Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Nov 28, 2012 at 7:19 AM Post #1,203 of 1,431
My second pair of B2's got imbalance issue... These were my favourite IEM's...  
frown.gif

Dec 2, 2012 at 7:01 PM Post #1,207 of 1,431
Quote:
Seems like the all-black Japanese version of these (Greenhouse GH-ERC-DMS) is on clearance or something in Japan. Converting from Japanese yen to US dollars, the price is about $55 USD? I suppose even with added shipping agent/international shipping fees it would be a pretty good deal for a TWFK-based earphone.

If that's the price (55 bucks) and the shipping isn't that expensive them it's a good price (awesome price maybe) but I think that the warraty could be an issue if something fails.

Dec 3, 2012 at 1:10 AM Post #1,208 of 1,431
Quote:
I really want to like these B2 IEMs, but I'm finding that they have a harshness to them that I would imagine is what people now call sibilance. I am finding it on the B2, but, surprisingly, not on the Etymotic HF5 that I have also started listening to over the last week. 

Specific examples include:
Male vocals in Peter Gabriel, So; Don't Give Up and Mercy Street
Piano in The Monty Alexander Trio, Live At The Montreaux Festival 

I listened to both of these CDs through Wilson Watt Puppies years ago and I'm pretty sure that I would have remembered if there was this kind of harshness in the recording. While the HF5 are definitely revealing of the high-frequency content, they don't have the harshness I'm hearing in with the B2 using the same source chain.

Source is Apple Lossless through Samsung Galaxy S 4G (Wolfson WM8994, DAC direct, 128x O/S, audio gain only) as well as Sabre DAC into  NAD 310. 

As much as I enjoy the easier-to-insert nature of the B2 over the HF5 and the somewhat enhanced bass, as I listen to a lot of Jazz and Fusion, this kind of sonic fault is very frustrating. I didn't see anything specific on resolution in the thread, though I might have missed something in my read of the last 70 pages :wink:

Any suggestions before I give up on them?

I feel the same as well.. I like my HF5 better than B2 because of the cymbals sound. 

Cymbals on HF5 when being hit, you can feel that it wiggles(sorry not an audiiophile) B2's cymbals sound metallic for me.

Dec 3, 2012 at 10:27 AM Post #1,209 of 1,431
Quote:
Seems like the all-black Japanese version of these (Greenhouse GH-ERC-DMS) is on clearance or something in Japan. Converting from Japanese yen to US dollars, the price is about $55 USD? I suppose even with added shipping agent/international shipping fees it would be a pretty good deal for a TWFK-based earphone.

I have that two pcs. (GH-ERC-DMS)
It was surprise in same shape ... and price !
But I believe B2's sound will be better .... 

with GH-ERC-DMS, there's only S/M/L silicon tips and converting jack, but I can buy more compatible tips on online market.

- & -

Here is my review of GreenHouse's GH-ERC-DMS review in Korean.
if have interested in, just see FR graph and packaging pictures. ( you don't need try to read Korean. it's not easy 
bigsmile_face.gif
 )

http://rageworx.pe.kr/1313

Dec 6, 2012 at 2:46 AM Post #1,210 of 1,431
Does anyone else feel the imbalance in frequency distribution over the channels in B2 ??? Higher-mids to lower-highs seem to come from right whereas lower-mids and higher-highs seem to come from left channel. In some music (especially trance), it gives a sense of channel imbalance whereas it feels perfect for genres like alternative,etc....

Dec 6, 2012 at 7:36 AM Post #1,211 of 1,431
Haven't listened to these in a while. Crossover issues? Definitely didn't notice any imbalance issues. I've never read any issues in the DBA-02 either for that matter, which is identical, though I'm not discounting your experience. Perhaps it's a flaw, perhaps it's a sensitivity. Happen with other two ways ?

Dec 18, 2012 at 3:09 AM Post #1,212 of 1,431
Quote:
Does anyone else feel the imbalance in frequency distribution over the channels in B2 ??? Higher-mids to lower-highs seem to come from right whereas lower-mids and higher-highs seem to come from left channel. In some music (especially trance), it gives a sense of channel imbalance whereas it feels perfect for genres like alternative,etc....

I think your device has a problem in transducer.

Dec 18, 2012 at 3:10 AM Post #1,213 of 1,431
Quote:
Haven't listened to these in a while. Crossover issues? Definitely didn't notice any imbalance issues. I've never read any issues in the DBA-02 either for that matter, which is identical, though I'm not discounting your experience. Perhaps it's a flaw, perhaps it's a sensitivity. Happen with other two ways ?

A crossover issue ? what kind ?

Dec 19, 2012 at 10:44 AM Post #1,215 of 1,431
I can nolonger recommend the purchase of the Brainwavz B2 headphones.  Let me be clear.  I love these headphones.  They sound great and I will continue to use them 1 to 2 hours a day while traveling and such.  They are my favorite IEMs right now.  This leads to the question as to why I can't recommend them.  I have had a very small issue.  The tip of the right ear (the black part past the red band) has come unglued.  While this is a minor issue and can be resolved with some carefully placed superglue I decided to contact YourBrainwaves.com and ask their recomendation.  My headphones (at the original time of the issue) were only about 2-3 months old.  My issue is that I have emailed YourBrainwaves multiple times asking for their recomended solution to the issue.  In nearly a month I have not gotten one reply.  If I were having a serious issue their lack of response would be a major problem.  So in the end their product is fine but they as a company do not know how to treat their customers.  I will update this thread if they get back to me but for right now Love the product...Not happy with the company.

So much for "BRAINWAVZ B2 earphones will come with a 1 year swap for new warranty, should anything go wrong with the unit, you only need to send the earphones and we will send back a brand new unit sealed retail unit to you." 

Ohh Yea.  The short comply foams that come with the B2s are the best tip.  However the red color looks great new but disgusting with ear wax all over it after significant usage.  Just saying I bought black replacments when they wore out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back