Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Jul 24, 2011 at 8:28 PM Post #497 of 1,431
After trying these out for a couple weeks, I'm going to return them. The treble was too harsh for me but then again I never liked sounds that are too bright. They were very clear though and the bass was pretty good for BAs.

Jul 25, 2011 at 12:34 AM Post #502 of 1,431

Quote:

They were pretty similar in harshness if I remember correctly.

Wow, interesting.  That's unusual but could be a bunch of different reasons for that.  Hope you find something that works out.    

Jul 25, 2011 at 12:41 AM Post #503 of 1,431

Quote:
Wow, interesting.  That's unusual but could be a bunch of different reasons for that.  Hope you find something that works out.    

Well the GR07 is working well for me so far but the IE8 was my fav out of the earphones I've had. I'm thinking the B2 is opposite of that sound. I'm glad I got to try it though, hearing different sound sigs to find the perfect one fun.

Jul 25, 2011 at 2:40 PM Post #504 of 1,431
I got these 2 days ago, and since then I've noticed that the right side has much harsher highs.

Upon further inspection, I noticed that the left side has a metal filter, while the right side doesn't. Does everybody else have 2 filters?

Jul 25, 2011 at 2:57 PM Post #505 of 1,431

Quote:
I got these 2 days ago, and since then I've noticed that the right side has much harsher highs.

Upon further inspection, I noticed that the left side has a metal filter, while the right side doesn't. Does everybody else have 2 filters?

Ruh oh.  Yeah you need two filters.  That would certainly explain the harsh high remarks if the filters weren't there.

Jul 25, 2011 at 3:05 PM Post #506 of 1,431

Quote:
Ruh oh.  Yeah you need two filters.  That would certainly explain the harsh high remarks if the filters weren't there.

Yeah the right side is definitely missing the mesh filter.

Is this fixable somehow? I'd rather not have to send it back...otherwise everything is fine. The harsh highs stink though, especially when its only on one side.

Jul 25, 2011 at 3:35 PM Post #507 of 1,431

Quote:
Yeah the right side is definitely missing the mesh filter.

Is this fixable somehow? I'd rather not have to send it back...otherwise everything is fine. The harsh highs stink though, especially when its only on one side.

If you ordered from Amazon that's easy.  Just get a replacement.  Otherwise I think it's MP4Nation CS you need to deal with.

Jul 26, 2011 at 1:17 AM Post #509 of 1,431
must....resist....

Jul 26, 2011 at 2:22 AM Post #510 of 1,431
There should be a small mesh filter in both nozzles, but the main filter that is the tube, that has the biggest affect to the sound, as i suggested to wallartsecurity if they did not want to send it back to be replaced, they could place a bit of cotton in the nozzle and it should provide the same affect the metal filter was providing, but if that does not work or doesn't want to try then contact MP4 Nation support and the support team will guide you through a replacement, but if you did get it off Amazon then its your choice if you want to go through them or us for the replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back