BQEYZ in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Apr 14, 2020 at 9:22 AM Post #1,006 of 1,701
Hey folks, hope you're all staying happy and well during these difficult times!

Just updating this thread with my review of the BQEYZ Spring 1. There're plenty of opinions on this earphone but, as my first experience with the company, I was still really surprised by the sound. The bass is very well-developed and high-quality while the midrange is natural and clear. From my experience with high-end ceramic tweeter IEMs, I can certainly say that the Spring 1 gives listeners a taste of that experience at a substantially lower cost. If you'd like some details about the technology in addition to my full thoughts on the sound and how the Spring 1 compares to competitors, I invite you to take a look at the review on Everyday Listening and Head-Fi, thank you!

With regards to this question, I tested the Spring 1 with a wide range of sources. I find the bass especially requires more power, it was ideal from my desktop amp (JDS Atom) but honestly, just fine from a dongle. I think my most comparable source to the Meizu ones would be the Cozoy Takt-C (~28mW per channel), it sounded well-controlled and natural throughout from this source. The Meizu I've also seen, measures very well so I'm sure you'll have a good experience with it, cheers!
general dac question : is "28mW per channel" , "28mW dual channel" , "2x28mW" and "28 mW" all equivalent ?

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2020 at 9:45 AM Post #1,007 of 1,701
general dac question : is "28mW per channel" , "28mW dual channel" , "2x28mW" and "28 mW" all equivalent ?

The power output will be dictated by the amplifier, the DAC just processes the digital audio signal into an analogue signal that requires later amplification.

Some amps will state the total power output, some per channel. 28mW per channel would indicate a total power output of 56mW without considering other factors.

Note the impedance load. One manufacturer may quote "50mW @ 8ohm" another "5mW @ 300ohms", the 5mW amp will be more powerful as that is the output with a higher impedance load.

There are other factors with a multi-driver earphone such as output impedance. I understand that's a lot to process, I would definitely recommend looking at audiosciencereviews where the reviewers do the hard work for you haha, they have a review of the Meizu dongle and I recall it performing well in output impedance and power output.

Apr 14, 2020 at 12:31 PM Post #1,008 of 1,701
The power output will be dictated by the amplifier, the DAC just processes the digital audio signal into an analogue signal that requires later amplification.

Some amps will state the total power output, some per channel. 28mW per channel would indicate a total power output of 56mW without considering other factors.

Note the impedance load. One manufacturer may quote "50mW @ 8ohm" another "5mW @ 300ohms", the 5mW amp will be more powerful as that is the output with a higher impedance load.

There are other factors with a multi-driver earphone such as output impedance. I understand that's a lot to process, I would definitely recommend looking at audiosciencereviews where the reviewers do the hard work for you haha, they have a review of the Meizu dongle and I recall it performing well in output impedance and power output.
is audiosciencereviews measuring total power or a single channel power ? because for the meizu non pro that is a CS43131 dual 30mW/32 ohms it measures 49mW/33 ohms but when it measures the the meizu pro it only measures 87mW/33 ohms when the OPA1622 is a dual 100mW/32ohms so it no longer seems to measure total power output in this latter case )

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2020 at 7:50 PM Post #1,009 of 1,701
is audiosciencereviews measuring total power or a single channel power ? because for the meizu non pro that is a CS43131 dual 30mW/32 ohms it measures 49mW/33 ohms but when it measures the the meizu pro it only measures 87mW/33 ohms when the OPA1622 is a dual 100mW/32ohms so it no longer seems to measure total power output in this latter case )

Re total power vs single channel, really don't get caught up too much on the power output, there are too many other variables beyond it that will affect sound. You just need enough and then it's all overkill. Just nail the fundamentals, low output impedance, linear FR, black noise floor and you will be very happy.

I recall in the past that many dongles were limited by the amount of power that phones could output, obviously, an amp cannot spit out 100mW if it is receiving 50mW of power from the phone. I think that may have changed with USB-C or it may vary device to device. You can look up the exact DAC/AMP setup on both but the specifications there will represent the ideals, we have no way of knowing the actual specs of the implementation without measurements or unless states by the manufacturer.

Apr 19, 2020 at 2:35 AM Post #1,011 of 1,701
What is the connector type for these BQEYZ? what's that rectangular protrusion connector called?

