Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D
Nov 5, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #1,201 of 1,995
My usb module was packaged the same way as other guys here but it got here ok but they were more problems to come installing driver, compatiblity issues also  popping issues never had to take an attenuator apart in an amp ever and i did it twice and it didnt solve the problem always comes back  and this amp is only 6 months old of course they are not going to change it they say its normal .Anyways i got fedup i sent my amp to PARTS CONNEXION today to have a khozmo 50k 48 step attenuator installed .Thats that .

Nov 5, 2013 at 5:47 PM Post #1,202 of 1,995

I have to say I'm really not impressed with Burson customer service. Nearly 2 weeks after contacting Burson regarding the above, and I still have not received a replacement. Why they did not expedite me a replacement is beyond me. 

I don't think I will ever purchase another Burson product again based on this. 

Sorry to hear that you have not received the replacement yet. I have to say Burson customer service is sucks!
I have look closer to your damage usb module and is looks not to bad, I mean there is no damage to the printed circuit board, did you thought of repairing this? Only what you need is solder, tin, braid and new capacitor Burson used Elna 10uf/10V but can be any electrolytic capacitor between 10 - 47uf /10V or more and these bent pins can be easily straighten with pliers all cost of repair if you have own tolls is .50 to 1$. Truly speaking the function of the "broken"10uf capacitor is smoothing the voltage supplied to the EEPROM, I am almost sure that it will work even without this capacitor you could use it until you get the new one, hope soon
wink.gif

Nov 5, 2013 at 7:08 PM Post #1,203 of 1,995
I"ve had good experiences with Burson service, packaging on their finished products (and even their opamps) is top class. They probably made a mistake on the packaging of the USB modules but i think it's not fair to judge an entire company by one case like this. 

Why not email them and give them our feedback, instead posting here? some BIG electronics companies don't even care about their customers 1 - you get an auto reply from a machine  2 - you never get a reply. 

I know it can be frustrating receiving a damaged item, but let's give them a chance to make things the right way and enjoy our wonderful piece of gear. 
smile.gif

Nov 5, 2013 at 7:17 PM Post #1,204 of 1,995
  Sorry to hear that you have not received the replacement yet. I have to say Burson customer service is sucks!
I have look closer to your damage usb module and is looks not to bad, I mean there is no damage to the printed circuit board, did you thought of repairing this? Only what you need is solder, tin, braid and new capacitor Burson used Elna 10uf/10V but can be any electrolytic capacitor between 10 - 47uf /10V or more and these bent pins can be easily straighten with pliers all cost of repair if you have own tolls is .50 to 1$. Truly speaking the function of the "broken"10uf capacitor is smoothing the voltage supplied to the EEPROM, I am almost sure that it will work even without this capacitor you could use it until you get the new one, hope soon
wink.gif

No, there were other loose pieces as well including a tiny microchip stuck to the tape.  I'll just wait for my replacement...

Nov 5, 2013 at 7:49 PM Post #1,205 of 1,995
  My usb module was packaged the same way as other guys here but it got here ok but they were more problems to come installing driver, compatiblity issues also  popping issues never had to take an attenuator apart in an amp ever and i did it twice and it didnt solve the problem always comes back  and this amp is only 6 months old of course they are not going to change it they say its normal .Anyways i got fedup i sent my amp to PARTS CONNEXION today to have a khozmo 50k 48 step attenuator installed .Thats that .

I think you will really like the Khozmo. Let us know what you think when you get it back.

Nov 5, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #1,206 of 1,995

I love being on Mac OSX. No driver needed, true plug 'n play. 

Nov 5, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #1,207 of 1,995

No, there were other loose pieces as well including a tiny microchip stuck to the tape.  I'll just wait for my replacement...

Now I see it, missing SMD transistor the soldering pads on pcb looks still fine and if the pins of transistor are not broken It can be soldered back. Just in case is good to have spare one. 

Nov 5, 2013 at 8:39 PM Post #1,208 of 1,995
  I love being on Mac OSX. No driver needed, true plug 'n play. 

Something to think about ,this is next inline new pc what would be best platform for pc audio this one is running out of room Flac takes lots of space (570GB) plus its 7 years old thats an eternity. 

Nov 5, 2013 at 8:44 PM Post #1,209 of 1,995
Here's a question - how do I remove the old tenor usb driver in Mac OSX? With the new USB module, that will no longer be needed. 

Nov 5, 2013 at 11:15 PM Post #1,211 of 1,995
What happened to no drivers needed, true plug n play?

Sorry, had to take a shot at the Mac OSX
tongue.gif

The old Tenor USB module did need a driver. 

The new one does not on OSX. 

Windows on the other hand needs a driver on both, and as you have read above, it can be a real problem getting it to work well in Windows. 

Nov 6, 2013 at 12:04 AM Post #1,212 of 1,995
This is not the case on Windows 7 or 8 as the CMedia complies to USB Audio specifications.

Vista and XP are another story as MIKELAP posted.
:beerchug:

Nov 6, 2013 at 2:58 AM Post #1,213 of 1,995
  Here's a question - how do I remove the old tenor usb driver in Mac OSX? With the new USB module, that will no longer be needed. 

post #372
http://www.head-fi.org/t/627954/burson-conductor-dac-amp-successor-to-the-ha-160d/360#post_9436697

Users who are viewing this thread

Back