Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Apr 9, 2021 at 9:54 AM Post #1,426 of 1,431
Good news, this project is actually starting to take shape.

Just as an update to those interested, the Phoenix (B2) will:

- Will be made via 3D printing, durable and sturdy
- Will be ergonomically designed, it will not keep to the original design of the B2.
- We will keep to a small batch production run, sold directly from our own website rather than on Amazon or other platforms
- We will offer customers some degree of customization
- We hope to have preorder in place by mid July and ship by early to mid August 2019.

More updates soon...

From Brainwavz' Instagram:

The team loved the throwback to our old B2 Balanced Armature earphones, these were extremely popular in their day and we still get asked to re-make them now .. spoiler alert - we won’t be making them again – sorry [...]

Apr 10, 2021 at 3:00 AM Post #1,427 of 1,431
Nice to see there is a thread for my B2/dba02. I used them for about 5 years and they still work like new :) They sound distorted/shrill on most Schiit amps but very fine on the Apple dongle.
The bass is huge and not lacking to my ears but after one day or two their bass just seems to be somewhat soft and artificial. One-noted or non-textured or whatever kind of bass i think. Back to dynamic or ortho i feel right again :))

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2021 at 9:42 PM Post #1,430 of 1,431
Can anyone compare the B2 to the Andromeda in term of sound quality? How much is the upgradation? tks
I’m not certain this would be a fair comparison in the slightest. The B2 originally retailed for 160, the Adromeda is like 1000 dollar range.

Apr 11, 2021 at 9:49 PM Post #1,431 of 1,431
I’m not certain this would be a fair comparison in the slightest. The B2 originally retailed for 160, the Adromeda is like 1000 dollar range.
hehe I have listened to much more expensive iems/hps that sounded just slightly better than my B2 :)) I am just finding a new BA iem that has a B2's mids/treble plus a more-natural bass.
I don't know if the Andro is good in bass performance

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back