Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread
May 10, 2013 at 12:44 PM Post #1,231 of 1,431
Quote:
I wore my B2's too long in the pouring rain and now they sound completely crappy. Very compressed, dry bass, and the lower mids are all gone :/

Anyone have any idea how to fix this? The right channel is also a lot less loudsr in volume then the left. They have dried for 1,5 day now, I might try blowdrying them a little. I could also try to open em up to see what happened inside, but I don't know how without damaging them. They're so fragile
frown.gif

-edit- The left channel is fine, the right channel sounds fine too, but just a lot lower in volume. Is this the famous channel imbalance that happens after a while? Would be pretty coincidental to just happen after I used them for a long period (half an hour or so) in the pouring rain, right?
frown.gif

I think you got 'em damaged because of the water, let them sit for a while or maybe blow them like you wrote.

May 19, 2013 at 5:00 AM Post #1,234 of 1,431
Well that's the 2nd pair of B2's I've had that have suffered driver failure in <6 mths (and the cable is dreadful as well, should be a lot better for a product at that price point). As wonderful as these sound (they really really do), I'd now have trouble recommending these to people. I've done my best harassing MP4 Nation over this, but they're unresponsive. Fortunately my customs will be arriving in ~2 weeks (thank goodness for small mercies).

May 22, 2013 at 8:12 AM Post #1,235 of 1,431
Quote:
:frowning2:
I've blowdried them for 10 minutes, didn't work. I just put em in a cup of rice and will wait a week. Let's see if it helps, thanks!

This did not work either. I have submersed everything, including the cable, in a bag of rice and let it stand for a week. Crap. Any other suggestions? What's weird is.. could the rain have triggered the infamous channel imbalance issue? (Cause that's definately what it seems to be!)

May 22, 2013 at 8:38 AM Post #1,236 of 1,431
They're stuffed. Time for new ones. Could water cause 'channel imbalance', it might. Let's face it, if you get electronics/anything with electricity going thru it wet it tends not to like it. Drivers in IEM's are no different. You could always send them into MP4 Nation & try to get a new pair under warranty. As to whether this would work (I know this is your next question), who knows ? Send them in & find out. They're certainly not obliged to give you a new pair, put it that way.

Jun 3, 2013 at 12:39 PM Post #1,237 of 1,431
Jun 3, 2013 at 9:13 PM Post #1,238 of 1,431
Quote:
Mp4nation has the B2 again.
I wonder if it's an updated version of these earphones.

They have a deal right now with preorders,

http://www.mp4nation.net/brainwavz-earphones/brainwavz-b2-dual-balanced-armature-earphones/

Is this a good price for the brainwavz b2?

I'm looking for a new pair of IEMs and these seem good for the price.

Or should I keep patient and wait for a used one on the sales forum here or eBay instead for cheaper?

Jun 4, 2013 at 12:52 AM Post #1,239 of 1,431
It is a good price, I sold my used pair back in Sept of last year for $125.
I sold mine at the time because they  sounded very much like my  DBA-02, which is basically the same earphone but with some minor changes. I didn't need two earphones that sounded so similar.

Jun 4, 2013 at 1:30 AM Post #1,241 of 1,431
Quote:
That's a good price for B2. Wonderful IEM if the signature suits.

Agreed.
I have both DBA-02 and B2's and they are nearly identical in sound, design, build, etc.
Love them both.
Great price.

Jun 24, 2013 at 11:06 AM Post #1,243 of 1,431
Im using this reply to vent so i apologize in advance. Im finding it interestng that mp4 nation is listing the b2s for sale and not out of stock, as my dead pair have been in HK with them for a month and they are telling me it will be at least another month for a repair.....seems odd...

Jun 24, 2013 at 12:59 PM Post #1,244 of 1,431
Quote:
Im using this reply to vent so i apologize in advance. Im finding it interestng that mp4 nation is listing the b2s for sale and not out of stock, as my dead pair have been in HK with them for a month and they are telling me it will be at least another month for a repair.....seems odd...

They are listing them for sale because that's a pre-order sale before the new batch of b2s arrives. That's why it's discounted now. They are probably not able to fix your pair and are waiting for the new batch to send you a new one.

Jun 24, 2013 at 1:13 PM Post #1,245 of 1,431
kova thank you for the info. You are obviously right, i did not read the sale page carefully. Just a wee bit frustrated being without the B2s while i wait for my customs...

Thanks again. This forum is always a great source of info.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back