Buying my first audiophile phones
Jun 2, 2010 at 1:24 PM Post #16 of 26
The 650 has an issue with deepness and veiled sound.  It's a different experience.  People say its great for rock but again I keep going back to the 600s and 485s.

I think if you can afford the hd650, you can do better in something like the Grado RS series or the ATH-ESW10. All are like 400-500$ or something like that. I think the 650 is geared more towards a great jazz and classical experience due to the deep and rich factor.  I think the RS series in grado are made and tailored for great rock experiences, as well as the Esw10 from Audio technica.  

the 485 is the best budget rocker can i can think of and that ive used, next would be the HD600.  After that it just gets really REALLY expensive in the Grado RS series and the ATH esw10.

Jun 2, 2010 at 8:44 PM Post #18 of 26
Wow, you're really going for gold here. Most new head-fi'ers don't go straight for the cans you're suggesting lol. HD650 as your first pair? Holy lord! I wish I could have afforded some 650's when I started. I got stuck buying AD700s, DJ1 Pros and DT770/80

Jun 3, 2010 at 12:28 AM Post #19 of 26

Quote:

Maybe Alessandro MS Pro? it's definitely give amazing midrange, smooth, detail + fun sounding. 

But I think DT770/80 still has more bass than MS Pro...

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes this

Jun 3, 2010 at 1:01 AM Post #21 of 26
I know a few people who bought the Pros for their first headphones :p

Jun 3, 2010 at 6:09 PM Post #23 of 26
I just put in a bid for a pair of HD600 and i decided to upgrade my cd player before buying something as expensive as the Alessandro MS Pro. Tho it is tempting :)

Jun 3, 2010 at 8:26 PM Post #25 of 26
Where I live, this is a regular occurrence. Only difference is, three months later they've either totaled the car or died totaling the car.

Apr 11, 2011 at 3:19 PM Post #26 of 26
Hi again.

I have used the Sennheiser HD600 and Little Dot Mk III for a while now. But the sound was not right for me. It did not give me the punch and drive that i was looking for. I listen to a lot of rock and jazz/fusion and i need and want the music to make me stomp my foot :) So i have been doing a bit of reading around the web, and i think as Sinty stated above that Grado or the Alessandro phones would be great for my taste. I have sold of the Little Dot and Sennheisers to free up some cash. But what model would give me the most for my money? Would bying a lower level grado like the SR225i/125i and adding some J$ woodies give me sound at the level of Allesandro MS2/Grado RS2i? Or would it be best just to go for a Grado RS2i or Allesandro MS2? The only reason why i am asking is that the Allesandro MS2/325i was a bit uncomfortable on my head and the MS2 is a bit pricy.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back