Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Jul 19, 2011 at 3:05 PM Post #482 of 1,431

Quote:
It was from the Preorder batch. It came with an angled jack and Im not sure if thats the production version.

Pre-order batch?  The only angled jack I know is the prototype.  The 'pre-order' batch is the current shipping production batch w/ the straight connector right? People who purchased the pre-order received the current production model to my knowledge as I was one of them.

Jul 19, 2011 at 3:53 PM Post #484 of 1,431

It was a 45 angled jack from what I could remember. I didnt really take that into attention. 

It definitely doesnt look like the one in the OP and comes in red. so That should be the production batch right? I still remember the slow decaying treble on the IEM which sticks to mind.

Quote:
Pre-order batch?  The only angled jack I know is the prototype.  The 'pre-order' batch is the current shipping production batch w/ the straight connector right? People who purchased the pre-order received the current production model to my knowledge as I was one of them.

Jul 19, 2011 at 4:39 PM Post #485 of 1,431

Quote:
It was a 45 angled jack from what I could remember. I didnt really take that into attention. 

It definitely doesnt look like the one in the OP and comes in red. so That should be the production batch right? I still remember the slow decaying treble on the IEM which sticks to mind.

So yours was red?  Okay, different story then.  Carry on.

Jul 19, 2011 at 4:56 PM Post #486 of 1,431

Quote:

Great... not that it matters, but now I'm comPLEEEETEly confused.

Jul 20, 2011 at 11:43 PM Post #489 of 1,431
I ordered a fiio amp from them on the 5th of July and there is no record even though I got an update that said it shipped. Obviously they are not speedy shippers. Not ordering from them directly ever again. 3 weeks is ridiculous.

Jul 21, 2011 at 5:32 AM Post #490 of 1,431

Quote:
It was from the Preorder batch. It came with an angled jack and Im not sure if thats the production version.

You must have seen one of the reviewer units with the black cable and the blue body housing. Not the final version.

Quote:
Great... not that it matters, but now I'm comPLEEEETEly confused.

Just to clear everything up on the plug everyone that bought a B2 and still buying come with a STRAIGHT plug. Only the reviewer units had the L shaped plug that comes on our M1, M2, M3, Alpha and ProAlpha models. phew.

Quote:
I ordered a fiio amp from them on the 5th of July and there is no record even though I got an update that said it shipped. Obviously they are not speedy shippers. Not ordering from them directly ever again. 3 weeks is ridiculous.

Can you PM me your order number or open a support ticket (http://www.mp4nation.net/support) so we can look into it.

Jul 22, 2011 at 10:11 PM Post #495 of 1,431
Just got my B2s after what seemed like forever, waiting 2 weeks held in customs and 1 week once usps had it. Aside from that upon first listen These things had piercing highs to the point where I thought they were a mistake. I plug in my fiio e11 set it to high gain right away and set the bass boost to maximum. Distorted muddy junk! I almost threw up... ok maybe I'm exaggerating a bit but after 1 hour and burning this thing amped with bass boost on it seemed to have made a difference. The piercing highs were completely gone. Its a more tamed and listenable sound signature. I was trying to find the freq response scale, Brainwavz needs to post it somewhere. Bass boost does seem to distort the subwoofers but no where nearly as bad as before. I can only hope that with time these things sound better like my Re0s did once they burned in. Oh I almost forgot on level 1 bass boost the subwoofer seems to be in control and the midrange is back! So far I can't really compare this to anything since the sound signature drastically changed. Without the e11 amp I probably would have sold or traded these iems.

Edit: Oh I forgot to mention I tossed the complys and put on my custom ear tips from starkey labs (they happen to have a wide chamber inside) and all of the bass came back. I guess its all in the seal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back