Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners
Apr 25, 2020 at 8:20 PM Post #18,587 of 19,143
So my McIntosh 4100 arrived two days ago. Externally it looks like it just came off of the assembly line yesterday. Unfortunately the internals were damaged in transit,so its on its way back to the seller who agreed to pay for the return shipping. He is going to repair the damage and attempt to send it back once its complete.

Ive waited 35 years for one. I guess another week or two wont kill me,but....Grrrrrrrr!

Do show when you get it back. :)

Apr 25, 2020 at 8:25 PM Post #18,588 of 19,143
Here is my old Sony STR 6055. I think this is an underrated receiver, sounds great to my ears. I need to find the wood enclosure. 40 wpc, nice tuner, came out in 1971, the same year I was born: ) -

Sony STR 6055 specs
36781457426_a10e2a92fb_k.jpg

Very nice. My Sony str-7035 is somewhere around the house. Have to dig it up for a listen again.

Apr 26, 2020 at 4:12 AM Post #18,589 of 19,143
This has been a nightmare. UPS lost it on its way back to me. Then they said they found it Illinois,but it was being held indefinitely cuz of virus. they then returned it to seller. :confounded:

Its now on its way back to me again. Due wednesday,but not holding my breath.

Apr 26, 2020 at 4:23 AM Post #18,590 of 19,143
This has been a nightmare. UPS lost it on its way back to me. Then they said they found it Illinois,but it was being held indefinitely cuz of virus. they then returned it to seller. :confounded:

Its now on its way back to me again. Due wednesday,but not holding my breath.

Hahaha I feel the pain. My tubes to India hasn't arrived after 2 months.

Apr 27, 2020 at 5:11 AM Post #18,592 of 19,143
Sansui isolation chilling. :)

IMG_0472.jpg

Apr 29, 2020 at 12:33 PM Post #18,593 of 19,143
Just replaced all the very old 12AX7 tubes in my Fisher 400 with Sovtek 12AX7LPS versions and got a huge boost in SQ!

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2020 at 2:12 PM Post #18,594 of 19,143
Not exactly real vintage - but is a Nelson Pass design from 10 or so years ago. Just got the DIY F6 up and running! Bias set to 500mv per spec.

Beast.jpg

May 1, 2020 at 4:38 PM Post #18,595 of 19,143
^^ Yikes! I sure hope things turn out well after the completion of the "scenic tour".
Finally arrived,and in one beautiful sounding and looking piece. Glorious bass,and not as warm as a Sansui. Couldnt be happier! :) Oh,and it has an adjustable loudness function. Ive never seen that on any other receiver.

0501201632.jpg

May 2, 2020 at 3:09 AM Post #18,599 of 19,143
Hi guys, it's been quite a while since I last posted, but I have some new acquisitions that I'm pretty happy about!
I put the minimum bid on a sony str-6200f that looked nice in the wood case and original box and ended up getting it. Oops haha. The wife was fairly understanding all things considered. I made the necessary changes to allow it to run on 220V without smoking itself (jumper movement and choke replacement). The only problem is that I now have five of these units (6120 / 6200), so if anyone wants one send me a message hahahahah. 4 of them are located in Italy with me, the last one is in storage in Florida. Conditions range from parts only to fully restored.
Also, I got a mcintosh SCR-7 remote control unit. It's a vintage high-quality bolt-on style remote control. This allows me to control the volume (and, I think, inputs!!! AHHHHHH!!!!) of any stereo that has separate amp and preamp sections, or any stereo with a tape loop. It should arrive Monday and I'm really excited to install it on the Big-G.
Anyways, here's a photo of my cat not respecting social distancing with my turntable.
cat on a sansui.jpg

May 8, 2020 at 9:49 AM Post #18,600 of 19,143
Hi guys, it's been quite a while since I last posted, but I have some new acquisitions that I'm pretty happy about!
I put the minimum bid on a sony str-6200f that looked nice in the wood case and original box and ended up getting it. Oops haha. The wife was fairly understanding all things considered. I made the necessary changes to allow it to run on 220V without smoking itself (jumper movement and choke replacement). The only problem is that I now have five of these units (6120 / 6200), so if anyone wants one send me a message hahahahah. 4 of them are located in Italy with me, the last one is in storage in Florida. Conditions range from parts only to fully restored.
Also, I got a mcintosh SCR-7 remote control unit. It's a vintage high-quality bolt-on style remote control. This allows me to control the volume (and, I think, inputs!!! AHHHHHH!!!!) of any stereo that has separate amp and preamp sections, or any stereo with a tape loop. It should arrive Monday and I'm really excited to install it on the Big-G.
Anyways, here's a photo of my cat not respecting social distancing with my turntable.
cat on a sansui.jpg
The remote came in today and I'm really happy! I've set it to control the TV audio volume and CD player audio volume, as well as the power for the receiver and all auxiliaries. My favorite part is that the meters still dance, no matter the input. Overall I'm very happy with the purchase. I think it was made in the late 80's. Great amount of weight, and it works with prettymuch any receiver.
IMG_6875.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back