Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II
Jul 27, 2014 at 5:43 AM Post #961 of 6,668
I played that collection on a 24 bit MD player for years. Then, I switched to a Cowon iAudio X5.

I had one Sony Hi-MD player with blank screen and now pronounced dead (un-usable).

Jul 27, 2014 at 6:39 AM Post #962 of 6,668
I had one Sony Hi-MD player with blank screen and now pronounced dead (un-usable).
Yes, those portable MD players tend to stop working after a while. Mine stopped recording after several years, which was the reason to get the Cowon DAP. Last year, I got myself a Sony JA50ES MD deck. I don't use it a lot though, because a DAP with all my music on it is more convenient.

Jul 27, 2014 at 7:21 AM Post #963 of 6,668
Yes, those portable MD players tend to stop working after a while. Mine stopped recording after several years, which was the reason to get the Cowon DAP. Last year, I got myself a Sony JA50ES MD deck. I don't use it a lot though, because a DAP with all my music on it is more convenient.

Sony is stepping backward

Jul 27, 2014 at 10:43 AM Post #964 of 6,668
Hi guys!

New to Head-fi here. In fact, I made this account just to ask a simple question on the AK 100II that I just bought today, since I couldn't find an answer on the Internet.

Anyways, I've just imported my music library onto the device and I have a ton of Playlists on my iTunes and I tried exporting them as a M3U File then copy that onto the M3U folder of the AK100II but they display 0 songs on the device.

Is there anyone that can help me get playlists imported and working?

Edit: I copied like around 1800 songs onto the device, all ALAC files, but the device only reads 478 and it said that the rest were unsupported and deleted?

Thanks! :D

Jul 27, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #965 of 6,668
Sony is stepping backward
No, I bought portables in this order:

MD portable, Cowon DAP, iPod, iPhone, iBasso HDP-R10, AK100II.

THE JA50ES is the best MD recorder ever made. The AK100II is not really a substitute. It's for use outdoors, at work and on the couch. For exclusive listening, I use my XA50ES CD player or JA50ES MD. Often, I don't have time to use MD's or CD's because it's late. Then, I'll have a quick listen on my AK100II.

Jul 28, 2014 at 8:15 PM Post #966 of 6,668
Was considering X5 ad DX90 but ended up here and then broke down and got an AK100ii. Bought it for design and best UI compare to DX90 and X5. Tested on a meet at SF and came to the conclusion that the differences is too small to dump an additional $1600 on AK240. There are differences for sure, but I think in meet condition, I could barely hear much differences and meet conditions is what I will use in real life conditions, out in grocery stores and markets. Beside I already have Hugo, for serious home usage and just wanted to upgrade my Imod and Pico slim combo to slim it down. 

I will pen something down when i get it this week. 

Jul 28, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #967 of 6,668
Anyone able to explain why this ak120ii with headphone and SD card is 200.00 cheaper than base ak120ii.  I am not interested in the headphones one bit but wondering if this is gray market or what?

http://www.amazon.com/Astell-Kern-Sennheiser-Headphones-Connection/dp/B00LZ7YGO8/ref=sr_1_sc_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1406594714&sr=1-4-spell&keywords=astel+kern+120

Jul 28, 2014 at 10:12 PM Post #968 of 6,668
  Anyone able to explain why this ak120ii with headphone and SD card is 200.00 cheaper than base ak120ii.  I am not interested in the headphones one bit but wondering if this is gray market or what?

http://www.amazon.com/Astell-Kern-Sennheiser-Headphones-Connection/dp/B00LZ7YGO8/ref=sr_1_sc_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1406594714&sr=1-4-spell&keywords=astel+kern+120

Looking at the link, it's by EMusic Enterprise. Do a search here on these forums as questions about EMusic Enterprise has been asked quite a few times. Your best bet it simply to ask A&K directly for an authoritative answer.

Jul 28, 2014 at 10:20 PM Post #969 of 6,668
Thanks.  Normally when I see stuff like that, I run the other way.  I guess I was optimistic that Amazon might police this more than say e-bay.  

Also, appreciate the reminder to call manufacturer when in doubt.

Jul 29, 2014 at 5:10 AM Post #970 of 6,668
  Anyways, I've just imported my music library onto the device and I have a ton of Playlists on my iTunes and I tried exporting them as a M3U File then copy that onto the M3U folder of the AK100II but they display 0 songs on the device.

It's the paths that the m3u file exported from your iTunes difference from the m3u that the AK player accepts. 

You can open the m3u file with a text editor and replace the paths

Jul 29, 2014 at 7:59 AM Post #971 of 6,668
  Hi guys!

New to Head-fi here. In fact, I made this account just to ask a simple question on the AK 100II that I just bought today, since I couldn't find an answer on the Internet.

Edit: I copied like around 1800 songs onto the device, all ALAC files, but the device only reads 478 and it said that the rest were unsupported and deleted?

Thanks! :

i have the same problem......

Jul 29, 2014 at 3:15 PM Post #972 of 6,668
  i have the same problem......

To put the files on my AK100 II I use MediaMonkey it also put them in directories and processes your iTunes if you would like it to.

As it knows where you files are I think it will also rewrite the playlists correctly.
Works great for me.

Maybe give it a try? (it is free)

Hope it can help,

Casper

Jul 29, 2014 at 10:17 PM Post #974 of 6,668
Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but what is the best way to get play lists from your computer onto the ak units? I'm using jriver atm.
Edit.. Some useful information a few posts up..
Second Edit... strange no idea what i did but they now work.... yay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back