Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
Dec 13, 2013 at 3:25 PM Post #11,058 of 19,142
I hate to say this, but I've traded my SX780 for an AMC 1100 preamp. I should've bought a restored unit instead of the problem-prone one I had, and I ended up putting more money into it than it was really worth before giving up. It sounded great, but it spent more time at Dr. Music or M&S Music than it did in my house.

'Till next time, guys.

Dec 13, 2013 at 7:42 PM Post #11,059 of 19,142
Well, the g901 is gone 
frown.gif
. No surprise it sold pretty fast(less than a day). I did score a sweet c39 with a broken glass for a really great price though. The glass is around 200.00 and will hopefully be here around the same time as the c39. The big g will be missed, but the mc2205 just totally outclassed it, and overall is really close to the 500c. It might just surpass it with the c39. I've always wanted vintage separates. I'm just thrilled my first vintage separate setup turned out to be  a mac.   

I'm now in the early planning stages to replace all of the lamps with leds. Blue leds on the meters should look stunning. I'm putting green leds everywhere else including the preamp.

Dec 13, 2013 at 8:08 PM Post #11,060 of 19,142
Sorry OP but this is the Integrated/Receivers thread.
We're going to have to ask you to start a new thread for vintage separates!

I guess they don't 'moderate' the vintage thread!
Congrats on the Mc's!
beerchug.gif

Dec 13, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #11,061 of 19,142

The better way is to get a cheap DAC (like a FiiO E-10), take USB out from your computer into the DAC, then out the DAC to the Realistic amp.  That is EXACTLY what I have at work and it sounds phenomenal.   Cost you about $40 or so used to get this accomplished.  Let me know if you have any questions. 

I was able to get my receiver to work with the headphones, I was wondering what volume should I set my laptop volume at to get the clearest sound? I have it set to around 75% and around 50% in my iTunes while I have my receiver volume set @ 20%. Meaning should I set my laptop volume @ the loudest volume and have the receiver volume to the preferred listening volume or it doesn't really matter what volume both are set to?

Also would it be okay if I hook up my iPod/iPad to the receiver?

Dec 13, 2013 at 9:13 PM Post #11,062 of 19,142
  Sorry OP but this is the Integrated/Receivers thread.
We're going to have to ask you to start a new thread for vintage separates!

I guess they don't 'moderate' the vintage thread!
Congrats on the Mc's!
beerchug.gif

Lol, yep you're right! Thanks for calling me one it. Or I can edit the tittle "Calling all Vintage/Receiver/Separates Owner" 
biggrin.gif

Nice amp btw.

Dec 13, 2013 at 9:21 PM Post #11,063 of 19,142
  Lol, yep you're right! Thanks for calling me one it. Or I can edit the tittle "Calling all Vintage/Receiver/Separates Owner" 
biggrin.gif

Nice amp btw.

Thanks, I've owned the VTL Stereo 50 and Maximal Pre-amp since 1990.
I decided to break them out this winter after a long rest.
The 5881 output tubes give a nice, comforting blue glow as they mature...

Dec 13, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #11,064 of 19,142
  Well, the g901 is gone 
frown.gif
. No surprise it sold pretty fast(less than a day). I did score a sweet c39 with a broken glass for a really great price though. The glass is around 200.00 and will hopefully be here around the same time as the c39. The big g will be missed, but the mc2205 just totally outclassed it, and overall is really close to the 500c. It might just surpass it with the c39. I've always wanted vintage separates. I'm just thrilled my first vintage separate setup turned out to be  a mac.   

I'm now in the early planning stages to replace all of the lamps with leds. Blue leds on the meters should look stunning. I'm putting green leds everywhere else including the preamp.

Though, I liked the big G's aesthetic, you made the right move. Often when I think of your "3 Amp partner-imposed rule" I think of Southern delights! You feelin' all comfy with the likes of Sweet Potato Pie, Peach Cobblah & Pecan Pie. And the following month trip over a New Orleans style ol' fashioned Bread Pudding w/Bourbon sauce, a Bananas Foster or a Southern Six-layered Coconut cake...
eek.gif
 uh-oh!!!

So, what do you taste and what do you keep 
confused.gif

evil_smiley.gif

rolleyes.gif

biggrin.gif

Dec 13, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #11,066 of 19,142

Though, I liked the big G's aesthetic, you made the right move. Often when I think of your "3 Amp partner-imposed rule" I think of Southern delights! You feelin' all comfy with the likes of Sweet Potato Pie, Peach Cobblah & Pecan Pie. And the following month trip over a New Orleans style ol' fashioned Bread Pudding w/Bourbon sauce, a Bananas Foster or a Southern Six-layered Coconut cake...
eek.gif
 uh-oh!!!

So, what do you taste and what do you keep 
confused.gif

evil_smiley.gif

rolleyes.gif

biggrin.gif

Uh oh, don't get me started on that lovely southern cuisine 
biggrin.gif
 Crawfish boils, etouffe, gumbo and jumbalaya are a must too...

Dec 13, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #11,067 of 19,142

Uh oh, don't get me started on that lovely southern cuisine 
biggrin.gif
 Crawfish boils, etouffe, gumbo and jumbalaya are a must too...

SO hails from a NOLA family; may be in denial
rolleyes.gif
about food addictions. Just think if his partner happened by and read this page, she'd give him a real good teasin'! 
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 13, 2013 at 10:37 PM Post #11,068 of 19,142

SO hails from a NOLA family; may be in denial
rolleyes.gif
about food addictions. Just think if his partner happened by and read this page, she'd give him a real good teasin'! 
tongue_smile.gif

I have room for you at my table 
biggrin.gif

Dec 13, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #11,069 of 19,142
One thing I will say about what we folks here in the deep south call nawlins. The food will get you in as much trouble as the festivities in the quarter can. My wife and I have taken trips there just to eat. But the heart burn will eat you alive, along with the blood pressure skyrocketing. But man it's sure good going down.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back