Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
Aug 31, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #9,556 of 19,143
The setup I am using right now sounds end game to me. It is the best thing that I have ever heard, and I've been into audio all my life(I'm only 28 though). I have a feeling that eventually I'll have to buy an HD800 though. I like this Q701 a lot and it seems like the only other open can that sounds similar, but better is going to be the HD800. Right now though, I am really enjoying what I have. The ODAC is great, the SX-750 is powerful and sounds great, and the Q701 is doing mostly what I want it to. It's sounding better than I thought the Q701 was possible of sounding.

Aug 31, 2013 at 11:40 AM Post #9,557 of 19,143
The setup I am using right now sounds end game to me. It is the best thing that I have ever heard...I am really enjoying what I have.

This exact situation has led many men to the altar of marriage, a sensation of utter satisfaction.
A much more enviable state of consciousness than equipment lust could ever provide.

A music lover's romance.

Aug 31, 2013 at 12:54 PM Post #9,559 of 19,143
^^ yup, thats why I always have ugly men in my avatar. Keeping it real 
size]

Aug 31, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #9,561 of 19,143
Quote:
Quote:
frown.gif
 Addiction isn't pretty.

Funny you mention that, as i just started watching "The Wire" for the first time and i have it on right now.

Funny you mention that as my wife and I are halfway through Season One of the "The Wire" (for the first time).

The producers/writers and many of the actors go on to do a still-continuing HBO show called "Treme", which is different from "The Wire" in being the most music-centric TV show ever.   The actor who plays McNulty's partner Bunk in "The Wire" plays a New Orleans trombone player.  Many famous New Orleans musicians play themselves (and play their instruments).

It is basically about the music scene, the restaurant scene and the homicide police scene in New Orleans (so the latter carries over from "The Wire").  Famous TV restaurant scene writer and chef Anthony Bourdain writes all the restaurant scenes (and btw, his travel show on CNN resumes in two weeks).

Aug 31, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #9,563 of 19,143
What speaker is that in picture?

Ahh, my man Meewoo, white shag carpet in a paneled rec room, sizzling company and you're straining for the make of loudspeaker? :rolleyes:

I know the underwear brand , if that matters...lahwf !

I've been fortunate to have beautiful women in/out of my life.
Dreaming via an avatar doesn't make it real, a silhouette and memories of the person does (not in Bangkok either).
A figure so unlike a speaker box, my girl.
God Bless you Meewoo, you are one dedicated audiophile, Cheers!

Aug 31, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #9,564 of 19,143
Congrats.  Which speakers will you pair it with?  Probably my biggest regret was selling a AU-717 + TU-717 + Pioneer HPM-100 as a complete set.  All items were mint.  But then again it was way too much for an apartment set up with neighbors below 
wink.gif

Quote:
This amp is a game changer...I'm so impressed!

Aug 31, 2013 at 2:22 PM Post #9,565 of 19,143
Quote:
Congrats.  Which speakers will you pair it with?  Probably my biggest regret was selling a AU-717 + TU-717 + Pioneer HPM-100 as a complete set.  All items were mint.  But then again it was way too much for an apartment set up with neighbors below 
wink.gif

As of now I'm so in love with the headphone out on this that I haven't considered which speakers to use. This makes my Sennheiser HD-650's sound so very very good!

Aug 31, 2013 at 2:46 PM Post #9,566 of 19,143
As of now I'm so in love with the headphone out on this that I haven't considered which speakers to use. This makes my Sennheiser HD-650's sound so very very good!

I get it. I have two of my set ups without any speakers.

That Sansui is gorgeous........congrats.

Aug 31, 2013 at 2:47 PM Post #9,567 of 19,143
Hahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

What speaker is that in picture?

And I quoted some thing from AK's recent hot thread.

There's a speaker in that picture? :D

Aug 31, 2013 at 3:05 PM Post #9,568 of 19,143
Ooh I do love Sansui's! Congrats steppenout 
size]

Aug 31, 2013 at 4:42 PM Post #9,570 of 19,143
Quote:
Funny you mention that as my wife and I are halfway through Season One of the "The Wire" (for the first time).

The producers/writers and many of the actors go on to do a still-continuing HBO show called "Treme", which is different from "The Wire" in being the most music-centric TV show ever.   The actor who plays McNulty's partner Bunk in "The Wire" plays a New Orleans trombone player.  Many famous New Orleans musicians play themselves (and play their instruments).

It is basically about the music scene, the restaurant scene and the homicide police scene in New Orleans (so the latter carries over from "The Wire").  Famous TV restaurant scene writer and chef Anthony Bourdain writes all the restaurant scenes (and btw, his travel show on CNN resumes in two weeks).

I know that show and the band is called the rebirth brass band.  They have been around a long time.  I saw them for the first time May 2012 in a relatively small venue called The Middle East in Cambridge, MA.

It was the most fun show I've been to in years.

now back to your regularly scheduled broadcasting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back