Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Sep 21, 2017 at 5:17 PM Post #1,396 of 1,431
I'm interested. I still have a pristine b2 in my collection and I always thought brainwavz should have updated it instead of discontinuing a real gem. One recommendation looking from the pictures though - the original its nozzle a bit too straight, you should definitely consider a nozzle, which is more angled toward the ear - probably something close to 30 degrees while now it seems almost straight

Sep 27, 2017 at 9:19 AM Post #1,397 of 1,431
I'm interested. I still have a pristine b2 in my collection and I always thought brainwavz should have updated it instead of discontinuing a real gem. One recommendation looking from the pictures though - the original its nozzle a bit too straight, you should definitely consider a nozzle, which is more angled toward the ear - probably something close to 30 degrees while now it seems almost straight

Yes the nozzle angle has been updated, it's the same angle as our other B series earphones, which most users seem to like for its ergonomics.

And first quick sneak peak, working prototype of the B2 Pheonix.

20170927_211800.jpg

Oh one more thing it will go on sale for under $100.

Attachments

• 2017-09-27 21.14.59.jpg
    2017-09-27 21.14.59.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Sep 27, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #1,398 of 1,431
Yes the nozzle angle has been updated, it's the same angle as our other B series earphones, which most users seem to like for its ergonomics.

And first quick sneak peak, working prototype of the B2 Pheonix.

Oh one more thing it will go on sale for under $100.

Nice! I like how you retained the original design of the housing and it looks great. Btw, is that a frosty housing like the b400?
Oh, and quite a proper name for such revival.

Sep 27, 2017 at 11:27 PM Post #1,400 of 1,431
Nice! I like how you retained the original design of the housing and it looks great. Btw, is that a frosty housing like the b400?
Oh, and quite a proper name for such revival.

That's the same frosty style material as the B400, the Pheonix housing will be entirely 3D printed and everything assembled in-house. We will probably keep the B2 to limited small batch productions only rather than a continuously made product.

Will this have the same signature as the original b2?

Yes, the Pheonix will use the same driver and crossover as the original B2, however for the sake of transparency, the FR is about 99% the same, the difference, outside of margin of error, is essentially down to the difference in the housing material between the two versions as the even the internal structure of the housing has been kept the same as the original. In terms of real world, they sound totally the same.

Sep 27, 2017 at 11:41 PM Post #1,402 of 1,431
Will always be one of my faves...
The Q-Jays are excellent and have a very similar signature... but for $100 to get back to the B2. I'm in.

Sep 28, 2017 at 2:16 AM Post #1,403 of 1,431
In that case sign me up for a preorder. How far out is the release date?

The housing should be finalized in the coming days, we're really just waiting on the drivers to come in, so it could be early as mid of October they would be ready to ship. We may/may not do a preorder depending on how much time we have.

Will always be one of my faves...
The Q-Jays are excellent and have a very similar signature... but for $100 to get back to the B2. I'm in.

:beerchug:

Nov 12, 2017 at 1:47 PM Post #1,409 of 1,431
Me as well, quite interested in an IEM suitable for classical, so B2 seems a sensible candidate. No news is bad news?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back