Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Jul 4, 2011 at 6:34 PM Post #406 of 1,431
the B2's are less bright than the DBA-02's? after listening to my B2's I thought they were bordering on the side of sounding artificial; I couldnt imagine an IEM needing any more definition.
I'll admit, while I found the mid-high's sounding a bit shrilly, not once did they ever sound piercing or unpleasant. Something I have never experienced before.

Jul 5, 2011 at 8:41 AM Post #407 of 1,431
Got my B2 today. came with 3 sets of rubber tips, aircraft plug, 1/4 inch adapter and 1 set of RED foam tips, which I thought was neat though I don't really use foam tips. Like what people have said before, it pretty much sounds exactly like my DBA-02, but ever so slightly less bright...possibly. In all honesty, I wouldn't be able to tell if you just handed one to me randomly. It came with a straight connector plug (just like the DBA-02), has the white and black cable (just like the DBA-02) and the dimensions of the casing is just like the DBA-02. Not that any of this is bad, since I like my DBA-02, and unfortunately, my DBA-02's straight connector is no longer straight (putting it in a jeans pocket without unplugging it= bad idea), also my DBA-02s black and white cable is more like black and grey/dirty white...

Whats disappointing, is that I also got a Brainwavz ProAlpha with the B2 (pre-order bonus). I like the Pro Alpha's cable more, it has a 90 deg plug, it seems more sturdy, it's case has a shiny silver Brainwavz logo (the B2's case was just black and blank), it came with 4 sets of rubber tips including a double flange and it came with a cable shirt clip thing. The box was also cooler...oh and it doesn't sound half bad. No, it can't compare with the (D)B(A)(-0)2 but hey, its $100 cheaper (and I got it for free). It would probably make for a good comparison with my Hippo VBs when I can be bothered.

Anyway, in my opinion Brainwavz has pretty much made a red DBA-02, and if you are deciding which one to buy, I'd just look at which one is cheaper... and how much you like the colour red...

Jul 5, 2011 at 9:04 AM Post #408 of 1,431
what?? straight plug? at first i'd have been 45 angle plug , then L plug , and now it comes to be straight?? does everyone got that plug? are you sure it's the final version and not the prototype?
blink.gif

Jul 5, 2011 at 9:10 AM Post #409 of 1,431

Quote:
what?? straight plug? at first i'd have been 45 angle plug , then L plug , and now it comes to be straight?? does everyone got that plug? are you sure it's the final version and not the prototype?
blink.gif

I remember reading that the first batch will have the straight plug because they don't want to further delay the release. The future batch will have the 45 degree or L plug (forget which).

Jul 5, 2011 at 9:54 AM Post #412 of 1,431

Quote:
I remember reading that the first batch will have the straight plug because they don't want to further delay the release. The future batch will have the 45 degree or L plug (forget which).

i remembered that too. but what I remembered was 1st batch L , future 45. but i'll check that again.
and dont get me wrong i like straight plugs as L. never tried 45 and dont seem to be good for a clip

Jul 5, 2011 at 12:53 PM Post #415 of 1,431

Quote:
Got my B2 today. came with 3 sets of rubber tips, aircraft plug, 1/4 inch adapter and 1 set of RED foam tips, which I thought was neat though I don't really use foam tips. Like what people have said before, it pretty much sounds exactly like my DBA-02, but ever so slightly less bright...possibly. In all honesty, I wouldn't be able to tell if you just handed one to me randomly. It came with a straight connector plug (just like the DBA-02), has the white and black cable (just like the DBA-02) and the dimensions of the casing is just like the DBA-02. Not that any of this is bad, since I like my DBA-02, and unfortunately, my DBA-02's straight connector is no longer straight (putting it in a jeans pocket without unplugging it= bad idea), also my DBA-02s black and white cable is more like black and grey/dirty white...

out of curiosity, have you done a comparison between both with the same ear tips? I wonder if the drivers and filters are all the same

Jul 5, 2011 at 1:51 PM Post #416 of 1,431

Quote:
out of curiosity, have you done a comparison between both with the same ear tips? I wonder if the drivers and filters are all the same

That is a good point.  Comply foam tips can dampen treble a little and give richer bass which would make things sound much less bright.  A change in seal can alter sound as well. 

Jul 5, 2011 at 9:41 PM Post #417 of 1,431
Better late than never. +1 on this :D

Quote:
[size=10pt]Aiming for the DBA-02’s sonic signature is not a bad way to go. They are remarkable, and to achieve their excellence would be a worthwhile endevour.[/size]
[size=10pt]To ‘improve’ on their abilities would be quite a feat, and those who own and / or appreciate the DBA-02 would probably line up for something ‘similar-but-better’.[/size]

Jul 5, 2011 at 11:43 PM Post #418 of 1,431
I got mine with a straight plug. Which is a good thing. Not too crazy about L or 45 plugs. The cabling does look a tad flimsy though. It's already starting to untwist at the plug there after a few hours of use. I might just go ahead and sleeve/heat shrink it or something

And it's either the silicon tips are too stiff or my right ear's a wuss. Needs adjusting around 40 mins or so or it will start to hurt. Anyone know of really soft tri flanges or really cheap foamies (one can wish right) . :D

Jul 6, 2011 at 12:17 AM Post #419 of 1,431
Sorry i mixed it up, the ones that come now in this first production batch will be straight 90 degree plugs, the next production batch will the L 45degree plugs. Sorry for the confusion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back