Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Jul 12, 2011 at 1:46 AM Post #451 of 1,431

Quote:
Got the B2's today

Awesome packaging.

At first I didn't like the sound but thats because I was using the silicon tips. The Comply tips really make a big difference.

I was wondering what size are the Comply tips that come with the B2? I have a feeling I have to order more... and btw how long do the Comply tips usually last and what causes them to "wear-out"?

or can anyone recommend other tips to use with them, I tried to use my Sony hybrids but they are too big for the nozzle.

Thanks

Congrats on your new B2's.
I think they are the T-100.
I use the P-series (large or standard) and trim the overhang (see pics a few pages back). This reduces the slight attenuation of highs produced by the Comply's, but still allows for fairly deep insertion and remarkable seal.

Good luck!

Jul 12, 2011 at 3:09 AM Post #452 of 1,431
I get these Wednesday, hope they're dope. 
biggrin.gif

Jul 13, 2011 at 2:27 PM Post #456 of 1,431

Quote:
The Comply tips really make a big difference.  
I was wondering what size are the Comply tips that come with the B2? I have a feeling I have to order more... and btw how long do the Comply tips usually last and what causes them to "wear-out"?

The B2's come with T-100 in Medium. The tips last several months and can last longer than that if you don't throw them around, constantly remove and then put them back on the earphone, or treat them poorly. Washing them with warm water and letting them completely dry out before installing and using extends the lifetime. Plus, clean ears mean clean tips
ksc75smile.gif

If you have any other questions, feel free to send me a PM.

Jul 13, 2011 at 8:38 PM Post #459 of 1,431
His handle suggest he works as wal-mart security.  wal-mart and ethics?  seriously, what do you expect.

Quote:
Dude, its supposed to be for mp4nation members, might be good to respect them, just saying

Jul 14, 2011 at 10:19 AM Post #462 of 1,431
Haha thanks guys. I guess I shouldn't have posted the code anyway since that might've been unfair.  Didn't meant to stir anything. But anyway the deal is officially dead according to Raz, so cheers to those that benefitted!

I hope I don't run into any build quality issues. Got the Xears TD100II and the left driver died within a week. Got a Xears TDIII as a replacement and the same thing happened. Got another replacement and...exact same thing...all within days. Eventually gave up--might've been a batch issue though since people haven't had many complaints. 

I dug through and found my RE2 which I hated back then because they lacked bass, and found out I actually really enjoy them now! Turns out I was EQing the TDIII for more treble and mids, and my sound preferences changed quite a bit. 

All in all, really looking forward to the B2. I've always lurked around the DBA02 threads but never pulled the trigger...

Jul 14, 2011 at 10:59 AM Post #463 of 1,431
Hey, I got no issues with anyone bro, I'm not from mp4nation or anything, In fact I took advantage of the deal 
rolleyes.gif

Just saying that they might not like it. That is all.

I heard the B2 and GR07 last week and I preferred the GR07, but I couldnt resist pulling the trigger on this one. Kinda solves my TF10 itch after selling it.

Cheers to all new DBA-B2 owners! 

Jul 14, 2011 at 11:17 AM Post #464 of 1,431
Kaikot, Are you saying the B2 has a sound signature similar to the TF10?
TIA

Jul 14, 2011 at 11:44 AM Post #465 of 1,431

Quote:
Haha thanks guys. I guess I shouldn't have posted the code anyway since that might've been unfair.  Didn't meant to stir anything. But anyway the deal is officially dead according to Raz, so cheers to those that benefitted!

I hope I don't run into any build quality issues. Got the Xears TD100II and the left driver died within a week. Got a Xears TDIII as a replacement and the same thing happened. Got another replacement and...exact same thing...all within days. Eventually gave up--might've been a batch issue though since people haven't had many complaints. 

I dug through and found my RE2 which I hated back then because they lacked bass, and found out I actually really enjoy them now! Turns out I was EQing the TDIII for more treble and mids, and my sound preferences changed quite a bit. 

All in all, really looking forward to the B2. I've always lurked around the DBA02 threads but never pulled the trigger...

I think it's the lack of proper venting on the TD and like. Yours is not an isolated incident.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back