Budget headphones for a basshead ($50)
Apr 2, 2013 at 4:17 AM Post #16 of 25
  • JVC S500
  • Creative Aurvana Live
  • Panasonic HTF600
  • JVC S600 (EQ for best results)
  • Sony XB500 (EQ for best results)
  • Philips CitiScape (SHL5905 if I'am not mistaken)

The order is random.

Apr 2, 2013 at 8:12 AM Post #19 of 25
Quote:
the k518 and the HD202 go for the same price here.. which one is better? (without amping)
and im talking bass quality wise

Not heard the k518 before, but the hd202 seems to be more popular as being a budget bass choice,
though i may be wrong just stating.

Apr 2, 2013 at 8:53 AM Post #20 of 25
maybe because they go for $30 in most places.. in my place to goes for 50-60 bucks .. same for the k518.. but i checked in other placed and the akg go for 60 bucks worldwide.. maybe less
so again, hd202 or k518 both at the same price

Apr 2, 2013 at 9:37 AM Post #21 of 25
I don't think HD202 will give you anywhere near the bass quantity you are looking for coming from JVC HA-FX101.
But choice is yours. :popcorn:

Apr 2, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #24 of 25
The porta pros have been around since 1984, and still selling like hot cakes. With good reason. They are probably my favorite headphones for under $50.
Although I have graduated now to more expensive headphones, I still take my trusty porta pros along with me everywhere I go. They are cheap, easy to carry around, sound absolutely fabulous and are pretty sturdy. I usually use them while running on the treadmill at gym. While they are an open design, they cut out background noise pretty well. That's probably because they are on-ear rather than over the ear open backed headphones. They are very bass-heavy. Although the bass is kind of muddy, they pack a serious punch. They are very secure on top of your head and you just forget that they are there.. they are that comfortable. I purchased my first porta pros some 7 years ago, and I have owned 3 since, including the 25 year anniversary edition. Koss is great with their lifetime guarantee as well. I just had to pay shipping charges when the joint near the 3.5mm jack got loose and started to cut the music in and out, and got a brand new pair within a fortnight... for 6 bucks! I highly recommend this set of headphones. For your budget, you wouldn't get anything else that sound as good as these.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/koss-portapro-headphones-with-case

http://www.head-fi.org/t/139773/koss-portapro-appreciation-thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back