17 PM Post #6,051 of 9,829
My ear canals are not only narrower, they are in a weird angle as well.
Can you post a pic of your custom tips?

Oct 18, 2018 at 1:24 PM Post #6,052 of 9,829
Can you post a pic of your custom tips?

here are mine:

IMG_3945.jpg

Oct 19, 2018 at 1:37 PM Post #6,057 of 9,829
Just picked up the Andro S and I've been skimming through threads looking for the solution to a source w/o hiss. I'm currently running them through my Fulla 2. The hiss isn't terrible, but I wouldn't mind it being gone. I was looking into the Mojo, iFi, or maybe a magni3/modi mb options, but it seems like everything will have hiss. Does anyone run a source that has no hiss with their Andros? This is for a work area, so I can't have a huge setup; hence, why I have a fulla 2.

Oct 19, 2018 at 1:42 PM Post #6,058 of 9,829
The ifi products that have iematch built in work quite well...ifi nano and idsd bl. Pretty compact package as well and included both amp and DAC.

Oct 19, 2018 at 1:42 PM Post #6,059 of 9,829
Just picked up the Andro S and I've been skimming through threads looking for the solution to a source w/o hiss. I'm currently running them through my Fulla 2. The hiss isn't terrible, but I wouldn't mind it being gone. I was looking into the Mojo, iFi, or maybe a magni3/modi mb options, but it seems like everything will have hiss. Does anyone run a source that has no hiss with their Andros? This is for a work area, so I can't have a huge setup; hence, why I have a fulla 2.
Look for a source with between 1 to 2 ohm output impedance. Lower or higher changes the freq response. Or grab an IEMatch to get to that impedance sweetspot. Opinions are mixed on its impact on the sound.

I love mine with the iDSD Micro BL. Much prefer that to the Mojo. But the Micro may be overkill.

Lots of recommendations on this thread. Happy reading!

Oct 19, 2018 at 1:50 PM Post #6,060 of 9,829
Look for a source with between 1 to 2 ohm output impedance. Lower or higher changes the freq response. Or grab an IEMatch to get to that impedance sweetspot. Opinions are mixed on its impact on the sound.

I love mine with the iDSD Micro BL. Much prefer that to the Mojo. But the Micro may be overkill.

Lots of recommendations on this thread. Happy reading!
Do you also have the iFi Purifier3 + Galvanic3?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back