Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Mar 19, 2017 at 5:20 PM Post #3,874 of 9,829
Are there any cables out there that have a right angled 2.5mm balanced cable without the memory wire? Most cables have it as a straight plug option only so was wondering. The reference 8 cable would be a good option if not for the memory wire.

Mar 19, 2017 at 5:48 PM Post #3,875 of 9,829
Are there any cables out there that have a right angled 2.5mm balanced cable without the memory wire? Most cables have it as a straight plug option only so was wondering. The reference 8 cable would be a good option if not for the memory wire.

You can always take off the plastic sleeve and cut the metal wire to take off the memory wire part.

Mar 19, 2017 at 6:22 PM Post #3,876 of 9,829
I just noticed tinsel is the only option for 3.5mm TRRS bal. Does the tinsel cable show any signs of memory retention or tangleness compared to stock litz? Thinking about ordering it as I already ordered the IEMatch already.

Mar 19, 2017 at 9:33 PM Post #3,878 of 9,829
I just noticed tinsel is the only option for 3.5mm TRRS bal. Does the tinsel cable show any signs of memory retention or tangleness compared to stock litz? Thinking about ordering it as I already ordered the IEMatch already.
Is it balanced? It is TRRS. Maybe for a microphone attachment.
Tbh I dont know.

Best to email first.

Mar 19, 2017 at 11:18 PM Post #3,879 of 9,829
Definitely yes it does.

If you look at Andromeda reviews, invariably they praise the Litz cable compared to the Tinsel cable due to ergonomics.

Gah I read it somewhere, wasn't sure. Thanks for confirming.

Is it balanced? It is TRRS. Maybe for a microphone attachment.
Tbh I dont know.

Best to email first.

Looks like I'll have to email if they have 3.5mm bal litz. Thanks.

Mar 20, 2017 at 1:57 AM Post #3,880 of 9,829

Definitely yes it does.

If you look at Andromeda reviews, invariably they praise the Litz cable compared to the Tinsel cable due to ergonomics.

Agree about the ergonomics of the litz cable. In terms of ergonomics, best cable I've yet had a chance to use. Supple, flexible, and strong; the only thing I didn't like on it was the memory wire, which just about everything for over-ear has (and it annoys me).

Mar 20, 2017 at 2:16 AM Post #3,881 of 9,829
  Agree about the ergonomics of the litz cable. In terms of ergonomics, best cable I've yet had a chance to use. Supple, flexible, and strong; the only thing I didn't like on it was the memory wire, which just about everything for over-ear has (and it annoys me).

Mine came with unmatched length of the plastic sleeve over the memory wire. One side is a little shorter than the other lol

Mar 20, 2017 at 11:31 AM Post #3,882 of 9,829
  Mine came with unmatched length of the plastic sleeve over the memory wire. One side is a little shorter than the other lol

I can't be sure, but maybe mine might have been similar, though it didn't matter either way. Just having it on there annoyed me regardless of matching length or not lol. Every other part of the cable though was fantastic. If they had 2-pin available, I would consider it (consider rather than definite buy since it's still kinda pricey for a cable, at least to me)

Mar 21, 2017 at 12:30 AM Post #3,883 of 9,829
  I can't be sure, but maybe mine might have been similar, though it didn't matter either way. Just having it on there annoyed me regardless of matching length or not lol. Every other part of the cable though was fantastic. If they had 2-pin available, I would consider it (consider rather than definite buy since it's still kinda pricey for a cable, at least to me)

I think it really depends how big your ear is and how perfect the tips fit in your ear. If the fit is just slightly too big, memory wires are very helpful to keep the IEMs in place which is the case for me. You wouldn't really need it if the fit is already perfect and that happens when I use smaller tips (doesn't provide adequate seal though).

Mar 21, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #3,884 of 9,829
  I think it really depends how big your ear is and how perfect the tips fit in your ear. If the fit is just slightly too big, memory wires are very helpful to keep the IEMs in place which is the case for me. You wouldn't really need it if the fit is already perfect and that happens when I use smaller tips (doesn't provide adequate seal though).

It's just worked out well for me then
biggrin.gif
. I haven't had a single experience where I found memory wire beneficial; it's always been an annoyance. Even with the CA line which, aside from CIEMs, have probably been the largest shells I've put in my ears. I usually use small tips, sometimes mediums.

Mar 21, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #3,885 of 9,829
  It's just worked out well for me then
biggrin.gif
. I haven't had a single experience where I found memory wire beneficial; it's always been an annoyance. Even with the CA line which, aside from CIEMs, have probably been the largest shells I've put in my ears. I usually use small tips, sometimes mediums.

The CA wire isn't too bad. I find it somewhat useful if moving around, but it could be a bit softer.
The one on the Shure SE846 however, that one is maddening. I can't see that thing being useful to anyone unless you're a stage performer jumping around or perhaps someone working out and moving a lot while listening (with a poor fit).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back