Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
Nov 2, 2013 at 9:25 PM Post #10,473 of 19,143
Stereo Workshop in Eugene has a couple 2270 for sale when I was in there a week ago. I believe his price is about $400. 

Yes I know he has two both with the wood cases. One is $400 and the slightly cleaner face one is $500. I offered $300 on the $400 a long time ago.

I won't go to that guy ever again not because of not taking my offer (lol) but he didn't know how to re-string my HK 670 and it was there about a month I came to pick it up he was reluctant to give it back because he wanted to charge me $250 PLUS he has a rediculous $45 fee and he didn't give that back for doing nothing.

Took it to Doug at Audio Specialties no BS fees and it cost $86 PLUS he re-capped the phono board and I didn't even know it needed it! I will be doing all my business with Doug until I learn to do it myself. I'm also going to take electronics courses at the CC hopefully.

Nov 2, 2013 at 9:27 PM Post #10,474 of 19,143
For polishing the face on vintage steel, I've had good luck with Magic Erasure by Mr Clean. I just pull of all the knobs and switches, wet the erasure and start polishing till it's like new again.  

Nov 2, 2013 at 9:30 PM Post #10,475 of 19,143
  For polishing the face on vintage steel, I've had good luck with Magic Erasure by Mr Clean. I just pull of all the knobs and switches, wet the erasure and start polishing till it's like new again.  

+1 I've also had great success with Brasso

Nov 2, 2013 at 9:44 PM Post #10,476 of 19,143

Nighttime vintage sexyness

Nov 2, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #10,477 of 19,143

:) I do the same thing except I use a wax and a microfiber cloth. The wax makes it so that finger prints aren't as much of an issue.

Nov 2, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #10,479 of 19,143
I think vintage gear lit up at night is even sexier than tubes.

Nov 2, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #10,480 of 19,143

Nighttime vintage sexyness

Sexy indeed. While mine doesn't glow like that, here's my integrated sexiness, along with the HE-6 and speakers I'm enjoying at the moment :) I also have a little buddy who enjoys sharing the listening chair with me lol. Sorry for the shoddy pics, from the phone.

Nov 2, 2013 at 11:28 PM Post #10,481 of 19,143
My TA2A doesn't seem to have consistent signal, even after deoxit in the jack. Is there something likely worn down the line? It is getting pretty old. 
frown.gif

Nov 3, 2013 at 12:20 AM Post #10,483 of 19,143
  My TA2A doesn't seem to have consistent signal, even after deoxit in the jack. Is there something likely worn down the line? It is getting pretty old. 
frown.gif

Did you only deoxit phone jack? You have to clean the volume, balance, tremble, bass control pots. Especially volume pot, Nak used low quality part here and it needs consistent clean. My SR-2a requires me to do this consistently. Hope this help.

Nov 3, 2013 at 12:59 AM Post #10,484 of 19,143

Unfortunately I've discovered that its not in the best of shape... A lot of the screws were stripped, it appears that something spilled on it and rusted the transformer and something else, the rear input jacks took about an HOUR to scrub clean and those pre input jack jumpers? Took about another jour to clean IVE DISCOVERED that the face was jury rigged on with wire (somehow the screw things where you screw the face on to are all gone but three. Does anyone know what those are called so I can get the face back on and what type of screws I need also?) It also appears that this thing fell because the whole front chassis is bent and who ever tried to fix it was STUPID. It sounds wonderful but this has proven to be a b**** to clean up and try and repair.

I've got the input jacks all cleaned up and so much grime gone but I don't know what to do about the face.

I'll pose some more pics what I need help with

Users who are viewing this thread

Back