Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Jan 14, 2014 at 8:15 PM Post #1,336 of 1,431
Thanks, will check them. I still prefer bi / tri-flanges, wanted to order Etymotic tri-flange but Comply are doing good jobs with reducing harshness. 

Jan 16, 2014 at 3:28 AM Post #1,337 of 1,431
Which full-size headphones sharing the traits of B2 would you recommend if I really like B2?
Bright, energetic, somewhat aggressive, with amazing clarity, beautiful mids and enough bass for non-bassheads?

Jan 17, 2014 at 3:10 AM Post #1,339 of 1,431
  what's your budget? you want a 'closed' or 'open' back?

Budget is under $350, don't care very much for closed vs open.
From what I heard, open headphones offer wider soundstage and brighter sound, so, in theory, open ones should be closer to B2.
But if there are some closed alternatives, let me know!

Jan 17, 2014 at 3:58 AM Post #1,340 of 1,431
From what I heard, open headphones offer wider soundstage and brighter sound, so, in theory, open ones should be closer to B2.

On a side note.......pls remember open HPs best for indoors.

AKG has a closed HP model that offers same sound signature as open. Model 550. But pls make a research for urself before you opt and wait for some more to pour.

Jan 17, 2014 at 10:41 AM Post #1,341 of 1,431
buy $50 Takstar Pro80 that gets amazing reviews against much pricey gear. Save money for better  IEM or DAC/Amp :)

Jan 17, 2014 at 12:37 PM Post #1,342 of 1,431

I would say ATH-AD900X, although it's not as analytical, but it is as detailed and has wider soundstage.

Mar 16, 2014 at 11:06 AM Post #1,346 of 1,431

Looks like my B2 (8 months old) kicked the bucket. During my recent flight the right channel lost its power. It looks that it happened after they were thrown off into a cup with some coffee at the bottom. Tried to dry, still no luck.

Looking for a replacement. Maybe, Fischer Audio DBA-02 MKII. 

Mar 18, 2014 at 7:05 AM Post #1,348 of 1,431
Hi, I am debating getting the B2 however I had major fit issues with Shure earphones, how do the B2 fit? Do the drivers sit in the concha?

Pic @ the top R corner of the page under 'Recent images in this thread' should give you a good idea of 'typical' fit (assuming you'll be wearing cable 'over ear')

Mar 18, 2014 at 7:45 AM Post #1,350 of 1,431
So I guess I will probably have issues with the B2 then :frown:

The earpieces are quite small, and the angle of the nozzles means you can get them seriously deep. Plenty of people seem to have fit issues with them, I must admit it took me a few months of fiddling around with them to get it just right, but I was happy when I did; the way I wore them probably wouldn't be for everyone though given I wore them so deep the earpieces were rather tight (by most people's standards) up against the lower part of the concha in my case (that would cause irritation for some people, no doubt).

Sounds like you might have problems with them though (based on that one sentence), so perhaps you might want to look at something else unless you'd be happy to resell at a loss if they didn't work out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back