Budget headphones
Mar 23, 2008 at 4:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

w33nie

New Head-Fier
I've had KSC75's before, but the clip on design sucked

So I'm looking at the sporta pros, akg k24p's, px100s (found one for 10 bucks on amazon, used) and the HAFX33. How would you describe the sounds of each? I'm looking for something to make up for D2's sound (I think they call it "cold", the sound is there but it sounds really boring. Effects only add distortion and such)

Mar 23, 2008 at 4:27 AM Post #2 of 11
The only one of them I have heard is the sportapro. It sounded pretty good, but the bass was a bit muddy and overpowering.

K24p is garbage from what lots of people say (muddy, etc). PX100's are quite well regarded around here but look out for fakes. There are many.

Portapro's are said to be better than sportapro's, so if you can get them for a similar price, that's probably a better way to go.

Mar 23, 2008 at 5:08 AM Post #3 of 11
I went kind of nuts once and owned out the K24P, PX100, and UR/40 (you should consider this too) at the same time (as well as KSC75, PX3, FX33). All of them have their merits. K24P is almost Gradoish, UR/40 is that fun Koss sound, and it sounds superb on old poorly recorded music for some reason, and PX100 is nice, relaxed, and bassy. I'd say FX33 is not as good as any of the full size stuff. If your head's not too big, the UR/40 is my pick. I didn't really like the fit style of the K24P but for some it could be good. PX100 is comfortable too, and very portable.

Mar 23, 2008 at 6:17 AM Post #5 of 11
...Aren't the Sporta Pros the ones with the KSC35 driver in them?
confused.gif

Mar 23, 2008 at 6:31 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...Aren't the Sporta Pros the ones with the KSC35 driver in them?
confused.gif

I've heard something like that about the Porta and/or Sporta Pro. Personally I'd go with the over-head style of the Porta Pro, and I'm actually kind of interested in getting one too.
tongue.gif

Mar 23, 2008 at 6:31 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by w33nie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
UR40s don't fit my budget, and they're too big. Guess it's between the k24p's and sporta pros, since the used px100 is probably a fake

just buy a new PX100 then, you won't regret it.
biggrin.gif

Apr 13, 2011 at 10:30 PM Post #11 of 11
IMHO the K24P's are definitely not 'garbage' as one poster said.  They have power and on some material render quite nicely, with punch and surprising (to some perhaps a little overblown) bass for such tiny cans.  I like them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back