Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Jul 20, 2012 at 9:58 AM Post #887 of 1,431
Ugh...SM3....
tongue.gif

Jul 20, 2012 at 11:12 AM Post #889 of 1,431
Good news - looks like MP4 Nation is sending me a replacement. They said FedEx needs to contact me which makes me nervous because I don't know why they would need to, but I'm very thankful, either way. I'm excited!

Jul 20, 2012 at 11:48 AM Post #890 of 1,431
Quote:
Got mine yesterday; it came with a shirt clip.  =]

...a noticeable "step" down for me from the SM3, but worth the money nonetheless.

Naaahh! Your kidding me, right? Just went to the MP4Nation page and see that a shirt clip is not mentioned. I saw the shirt clip mentioned in the Joker's review in the beginning of this thread.

Jul 20, 2012 at 12:01 PM Post #891 of 1,431
Quote:
Naaahh! Your kidding me, right? Just went to the MP4Nation page and see that a shirt clip is not mentioned. I saw the shirt clip mentioned in the Joker's review in the beginning of this thread.

It probably came in earlier versions?  (Guessing)  Look back in this thread, I cancelled my preorder and bought a mint one off classifieds a few days ago.  

Jul 20, 2012 at 12:05 PM Post #892 of 1,431
Quote:
Good news - looks like MP4 Nation is sending me a replacement. They said FedEx needs to contact me which makes me nervous because I don't know why they would need to, but I'm very thankful, either way. I'm excited!

It's standard procedure when you file an insurance claim with a shipping company - MP4Nation probably filed an insurance claim for tampering and FedEx will need to pick up / examine the package to determine whether it was indeed tampered with in transit...

But I wouldn't think there's any need to worry on your end.

Jul 20, 2012 at 12:26 PM Post #893 of 1,431
Quote:

It's standard procedure when you file an insurance claim with a shipping company - MP4Nation probably filed an insurance claim for tampering and FedEx will need to pick up / examine the package to determine whether it was indeed tampered with in transit...

But I wouldn't think there's any need to worry on your end.

I don't have the mailer anymore but I'm thankful it looks like it's all getting taken care of. The mailer was totally unharrassed by my estimation (looked the exact same as when I got my E17 from them)

Jul 21, 2012 at 4:54 AM Post #896 of 1,431
Hi. Has anyone received their pre ordered Brainwavz b2 from mp4nation. I have received mine and for me, i think the sound quality is really bad. the previous earphones i had were apple earphones and another 30$ iem but after hearing the brainwavz b2 , I was not impressed at all although the b2 costs much higher. Does anyone else's earphones also sound like crap? thanks.

Jul 21, 2012 at 6:56 AM Post #898 of 1,431
Yup, high end earphones aren't for everyone. Many (audiophile) head-fiers are treble-heads and they want enhanced details which usually come from high frequencies.

Jul 21, 2012 at 7:15 AM Post #899 of 1,431
Quote:
Got mine yesterday; it came with a shirt clip.  =]

...a noticeable "step" down for me from the SM3, but worth the money nonetheless.

Since the SM3 MSRP is 4 times more than the preorder price of the B2, I'd expect them to be a step up.  That said, I find it hard to believe that the SM3 is $300 better.
regular_smile .gif

But congrats on owning two nice pairs of IEMs....

Jul 21, 2012 at 7:20 AM Post #900 of 1,431
Straight answer...no. 

You may not have a preference for the sound signature of the B2, but that doesn't mean they sound like crap.  I am extremely happy with mine...I love the detail that I'm hearing compared to the old Super.fi 3 Studio IEMs that I've been using for the past 6 years. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back