Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Aug 14, 2011 at 11:44 PM Post #556 of 1,431
Oh? The filter is visible from the nozzle. All you need is looking into it with a bit of light.

Aug 14, 2011 at 11:47 PM Post #557 of 1,431

Quote:

I've read that early B2s are really bright, and the production models are tamed. Is it possible I got a pre production model?

No, we only got a few made and they look totally different to the final version.

Check your seal, make sure you really get the tips into your ear and sit well, if you have smaller ear canal then trimming or getting smaller size comply tip could help.

If you are sure its not a seal issue then it could just be that the B2 don't match well to your songs, especially is there is already a lot of sibilance in the music you listen to. One thing i might suggest is to check the quality of your music files, low bit rate files with lots of artifacts will not sound good on more detail reproducing earphones like our B2. Lastly a good DIY tip i read from other users here is to place a bit of saran wrap type material over the nozzle and make a small hole with a pin then place your tips back, the saran wrap type material will act like an acoustic filter taking the treble highs down a little more.

Aug 15, 2011 at 12:07 AM Post #559 of 1,431
Here is a picture just for reference.

filter_resize.jpg

Aug 17, 2011 at 11:43 AM Post #562 of 1,431
While I've been enjoying my B2s for the most part, I find that in places w/ high ambient noise (anywhere crowded outside) the bass has a tough time getting through.  In places of low ambient noise the bass is just enough, but outside, it's attenuates further.

I'm yet to try the Comply P-tips, but the stock / included-comply tips don't alleviate this.

Aug 17, 2011 at 3:42 PM Post #563 of 1,431
I've found the Shure olives (which are a perfect fit) tame the highs a bit, and also isolate a little more.  YMMV.  Worth trying.

Aug 22, 2011 at 3:13 PM Post #564 of 1,431

When you say tame the highs a bit, do you mean compared to the included medium sized comply tips? I am disapointed in the comply tips as far as durability goes and have heard shure olives last longer. If they tame the highs and have more isolation on top...well then they might be much better for me.

Any recomendation for sizing with the shure olives? I really don't feel like buy a set of each size.
Quote:
I've found the Shure olives (which are a perfect fit) tame the highs a bit, and also isolate a little more.  YMMV.  Worth trying.

Aug 22, 2011 at 4:33 PM Post #565 of 1,431

Quote:
When you say tame the highs a bit, do you mean compared to the included medium sized comply tips? I am disapointed in the comply tips as far as durability goes and have heard shure olives last longer. If they tame the highs and have more isolation on top...well then they might be much better for me.

Any recomendation for sizing with the shure olives? I really don't feel like buy a set of each size.

The Olives are definitely longer lasting.  They also tend to expand more in my experience.  Sizing will depend on your ear canal size, and how deep you insert.  I'm a big guy 6ft - I use the large.  Everyone will be different though.  There's a photo on this review of my B2s with the large Shure Olives.  Not sure if it helps.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/brainwavz-b2-dual-balanced-armature-earphones/reviews/5477

Aug 22, 2011 at 4:45 PM Post #566 of 1,431
Aug 22, 2011 at 4:50 PM Post #568 of 1,431

Quote:
Do you think they are looser on the B2 than the comply tips? Thanks a ton for all the help.

I found that the fit was exactly the same as it is on the Shures (quite tight).  If it is any looser, it would be very marginal.

Aug 24, 2011 at 11:52 AM Post #569 of 1,431
i just ordered these last night. where can i buy the 'shure olives' for these that people seem to be talking about?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back