Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Aug 25, 2012 at 12:16 PM Post #1,111 of 1,431
Quote:
I now have been a month or more with my B2s. I never loved music so much. I don't understand why someone would dislike detail on music, to me dissecting every part of a song is a huge part of my enjoyment. I've actually been much less active than before because I feel like just stop reading about headphones and enjoy them. And they don't just do 'audiophile' genres well, yesterday I was listening to Psytrance on them. The only thing I really can't stand with the B2 is dubstep, since the bass plays a huge role in it. Besides that, a Clip Zip feeding Gentle Giant or Zappa into my B2 seems like a very good stop on my audiophile journey.

I suggest you to try some Pink Floyd with these... 

Aug 26, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #1,113 of 1,431
Just got these Friday, a step up from my long dead RE0. (was using CX300s occasionally)
$113.50 with free 1 day shipping. Use code fb2012fiver for 5% off expires: 01/15/2013. For that price really do seem to be best value around compared to something like GR07 which are still going $170.

Have not listened too much so far. I was getting significant hiss from my galaxy S1, so took me a bit of time to figure out to turn headset amp level from -10dB to -30, but at max vol occasional distortion, so near max.

Aug 26, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #1,114 of 1,431
Quote:
BTW I find it funny how many are ditching these after praising them. Really great for the $$. My only reservation remains the cable. 

Quote:
Just got these Friday, a step up from my long dead RE0. (was using CX300s occasionally)
$113.50 with free 1 day shipping. Use code fb2012fiver for 5% off expires: 01/15/2013. For that price really do seem to be best value around compared to something like GR07 which are still going $170.

Have not listened too much so far. I was getting significant hiss from my galaxy S1, so took me a bit of time to figure out to turn headset amp level from -10dB to -30, but at max vol occasional distortion, so near max.

I was bitter for a while after losing them, but I've just ordered another, thanks for sharing the coupon code.    

Aug 27, 2012 at 2:37 AM Post #1,115 of 1,431
I get no hiss at all with these from my sgs2, they're very efficient despite what the specs says but not hissy prone , but of course the sgs1 uses anWolfson dac same as my PlayBook and its very hissy indeed, haven't use them with my zune hd (Wolfson aswell with poor emi shielding )

Aug 27, 2012 at 2:58 AM Post #1,116 of 1,431
Quote:

Quote:
I get no hiss at all with these from my sgs2, they're very efficient despite what the specs says but not hissy prone , but of course the sgs1 uses anWolfson dac same as my PlayBook and its very hissy indeed, haven't use them with my zune hd (Wolfson aswell with poor emi shielding )

Maybe Knickknack uses SGS1 i9003 ( which uses audiochip from TI ) and not i9000 ( the Wolfson one )?

Aug 31, 2012 at 3:50 PM Post #1,120 of 1,431
I am very excited.  Just ordered my pair of B2s off amazon.  I have a question on music quality.  The comment was made don't listen below 320bit mp3. 

If I take a more forgiving/lower quality pair and listen to some 128bit and these will the more forgiving pair sound better or am I just effectively downgrading my nice pair.

Sep 1, 2012 at 12:15 AM Post #1,121 of 1,431
I am very excited.  Just ordered my pair of B2s off amazon.  I have a question on music quality.  The comment was made don't listen below 320bit mp3. 

If I take a more forgiving/lower quality pair and listen to some 128bit and these will the more forgiving pair sound better or am I just effectively downgrading my nice pair.

I have a few dozen 128kbps MP3's in my very large collection (maybe 0.5% of my collection all up), and every single one has sounded like crap thru the B2's. These are fantastic canals, but they will magnify every single little flaw in any source. These really shine with 320kbps MP3's & FLAC's. I wouldn't/don't listen to 128kbps MP3's through these, but obviously YMMV. Now to your question...Do 128kbps MP3's sound better through, say, my CX300's as opposed to thru the B2's ? Kinda. MP3's encoded @ this bitrate tend to sound ordinary through anything. 'Lesser quality' canals aren't as detailed as the B2's, so the poor quality isn't quite as noticeable. But they still sound pretty average even through CX300's. Is that what you were asking ? :wink:

Sep 1, 2012 at 1:58 AM Post #1,122 of 1,431
Would a trustworthy Brainwavz B2 owner be willing to let me send you my pair that are modded on the iPhone cable so that you could test it against yours, and tell me if anything stands out? I don't remember the virginal B2 pair well enough to make a determination.

So how about it? I'll send you my B2's, just the IEMs, and include a self addressedbox so you can just drop it in the post office's drop box when you've made the determination? A member in the Northeastern US, with some feedback would be preferred.

Sep 1, 2012 at 1:00 PM Post #1,123 of 1,431
Quote:
Would a trustworthy Brainwavz B2 owner be willing to let me send you my pair that are modded on the iPhone cable so that you could test it against yours, and tell me if anything stands out? I don't remember the virginal B2 pair well enough to make a determination.

So how about it? I'll send you my B2's, just the IEMs, and include a self addressedbox so you can just drop it in the post office's drop box when you've made the determination? A member in the Northeastern US, with some feedback would be preferred.

I like the idea. Better than just hearing both and taking impressions, in the end the user could also measure them. The problem is few users can reliably measure IEMs.
Another idea would be for you to ask to borrow someone's B2's and compare them yourself, with you paying for shipping both ways.

Sep 4, 2012 at 10:00 AM Post #1,125 of 1,431
Hmm.  I think I just shot myself in the foot.  I listened to the HE-6 & HD800 through out the long weekend & then I put the B2s on this morning during my commute.  

Face = 
confused_face.gif

Same tracks I was listening to this weekend except with noticeable sub-bass roll-off.  So I figured, okay, forget Modest Mouse & AC/DC - I'm going with Yo-Yo Ma Solos.  The cello should sound okay here.  Well it turns out the cello goes pretty low too, and timbre was all off.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back