Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Mar 30, 2017 at 9:21 AM Post #3,901 of 9,829
I am really into andromeda but I can't stand moisture around the tip and channel. And even my left earphone was suddenly reduced its volume and made sound imbalance. I tried to suck out by putting it into rice but the condition kept coming back with different side of earphone. Damm I hate that a lot when it's my most expensive earphone :frowning2:(
Could I do anything to avoid that issue ?

Mar 30, 2017 at 9:02 PM Post #3,902 of 9,829
d0310b1e7c4a6b9f557a01cde44319f0.jpg

Its humid here in the summer, so I occasional pop them in here to de-moisturize them.

*I know I can buy packs of the stuff, I looked around and couldn't find any.
So ordered off amazon. Plus the little pop top pack is easy to out in my bag.

Mar 30, 2017 at 10:13 PM Post #3,903 of 9,829
  3.5mm or 4.4mm,i hav wm1a too

I am using 4.4mm with Effect Audio Leonidas cable and Symbio tips.

Which like gives you this speaker/real life- like bass ambience vibration and impact.

Mar 31, 2017 at 6:24 AM Post #3,904 of 9,829
Small update on my "Case mod" after some weeks of use.
It's been much better/easier to carry the stuff around. Finally space to store them properly without squashing.
The woolish cover holds out nicely, no shredding. I'd say it's safe to go for it.

Apr 2, 2017 at 3:04 AM Post #3,906 of 9,829
  Anyone have any luck with custom tips?  I want to maximize my Andromeda experience and hoping to find something better than universal tips

it could take a while, but i have a pair of snugs in the making, maybe can consider that too?

Apr 2, 2017 at 11:04 AM Post #3,907 of 9,829
it could take a while, but i have a pair of snugs in the making, maybe can consider that too?

If you are getting Snugs, make sure that they create the tips in "full shell" form (like a custom IEM shell), as the Snugs in "regular" form (only ear canal molding) didn't fit or sound very good with the Andromeda in my experience.

Apr 3, 2017 at 8:45 AM Post #3,909 of 9,829
If you have an iPhone 6 don't bother with a DAP. I have the Mojo amd DX200 and while they sound great out of both I prefer the iPhone 6 to the Mojo and feel the DX200 doesn't offer any great improvement over the smartphone to warrant the expenditure.

I compared ip6 plus to my wm1a and the 1a just blew all of them. DX200 and Mojo are not top end model, what improvement are you looking for?

Apr 4, 2017 at 3:17 AM Post #3,910 of 9,829
Hi Fellow, I am at moment of dilemma between wm1a and iDSD micro BL and Greek out V2+ in terms of Bass. Let step aside from portable, would you mind guiding me which one will create a great quantity and quality of Bass for Andromeda as I always feel missing Bass but dont want to moving on with Vega
-----Xbass boost switch on iDSD). 
Thank fellows 

Apr 4, 2017 at 5:05 AM Post #3,911 of 9,829
If you are getting Snugs, make sure that they create the tips in "full shell" form (like a custom IEM shell), as the Snugs in "regular" form (only ear canal molding) didn't fit or sound very good with the Andromeda in my experience.

I had some ear canal tips made and they're great. I actually use the same volume for both indoor and outdoor/travelling listening. Extremely clear, open with good bass.

Edit: Though I can imagine full iem bring superior.

Apr 4, 2017 at 5:11 AM Post #3,912 of 9,829
I compared ip6 plus to my wm1a and the 1a just blew all of them. DX200 and Mojo are not top end model, what improvement are you looking for?

When you say 'blew' you mean that the signature was more to your preference. I bought both the DX200 and 1A and sent the 1A back to the shop so obviously we have different preferences.

Admittedly I didn't hear the 1A with Androdema but past experience tells me it will not be a 1k improvement over the iPhone.

Apr 4, 2017 at 5:53 AM Post #3,913 of 9,829
Hi Fellow, I am at moment of dilemma between wm1a and iDSD micro BL and Greek out V2+ in terms of Bass. Let step aside from portable, would you mind guiding me which one will create a great quantity and quality of Bass for Andromeda as I always feel missing Bass but dont want to moving on with Vega

-----Xbass boost switch on iDSD). 

Thank fellows 

I would recommend you to change cable.
The original cable for Andro is more relax.

Then WM1A will bring good bass. The other 2 you mentioned i have not use before though

Change to a better seal eartips.

Apr 4, 2017 at 10:46 AM Post #3,914 of 9,829
When you say 'blew' you mean that the signature was more to your preference. I bought both the DX200 and 1A and sent the 1A back to the shop so obviously we have different preferences.

Admittedly I didn't hear the 1A with Androdema but past experience tells me it will not be a 1k improvement over the iPhone.

Not sure if you actually used Balance output on 1a or single-ended Did you burn it in at least 500 hours?

Apr 4, 2017 at 3:45 PM Post #3,915 of 9,829
If you have an iPhone 6 don't bother with a DAP. I have the Mojo amd DX200 and while they sound great out of both I prefer the iPhone 6 to the Mojo and feel the DX200 doesn't offer any great improvement over the smartphone to warrant the expenditure.

The Andromeda does fairly well on the iPhone from my experience. The Andromeda is sensitive to output impedance and find the iPhone is low enough for my tastes. If needed I could be happy with just that pairing. I do have a dap so I can use a micro sd card for access to more files and it does sound better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back