Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D
Oct 28, 2013 at 8:19 PM Post #1,171 of 1,995
For break-in I prefer to use Classical music that has a lot of dynamic swings. You could do this at night while you slept and check out the results the next day. Personally, I think it's good to cut the unit off until cooled and then back on again. Let those molecules contract and then expand (Did I really just say that?). I do know with breaking in power cables many people recommend using a refrigerator or something that cycles a lot. It does not hurt to leave the Conductor on for extended periods of time.

Oct 29, 2013 at 2:18 PM Post #1,172 of 1,995
Received new usb module for Conductor .Anybody having trouble installing driver in windows cant install mine tried several times it says driver not installed correctly.First what i did was uninstall old driver is that it ?Any ideas. Thanks

Oct 29, 2013 at 7:28 PM Post #1,173 of 1,995
  Received new usb module for Conductor .Anybody having trouble installing driver in windows cant install mine tried several times it says driver not installed correctly.First what i did was uninstall old driver is that it ?Any ideas. Thanks

I just installed the windows driver(downloaded from Burson website) to check with my old Toshiba laptop and no problem at all.
some tips maybe it gonna help....download the Burson_CM6631A USB.rar and extract to the folder, double click on CM6631_6631A_-1.03(CR) then highlight (one left click) on setup Application (.exe) then one right click and run as a administrator and click YES, after a while instaler will ask you to connect the usb from your DAC (dac have to be switched on and usb mode selected) to the computer( if not gonna work connect to the next usb port) , then should start install drivers automatically, after a while installer will ask you to reboot the computer.

foobar2000 recognized the driver as ASIO for C-Media USB device

Oct 29, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #1,174 of 1,995
  I just installed the windows driver(downloaded from Burson website) to check with my old Toshiba laptop and no problem at all.
some tips maybe it gonna help....download the Burson_CM6631A USB.rar and extract to the folder, double click on CM6631_6631A_-1.03(CR) then highlight (one left click) on setup Application (.exe) then one right click and run as a administrator and click YES, after a while instaler will ask you to connect the usb from your DAC (dac have to be switched on and usb mode selected) to the computer( if not gonna work connect to the next usb port) , then should start install drivers automatically, after a while installer will ask you to reboot the computer.

foobar2000 recognized the driver as ASIO for C-Media USB device

You saId extract to the folder thats the Burson folder i removed the tenor burson file so theres no Burson file anymore would i have to reinstall the tenor file and after setup cmedia in that file ? Thanks for your help.

Oct 29, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #1,175 of 1,995
Hey guys!

Just passed this onto MIKELAP so I figure I'd share it here as well.

When I installed the Condutor SL9018 with the CMedia USB, Windows 7 set it up as a "Speaker" (It did the same under OS X 10.8.5 as well).
Really... Who wants to look at a generic Speaker icon for their Conductor, so I made up an icon for it for anyone that wishes to use it.

Mine looks like this under playback devices in Windows 7 now:

Here is the icon file on my dropbox.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29361323/Burson_Conductor_SL.ico

Save that some place it won't move, because if you move the ico file after you select it in the properties page, the burson will revert back to the default icon.

Right click your speaker icon in the system tray, select Playback Devices and click Properties with the Burson selected.
Rename it to whatever you like, then hit the Change Icon Button, click browse and navigate to where you saved the ico file and double click it.

I just find it looks much better than the default one. If anyone want's that E17/E09K combo icon as well it is here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29361323/E17-E09K.ico

beerchug.gif

Oct 30, 2013 at 5:02 AM Post #1,178 of 1,995
  You saId extract to the folder thats the Burson folder i removed the tenor burson file so theres no Burson file anymore would i have to reinstall the tenor file and after setup cmedia in that file ? Thanks for your help.

You uninstal the old Tenor drivers that is fine u don't need them and don't need the old Burson folder it doesn't matter. I mean, any folder even on desktop, the reason why is to run the installer extracted in folder and not from (rar.) itself it could cause some malfunction like "driver not installed correctly" just in case.
Ok, right click on setup icon then Run as a administrator and follow the procedures on screen, u will ask to hock- up the usb cable to one of usb ports then should start install drivers automatically somewhere in system files at the end of installation u will ask to reboot the computer.

Check your control panel > hardware and sound, should get similar to TrollDragon screen shot.
 I don't know what program do you use to play the music, my guess is that you care about bit perfect I just stick with Foobar2000 with previously installed plug-ins ASIO,WASAPI and SACD.ISO from what I read  Cmedia6631A supports ASIO codeck I'm not shure about the WASAPI,in preferences mode go to DEVICES then select from the list "ASIO for C-Media USB device" That's it.

Oct 30, 2013 at 7:27 AM Post #1,179 of 1,995
I think MIKELAP has Windows XP WALL-E but I can't be 100% sure.
No it's Vista and I'll help him sort it out tonight. :)

Oct 30, 2013 at 1:51 PM Post #1,182 of 1,995
Oct 30, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #1,183 of 1,995

Its been a long 2 days trying to make the CM6631A driver work I could unzip file but i would go to (setup ) click as administrator and nothing ever happened so i went to microsoft help section .                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   So heres the procedure i had to do 1- On setup icon you right click it opens a window go to PROPERTY at bottom left click go to COMPATIBILITY click on that after youll see a box over it says COMPATIBILITY MODE check box in it it says WINDOWS XP SERVICE PACK2 when that is highlighted press ok at bottom. After you go back to the SETUP ICON right click and left click as ADMINISTRATOR and this way you can download driver on your pc i run VISTA by the way and once its installed go to sound device youll see your driver go to PROPERTY and click on ADVANCE STATISTICS check the bitrate if you only have 16/44.100 and 16/192000 you need to update driver once you do that everything will be fine .to update driver right click where sound device is after go to PROPERTY where you see USB 2.0 HIGH SPEED TRUE HD AUDIO next to that theres PROPERTY click on that and go to driver click and go to UPDATE DRIVER and wait for Windows to load it thats it .                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        
My player is MUSICBEE unfortunately i cant use ASIO anymore it doesnt work now i use WASAPI and everything works fine at the bitrate i want . So there you go . What a pain that was .                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          UPDATE: I just noticed something with the bitrates in DEVICE  88.2k and 172.4k are not there hmm. Hows that .Do you guys have those bitrates. Thanks.

Oct 30, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #1,184 of 1,995
First impressions with new CM6631A usb module sounds like soundstage is more define better separation imo. 

Oct 31, 2013 at 12:28 AM Post #1,185 of 1,995
UPDATE: I just noticed something with the bitrates in DEVICE  88.2k and 172.4k are not there hmm. Hows that .Do you guys have those bitrates. Thanks.

I only have those in 16 bit not 24 bit.

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back