Brainwavz Audio B400 4-Way Quad Driver 3D Printed IEM
Nov 12, 2017 at 10:22 AM Post #498 of 1,463
Nov 12, 2017 at 3:50 PM Post #501 of 1,463
Glad yo see you back in the action Moe! Your impressions just make me more itch to receive mine!
Thanks so much! I’m currently at a rehabilitation facility in San Pedro, working hard to positively progress!

I hope you sincerely enjoy whatever you’re going to get!

Nov 12, 2017 at 8:36 PM Post #503 of 1,463
Thanks for the update - I was wondering if there is any difference to the durability of the clear finish vs the colors? It sees the colors show more fingerprints and would be more susceptible to chips/scratches since it has an extra layer on top? or is it not a concern? Also is it more likely for the clear or the color to get shipped quicker after the preorder ends? Thanks!

Just received the good news that the drivers should be in our office tomorrow.

If everything goes as plan ed we should have the first units of this new batch shipped out by Wednesday evening.

We will let the preorder continue till wednesday.

Nov 13, 2017 at 5:16 AM Post #504 of 1,463
I'm very happy with the sound on my B400s. Unfortunately, one of the nozzles snapped off when putting the comply tips. Brainwavz was gracious enough to go ahead with a replacement unit through their RMA process.

However, with the upcoming BF sales, I was thinking of getting this reshelled along with several other CIEMs / IEMs (Inearz). I'm trying to decide whether its worth having this reshelled into a custom without wrecking the sound. The universal has a single bore, and a believe there was mention of a 3d printed waveguide structure that connects the nozzle and drivers. This would have to be replaced with traditional tubes and dampers.

So would the sound change significantly if remolded into a CIEM, would it be worth it?

https://imgur.com/a/cbAlJ
cbAlJ

Attachments

• IMG-0516.JPG
    IMG-0516.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 13, 2017 at 7:40 AM Post #505 of 1,463
The B400 is such an excellent sounding IEM and in my opinion an intelligent buy for what you’re getting.

Welcome back Moe, good to see your on the mend, i hope that you have a speedy recovery :)

That's a real shame on the delay, was looking fwd to getting them before that. Why aren't you selling the cable upgrades on Amazon UK?

When these go up on Amazon UK will they be delivered from within the UK or Hong Kong? Prime hopefully :)

We can't really do the mix and matching on Amazon, those things are better left to our own site. However once we have B400 on Amazon UK we will have the cables too, be it sold seperately, should a person from the UK buy off our own site and choose the cable upgrades, we would actually end up having the B400 and the cables sent from Amazon UK warehouse. We tend to fulfill our orders that come through our own site from the UK and EU through Amazon UK warehouse, same goes with people in USA, we use amazon USA warehouses to fulfill orders, nothing is actually shipped from Hong Kong unless its not available at a Amazon warehouse.

Thanks for the update - I was wondering if there is any difference to the durability of the clear finish vs the colors? It sees the colors show more fingerprints and would be more susceptible to chips/scratches since it has an extra layer on top? or is it not a concern? Also is it more likely for the clear or the color to get shipped quicker after the preorder ends? Thanks!

They are pretty much as durable, but with anything that is enameled, like the B400 with color, if they are dropped on a hard surface, it could chip the enamel.

I'm very happy with the sound on my B400s. Unfortunately, one of the nozzles snapped off when putting the comply tips. Brainwavz was gracious enough to go ahead with a replacement unit through their RMA process.

However, with the upcoming BF sales, I was thinking of getting this reshelled along with several other CIEMs / IEMs (Inearz). I'm trying to decide whether its worth having this reshelled into a custom without wrecking the sound. The universal has a single bore, and a believe there was mention of a 3d printed waveguide structure that connects the nozzle and drivers. This would have to be replaced with traditional tubes and dampers.

So would the sound change significantly if remolded into a CIEM, would it be worth it?
cbAlJ

Sorry that did happen, i am glad we could get it replaced asap.

Unfortunately i can't say how the sound would change if made into a CIEM, the 3D printed boot (waveguide) is different from what normal pvc tubes can do and can't be replicated through tubes, i would have to assume the sound would not be the same. I do need to also point out the warranty would be invalidated if you do reshell them into a CIEM.

Update on the preorder:

We began to assemble late this afternoon, we are producing first the Frosty and then the color variations. I expect all Frosty preorders to ship by Thursday and colored variations will start to ship on Friday, it will take us a few extra days to do all the colored variations, so i expect all color B400 to be shipped latest by next Tuesday (hopefully sooner than that). Orders are being processed from oldest to newest.

Currently the first assembled lot are burning in, first shipments of Frosty will be out tomorrow evening.

Nov 13, 2017 at 7:58 AM Post #506 of 1,463
Welcome back Moe, good to see your on the mend, i hope that you have a speedy recovery :)

It’s good to be back to So Cal from Bulgaria and Germany. San Pedro is a great rehab facility, so I’m looking forward to positive strides every day! Also thanks for the B400 updates!

We can't really do the mix and matching on Amazon, those things are better left to our own site. However once we have B400 on Amazon UK we will have the cables too, be it sold seperately, should a person from the UK buy off our own site and choose the cable upgrades, we would actually end up having the B400 and the cables sent from Amazon UK warehouse. We tend to fulfill our orders that come through our own site from the UK and EU through Amazon UK warehouse, same goes with people in USA, we use amazon USA warehouses to fulfill orders, nothing is actually shipped from Hong Kong unless its not available at a Amazon warehouse.

They are pretty much as durable, but with anything that is enameled, like the B400 with color, if they are dropped on a hard surface, it could chip the enamel.

Sorry that did happen, i am glad we could get it replaced asap.

Unfortunately i can't say how the sound would change if made into a CIEM, the 3D printed boot (waveguide) is different from what normal pvc tubes can do and can't be replicated through tubes, i would have to assume the sound would not be the same. I do need to also point out the warranty would be invalidated if you do reshell them into a CIEM.

Update on the preorder:

We began to assemble late this afternoon, we are producing first the Frosty and then the color variations. I expect all Frosty preorders to ship by Thursday and colored variations will start to ship on Friday, it will take us a few extra days to do all the colored variations, so i expect all color B400 to be shipped latest by next Tuesday (hopefully sooner than that). Orders are being processed from oldest to newest.

Currently the first assembled lot are burning in, first shipments of Frosty will be out tomorrow evening.

It’s good to be back to So Cal from Bulgaria and Germany. San Pedro is a great rehab facility, so I’m looking forward to positive strides every day! Also thanks for the B400 updates!

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2017 at 4:23 PM Post #509 of 1,463

Hey Dawg...
It's really great to see you back and posting. You had us worried.
Wishing you all the very best... speedy recovery, and many, many more G-shocks to you.
Cheers
RD

Nov 13, 2017 at 5:32 PM Post #510 of 1,463
Hey Dawg...
It's really great to see you back and posting. You had us worried.
Wishing you all the very best... speedy recovery, and many, many more G-shocks to you.
Cheers
RD
Nice to hear from you and thanks for the kind words! Rehab is going well so far and hopefully the next few days will go quite swimmingly!

I purchased a custom Real Madrid Home Jersey, may purchase a team Germany World Cup jersey and may even purchase a G Shock or two - we shall see!

Hope to see you at the next SF Meet or CanJam SoCal. Much love to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back