Are you talking about the cable? They use a 0.78mm 2-pin connector. The rectangular protrusion for what's called a recessed connector. If you want to buy an aftermarket cable, make sure it was that extra step to clear the recession. Cheers!

Apr 19, 2020 at 2:37 AM Post #1,012 of 1,701
Are you talking about the cable? They use a 0.78mm 2-pin connector. The rectangular protrusion for what's called a recessed connector. If you want to buy an aftermarket cable, make sure it was that extra step to clear the recession. Cheers!
Yes, I know. That's why I am asking! What's it called or referred to as so I can buy the right thing?

Apr 19, 2020 at 2:43 AM Post #1,013 of 1,701
Yes, I know. That's why I am asking! What's it called or referred to as so I can buy the right thing?

It's a recessed 0.78 2-pin connector. There're also 0.75mm 2-pin cables so make sure the size is right. Also make sure it has this bit pictured below:
-1669112718-1639431100~2.jpg

If it lacks the black bit, it won't clear the recessed connector. Almost any cable with the protrusion will fit the spring 1.

Apr 19, 2020 at 9:57 AM Post #1,014 of 1,701

It’s referred to as a recessed 2-pin connector, but no Chinese seller is going to know what that means.

You are just going to have to carefully examine the photos the seller posts in their product listing to see if a particular cable is recessed or not.

Here’s a good example of the difference between a recessed 2-pin and a non-recessed 2-pin. The recessed has the much longer plastic bit at the end.

86228BF8-B61C-4170-A354-B5B602033BD6.jpeg

Apr 19, 2020 at 9:18 PM Post #1,015 of 1,701
BQEYZ connector is recessed 2 pin. From @Slater 's pic, you will need the most top 1 or no 3 from above, dont buy the no. 2 or 4 (top to bottom order)

Apr 19, 2020 at 10:12 PM Post #1,017 of 1,701
The Spring 1 "sort of" ruined my listening experience when I'm not using my dap (iBasso Dx160). I'm using them on the Dx160 with a balanced cable and I absolutely love them for all genres I listen too, and I listen to a lot of different stuff ranging from classical to synthwave to powermetal. Basically the only genre not on my playlist is rap. The reason why they ruined my listening experience is that I don't usually have time to swap cables around to use the Spring 1 all the time, and when I used my over iems on my laptop I'm like:"Oh.....oh....", and that's even when using a good dac/amp.
I'm now in a situation where every time I go to my local store to try out their new arrivals in the 100/200$ price range I never feel the urge to open my wallet. Some gear may sound a bit better for specific genres, some iems sound "different" rather than "better" so they may appeal to some people but not to others, but I've yet to hear something that makes me go:"Oh wow, I do need this alongside my Spring 1 or to replace them".

I had no way to audit them before purchasing them and I'm really glad I decided to buy them.

Apr 21, 2020 at 3:33 PM Post #1,018 of 1,701
i just recieved my spring1 and i notice i have a ground loop that makes a buzzing sound when spring1 is plugged in my phone or laptop even when i don't play music. this happens only when my phone or laptop is plugged in the the ac, when on battery,there is no buzz, if i touch my laptop or phone metal chassis with my finger the buzz go away . has my spring1 defective grounding ? must i return it or someone has a workaround to avoid this buzz ? ( my kz zs10 pro does not have this problem at all ) thanks

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2020 at 7:04 PM Post #1,019 of 1,701
i just recieved my spring1 and i notice i have a ground loop that makes a buzzing sound when spring1 is plugged in my phone or laptop even when i don't play music. this happens only when my phone or laptop is plugged in the the ac, when on battery,there is no buzz, if i touch my laptop or phone metal chassis with my finger the buzz go away . has my spring1 defective grounding ? must i return it or someone has a workaround to avoid this buzz ? ( my kz zs10 pro does not have this problem at all ) thanks

If the charger is plugged into a power board, try plugging it into its own outlet if possible.

Apr 22, 2020 at 6:58 AM Post #1,020 of 1,701
If the charger is plugged into a power board, try plugging it into its own outlet if possible.
my laptop charger or phone charger are plugged directly into the wall socket, the difference i get is if i am barefoot on the floor (wood) or i wear shoes (lower level of hum due to soles insulation i guess). why are some iem not sensitive to this hum problem (like my zs10 pro) ?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back