Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Oct 20, 2018 at 9:01 PM Post #6,076 of 9,829
Thanks for the concise response. Well, the reason I asked is that when I tried using the Andros with Chord Dave and Hugo 2 while charging, I sometimes encounter a sharp pain where the housing is in contact with my ear. It doesn't happen on portable devices. I'm suspecting that the housing material has something to do with it.

I had the same issue with Hugo 2. I think the problem is Hugo 2 is not grounded, the source (macmini) is not grounded and a loop was installed (sorry my English - it’s not my native language).
I solved the problem with Ifi Audio Groundhog (https://www.amazon.com/iFi-Groundhog-Ground-Isolator-Systems/dp/B071FM3Q6N). With this I can ground Hugo 2 and no more problem using Andromeda.
Btw, to me Hugo 2 + Andromeda it’s the best pair I have ever heard. The music it’s very real and colorful. Many times it’s really moving listening to music with this pair.

Oct 21, 2018 at 6:26 AM Post #6,077 of 9,829
2hnytlx.jpg

347jof5.jpg

29kt1f7.jpg

Trebly,pin point accurate but a bit thin with RHA silicone vs balanced and bit timbre focused (distorted guitar sounds great)with Symbio W.
Take your pic

Oct 21, 2018 at 8:43 AM Post #6,078 of 9,829
I had the same issue with Hugo 2. I think the problem is Hugo 2 is not grounded, the source (macmini) is not grounded and a loop was installed (sorry my English - it’s not my native language).
I solved the problem with Ifi Audio Groundhog (https://www.amazon.com/iFi-Groundhog-Ground-Isolator-Systems/dp/B071FM3Q6N). With this I can ground Hugo 2 and no more problem using Andromeda.
Btw, to me Hugo 2 + Andromeda it’s the best pair I have ever heard. The music it’s very real and colorful. Many times it’s really moving listening to music with this pair.

I hope that the Groundhog solves my problem too. I'll visit my local dealer and ask about it.

ifi iPower. Clean power. That fixes the problem. I can only say if that happens on the Chord, the power supply circuit design is not well implemented.

The only desktop amp I know and have that does not do this is the Sony TA-ZH1ES. The others gives me the same experience as yours.

I happen to only like the sound quality from Chord stuff above all other DACs so I didn't have a chance to take home anything else. I'll try the iPower too if the issue persists.

Thanks for the valuable feedbacks! :)

Oct 21, 2018 at 8:57 AM Post #6,079 of 9,829
I have the groundhog. Might work in your situation, but didn't work out for me.

Then I got the iDefender for PC -> DAC/Amp powered by the 5V iPower. This solved the problem.

The groundhog isn't expensive so it's worth getting it with the iDefender & iPower as well. Add in the iPurifier 3 and you are good to go.

Oct 21, 2018 at 9:08 AM Post #6,080 of 9,829
2hnytlx.jpg

347jof5.jpg

29kt1f7.jpg

Trebly,pin point accurate but a bit thin with RHA silicone vs balanced and bit timbre focused (distorted guitar sounds great)with Symbio W.
Take your pic
Everybody that gets an Andromeda should try the Symbio W. IMO, the tips maximizes the sound response. Actually, I want to see measurements with Symbio W, and stock tips to see what is the difference is. I'm certain bore size effects the response significantly.

Andromeda should come with Symbio W. Perhaps, this combination was an accident. My first adventure with tips were with Fitear Togo 334 which was a similar experience with tip rolling, and I particularly noticed how bore size effects overall sound back them. I think they share similarities in nozzle design, and therefore tips performance. Which was imported from Japan by Ken and sold on his store.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2018 at 9:37 AM Post #6,081 of 9,829
2hnytlx.jpg

347jof5.jpg

29kt1f7.jpg

Take your pic
Great pics! What was your source for the tips evaluation?

Oct 21, 2018 at 7:30 PM Post #6,083 of 9,829
I've settled with the large firmer silicone bud supplied, sound good when pushed in and angled slightly, the foam tips are either too big or too small and can't get a good seal. Tried Symbio's but the size I bought aren't great. Whatever I try these like to pop out whenever I move.
Have ordered some RHA silicone buds thanks Caruryn.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2018 at 11:18 PM Post #6,084 of 9,829
Just got my Andro S, oh boy, the hype is real. The clarity, the separation, the detail, everything way better than my XBA-N3. Well except the bass, I get used to louder bass. If I remember correctly the bass on Sony IER-M9 is more pronounce than the Andro S. I'm using fiio q1m2 for the dac/amp. Can't head any hiss with the 3.5mm. Lots of hiss from the balaced 2.5mm port (with 2.5mm litz cable).

This thing is super sensitive, I can hear some noise if I connect my fiio to pc or mac. I think I'll try the iDefender3.0.

Oct 22, 2018 at 2:39 AM Post #6,085 of 9,829
Hey mr Ken Ball!! :)

I already have the Andromeda and the Andromeda S and i love it sound tunning...
Is Campfire Solaris the next step to me???

:ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile:

Oct 22, 2018 at 8:17 AM Post #6,087 of 9,829
My money is on the Solaris being a hybrid:smile_phones:
Pretty safe bet. Ken has been putting that 10mm DD in all the new IEMs, and a truly great hybrid is the last peak left unconquered.

Oct 25, 2018 at 12:43 PM Post #6,088 of 9,829
Hello, i am kinda new to IEMs but is a long time home audio hobbyist.. i am thinking of buying either the Green Andro or the Andro S, and was wondering if there is anyone who prefers the Green over the S? I have tried the Green and found them to be the best IEMs that I have tried so far.. I will never be able to demo the S because no demo unit seems available anywhere in Southeast Asia..

The price difference between the two is around USD $200-300.. The S is more expensive down here in SE Asia.. Price difference is not the issue though.. I just don't want to buy the S yet end up preferring the Green..

Cheers Fellas!

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2018 at 2:11 PM Post #6,089 of 9,829
Hello, i am kinda new with IEMs but is a long time home audio hobbyist.. i am thinking of buying either the Green Andro or the Andro S, and was wondering if there is anyone who prefers the Green over the S? I have tried the Green and found them to be the best IEMs that I have tried so far.. I will never be able to demo the S because no demo unit seems available anywhere in Southeast Asia..

The price difference between the two is around USD $200-300.. The S is more expensive down here in SE Asia.. Price difference is not the issue though.. I just don't want to buy the S yet end up preferring the Green..

Cheers Fellas!

http://e-earphone.blog/?p=1290806
This is a somewhat detailed list of the changes vs the green but i doubt you will be disappointed with either on a technical level.
The mids on the S though are really something ,thick,bold a bit forward and i love hearing percussion instruments esp kick drums and cymbals crash.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back