Brainwavz Audio B400 4-Way Quad Driver 3D Printed IEM
Jun 19, 2020 at 12:35 AM Post #1,456 of 1,463
Depends on how much you love them I guess, when they told you glue would void the warranty (I’m still puzzled on that) I mean when you contacted them were they still under warranty? Did you also ask as mentioned what they would charge you to replace that shell if it was not really under warranty? Was there something like an event that made the nozzle break off? I’m like why even mention the warranty and not mention a solution:confused: something just seems to be amiss to me.
They're still under warranty. They asked me to send them to them so that they could repair them but I really can't with all the restrictions. If I remember right, the nozzle broke off because of comply foam tips, it got stuck in the tips because the tips were too tight.

Jun 19, 2020 at 1:15 AM Post #1,457 of 1,463
They're still under warranty. They asked me to send them to them so that they could repair them but I really can't with all the restrictions. If I remember right, the nozzle broke off because of comply foam tips, it got stuck in the tips because the tips were too tight.

Ah, I see now. We can do returns here in the US but it can have severely delayed shipping both ways. Good luck with the repair/replacement

Nov 7, 2020 at 2:07 PM Post #1,459 of 1,463
I had these for a while and never liked them much. I think that the problem is that the company tried to make them too bassy, and they overdamped them. As a result, they sound bassy alright, but also muddy, without treble and definition. As you can see in the pic of the previous page of this thread (the broken earphone), they are designed as a a two-way earphone, with the woofer outlet with a green Knowles damper (1500ohm) that filters out the mids and treble, and the tweeter with a white knowles filter (600ohm) to keep the high frequencies under control. Trouble is, this white filter (IMHO) is excessive, and a grey (300ohm) would be better, keeping some treble and clarity without making it too shouty. The design however makes impossible to swap them. My solution was (under a loupe) use a very thin needle (a 30G needle, like the ones used to inject insulin) to make a hole in the center of the white filter. This allows for some more forward treble and mids. It improves it, IMO, and makes it more enjoyable.

Nov 7, 2020 at 4:02 PM Post #1,460 of 1,463
I had these for a while and never liked them much. I think that the problem is that the company tried to make them too bassy, and they overdamped them. As a result, they sound bassy alright, but also muddy, without treble and definition. As you can see in the pic of the previous page of this thread (the broken earphone), they are designed as a a two-way earphone, with the woofer outlet with a green Knowles damper (1500ohm) that filters out the mids and treble, and the tweeter with a white knowles filter (600ohm) to keep the high frequencies under control. Trouble is, this white filter (IMHO) is excessive, and a grey (300ohm) would be better, keeping some treble and clarity without making it too shouty. The design however makes impossible to swap them. My solution was (under a loupe) use a very thin needle (a 30G needle, like the ones used to inject insulin) to make a hole in the center of the white filter. This allows for some more forward treble and mids. It improves it, IMO, and makes it more enjoyable.

If you find these to be bassy something is seriously wrong. You should have returned them for replacement instead of starring sticking needles in them.....

Jan 1, 2021 at 4:08 AM Post #1,461 of 1,463
Had them for around 2 years now using a balanced cable to my A&K and can't complain at this price level but still having an eye on the Westone pro 50

Jan 26, 2021 at 10:54 AM Post #1,462 of 1,463
I got a pair secondhand for a hundo in November 2018. I've enjoyed them quite a bit, esp considering what I paid for them.

Main use lately has been for working out, got a Shure mmcx bluetooth adapter with aptx that sounds very decent for bluetooth.

December 2020, I was taking them out of my ears after a run, and the left one just split wide open.

2021-01-19_14-53-10.jpg

Managed to repair them with a verrrrry delicate soldering job and a very messy super glue job (lol, I'm only good at one of those), and they're back in action.

2021-01-24_16-05-22.jpg

Not sure for how long, though, so now I'm off researching new IEMs. It never ends, does it? And dang, the field sure has blown up in the past two years! Anyone tried out a pair of Moondrop Blessing 2s?

Jun 3, 2021 at 8:48 PM Post #1,463 of 1,463
I got a pair secondhand for a hundo in November 2018. I've enjoyed them quite a bit, esp considering what I paid for them.

Main use lately has been for working out, got a Shure mmcx bluetooth adapter with aptx that sounds very decent for bluetooth.

December 2020, I was taking them out of my ears after a run, and the left one just split wide open.

2021-01-19_14-53-10.jpg

Managed to repair them with a verrrrry delicate soldering job and a very messy super glue job (lol, I'm only good at one of those), and they're back in action.

2021-01-24_16-05-22.jpg

Not sure for how long, though, so now I'm off researching new IEMs. It never ends, does it? And dang, the field sure has blown up in the past two years! Anyone tried out a pair of Moondrop Blessing 2s?
I would recommend trying Weston as much as your budget allows all the way to the 5 drivers model

Users who are viewing this thread

Back