Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D
Oct 23, 2013 at 8:54 PM Post #1,156 of 1,995
Sigh. 

I received the USB module today and it was in pieces in the mailing envelope:

Burson just wraps it in foam and tape and it apparently was squeezed in transit. 

I really don't know what kind of operation they are running there but who ships out an module like this not in a box?

Oct 23, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #1,158 of 1,995
  Sigh. 

I received the USB module today and it was in pieces in the mailing envelope:

Burson just wraps it in foam and tape and it apparently was squeezed in transit. 

I really don't know what kind of operation they are running there but who ships out an module like this not in a box?

Of course it has to be in a box, should get mine in a few days hope its ok.Thats not to brilliant COME ON Burson .

Oct 23, 2013 at 10:28 PM Post #1,160 of 1,995
I upgraded to OSX 10.9 Mavericks last evening. So far no issues with the Burson drivers. I currently have the Conductor SL1793. 

In fact, I'm listening to it right now as I type this out! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 24, 2013 at 1:44 AM Post #1,161 of 1,995
Did the upgrade aswell and experiencing no issues! Sounds good as a solid state should :)

Too bad about your usb module. I'd expect more bubble wrap on hardware.

Oct 28, 2013 at 6:16 AM Post #1,163 of 1,995
Burson just sent me an email asking me to open up the Conductor, remove the current USB receiver, take a picture and send it to them. This is to ensure that they send me the correct PCB connectors. Anyone else have to do this?

Oct 28, 2013 at 7:01 AM Post #1,164 of 1,995
Burson just sent me an email asking me to open up the Conductor, remove the current USB receiver, take a picture and send it to them. This is to ensure that they send me the correct PCB connectors. Anyone else have to do this?

Yes,  I believe there are two versions of the main board.  One accepts solid pins from the USB board, just like the ones on the DAC board, and ones that are wired with white two pin connectors.

Oct 28, 2013 at 7:14 AM Post #1,165 of 1,995

Not me but now that you mention it i smell a rat! should get the unit today hopefully!

Oct 28, 2013 at 7:28 AM Post #1,166 of 1,995

No! no email was sent to me? but what if I had the different versions? hmm...That would mean the conductor had some PCB design changes during the production, comparing the photos around internet of early model of Conductor with the current one, we will see some change to PCB.

Oct 28, 2013 at 5:53 PM Post #1,168 of 1,995
Hi all,

I'm very keen on getting my hands on the Conductor to drive the LCD2 rev2 and the HD800, and I was hoping y'all could help me out with a few noob questions:

- What is a good way of burning in the Conductor? I have heard about pink noise, white noise, looped playlists, and others. Is it just up to personal preference?
- Do you usually leave the Conductor ON all of the time? I think I read somewhere that it takes a while for this unit to warm up both after idle and after switching on. 
- What are the advantages of the CM6613A USB Module? Would you recommend buying it immediately after getting the stock Conductor? 

Sorry my ignorance - still very new to the audiophile world here. I would really appreciate any feedback whatsoever. Thanks in advance.

Oct 28, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #1,169 of 1,995
- Normal everyday usage should be enough, or just run your playlist when not using it.
I did notice a difference after using it for a few months.
- Usually, I turn it on 30 minutes to an hour prior to listening.
- Only a few people have received the upgrade, personally I got it because the stock USB is buggy and was never able to work properly. Any increase in quality is a nice bonus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back