Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
Oct 25, 2014 at 9:47 PM Post #13,606 of 19,136
I've been having some trouble with my NAD304 lately, the channels will independently drop out on occasion and come back in when I turn up the volume or turn the amp off for about a minute but it keeps coming back. Is there anything I can do to save it short of bringing it to someone to get serviced? I really love the amp but it's gotten quite frustrating. I should also mention that I don't experience this through the headphone output that I've noticed, though I've used it minimally. 

EDIT: I should also mention that I have not replaced the original jumpers between power and pre and it is the blue circuit board version. 

Oct 26, 2014 at 6:26 AM Post #13,608 of 19,136
I live alone and have no plans ever to get married so I guess I'm lucky in this hobby lmao

The 2250B in the bunch I got yesterday is the worst off of them. I found the balance switch is broken too so its stuck all the way to the left. I got them all for $200 three of them I can fully repair except the 2250B will have to wait for another time.

The 2220 I spent around 2 and a half hours cleaning last night. This poor receiver was obviously sitting on it's top outside for a long time because there was so much old plant matter, dead insects and spiderwebs on the inside underneath. But after cleaning I've gotten the right channel back but the left channel is half volume at all times. Amazingly everything appears to be in good condition even though it's obviously sat out in the elements for a long time.

I didn't have any marriage plans either...at age 23 which your profile says is your age 
atsmile.gif
 but stuff happens,  resistance vaporised and I went for marriage while a good prenuptial agreement was still negotiable. Better take a good, long look at those receivers when the lady of the house checks in.  My lovely wife lets me purchase anything...provided the total number of pieces of audio kit = constant and I also sell off stuff.

Oct 26, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #13,609 of 19,136
Moody great job on that nice 'Sui!!!

My wife is very good about my hobby, clearly, since I have three pretty significant stereos in the house! But I also really dislike clutter, so for me things have to be neat and tidy, and I'm sure that's part of why my wife doesn't mind. It does mean I have sold some things I kind of wish I still had...but all in all I can't complain :D

Oct 27, 2014 at 1:55 PM Post #13,614 of 19,136
I ended up spending around 58.00 total on caps, with a big chunk of that being main filter caps. It took a couple of days to do everything. I probably could have gotten it done in one day. But once I start to get a little fatigue, I always stop. Working on this stuff while fatigue can surely lead to make simple but costly mistakes. But it was fun overall. I was able to take a listen after completing each phase in the restore progress. I can't wait to hear how a restored au9500 sounds!!

Oct 27, 2014 at 7:38 PM Post #13,615 of 19,136
Picked up a Pioneer SX-1050 for $200 at a pawn shop. Only thing wrong with it is the antenna is broke (hanging) off and its missing every (little) knob.

I'm surprised it was still there after I first saw it three days ago. SX-1050 for a down to earth price not this NONSENSE $500-$1,000 crap i always see them for.

They also had a Pioneer minty looking Spec-1 amp set.

Oct 27, 2014 at 10:01 PM Post #13,616 of 19,136
Picked up a Pioneer SX-1050 for $200 at a pawn shop. Only thing wrong with it is the antenna is broke (hanging) off and its missing every (little) knob.

I'm surprised it was still there after I first saw it three days ago. SX-1050 for a down to earth price not this NONSENSE $500-$1,000 crap i always see them for.

They also had a Pioneer minty looking Spec-1 amp set.

Pics my man...........look like this?

Love my 1050. Congrats.

Now, about that Spec gear..........what was his price? Racked or just loose?

Oct 27, 2014 at 10:25 PM Post #13,617 of 19,136
I'll take some pics tomorrow yep I'm just missing the little knobs... I've cleaned this thing up in a motel room lmao!

They had the spec-1 amp and the meter one you have. They had handles but were loose and wanted $499 each for the specs. I've been to this pawn shop before and from a crappy R2R one time, they've never had anything like these before.

This 1050 has been a joy to clean actually. The boards are easy to get out!

Oct 28, 2014 at 9:27 AM Post #13,619 of 19,136
Indeed, and the 1050 is a serious receiver. Second from the top. That's an amazing price these days for one that works. Good on ya!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back