Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Mar 21, 2017 at 5:56 PM Post #3,886 of 9,829
So I got a reply regarding 3.5mm TRRS balanced termination and the only available 3.5mm TRRS balanced right now is Tinsel. Litz 3.5mm TRRS balanced will be ready in a month or so. I can't decided whether to wait or not haha. My IEMatch is coming this week.

Mar 21, 2017 at 6:16 PM Post #3,887 of 9,829
So I got a reply regarding 3.5mm TRRS balanced termination and the only available 3.5mm TRRS balanced right now is Tinsel. Litz 3.5mm TRRS balanced will be ready in a month or so. I can't decided whether to wait or not haha. My IEMatch is coming this week.
Which earphone do you have?

ALO Audio iem cable comparisons

http://www.head-fi.org/products/alo-audio-tinsel-litz-and-reference-8-cables/reviews/18241

Mar 21, 2017 at 11:53 PM Post #3,888 of 9,829
Which earphone do you have?

ALO Audio iem cable comparisons

http://www.head-fi.org/products/alo-audio-tinsel-litz-and-reference-8-cables/reviews/18241

CA Andromeda. Read your comparisons and I definitely can't afford the ref 8 cable right now. I have never tried balanced on my gov2+ before, so I have no idea how the sound compares with SE. Right now, the litz sounds perfect with my gov2+ SE although I would love to compare it with Tinsel myself. Ergonomically, I would definitely prefer the Litz cable for obvious reasons. The Tinsel cable looks beautiful too, but the thought of it have memory retention gives me nightmares.

Mar 23, 2017 at 3:57 AM Post #3,890 of 9,829
Has anyone tried the Fidue A83 MMCX balanced cable with the Andromeda? It's a cheap and sturdy balanced cable option, I'm thinking of getting it instead of waiting for a month for balanced stock Litz, also much cheaper than Litz.

Link for Penon Audio's listing on eBay.

Mar 23, 2017 at 8:53 AM Post #3,891 of 9,829
I got my B stock yesterday and it looks to be in good shape. There are minor imperfections I noticed but that's only up close. The ear piece size is on the larger side so hopefully I get used to that.

I'll be pairing mostly with an opus #1 and initial impressions are good. I do hear slight hiss but not too bad.

Mar 23, 2017 at 9:01 AM Post #3,892 of 9,829
I got my B stock yesterday and it looks to be in good shape. There are minor imperfections I noticed but that's only up close.

Good savings then.

The ear piece size is on the larger side so hopefully I get used to that.

It's not as bad as it looks. Amazingly I find that shape/material more comfy than the Shure 846, which appear a lot less sharp, much more rounded and soft.

I'll be pairing mostly with an opus #1 and initial impressions are good. I do hear slight hiss but not too bad.

That is unfortunately something that happens with many, many sources. Of the sources I tried, only the IFI BL and the SMSL stack have zero hiss.

Mar 23, 2017 at 9:27 AM Post #3,893 of 9,829
It might have been cell phone interference but not sure. I was on the subway and couldn't really move my phone in my pocket. I'll do more testing over the next few weeks.

Its funny how different it is for people. I found the se846 to be really comfortable and among the best universals in comfort.

Mar 23, 2017 at 9:41 AM Post #3,894 of 9,829
Its funny how different it is for people. I found the se846 to be really comfortable and among the best universals in comfort.

Indeed. Not sure about my case. I think it was related to the depth/angle of the nozzles, which made them stick out a bit. Also, the memory wire was such a hassle that by the time I got it right, my ears were tired of so much fiddling.

It might have been cell phone interference but not sure. I was on the subway and couldn't really move my phone in my pocket. I'll do more testing over the next few weeks.

Might have been circuit hiss. I notice some hiss with my S7 Edge but it's very faint, almost inaudible.I notice it when there is silence but the circuit is active, for instance when playing this silent flac.

Mar 29, 2017 at 12:38 AM Post #3,896 of 9,829
  @willowbrook i know your question was answered already, but the tinsel cable is among the worst i've used of any iem (ranging from $5 - $1k). It's tangly and reminiscent of hard plastic.  --- now, the new Litz cable .. that is no doubt one of the best.

Thanks. Decided not to order the Tinsel. I'm probably going to order the Litz when it comes out or the fidue a83 balanced cable that penon audio sells for a nice price.

Mar 29, 2017 at 8:17 PM Post #3,899 of 9,829

Users who are viewing this thread

Back