BQEYZ in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Apr 3, 2020 at 2:28 PM Post #991 of 1,701
it seems unanimous that spring1 needs power to shine, it is kind of disappointing because i am waiting for mine but have no powerful source. a $140 iem that needs a $400 source to work well is no longer a $140 iem it is a $540 iem, has someone tried the meizu hifi standard dac ($22 49mw) or the pro version ($40 84mw) will any of these be enough power to make it shine ? thanks

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2020 at 2:53 PM Post #992 of 1,701
Assuming you have a balanced amp (or some other source with balanced output like ES100), all you need is a balanced IEM cable for the spring 1.
that was the point of my question how can a passive cable convert balanced audio to unbalanced ? isn't that typically called a 'pseudo-balanced' cable ?

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2020 at 3:49 PM Post #993 of 1,701

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2020 at 3:53 PM Post #994 of 1,701
Dude just doesn't understand what balanced is. Do a little reading/research maybe.

Apr 3, 2020 at 4:11 PM Post #995 of 1,701

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2020 at 4:11 PM Post #996 of 1,701
Will you please shut the **** up? Buy that IEM and try it by yourself! You are spamming a whole thread with your passive/aggressive attitude. Are you confined in your appartement and need social contact ? Open the window, take a bowl of fresh air and think again.

Now, behave and follow the rules of this website.
about the spamming i asked 13 questions after reading the whole 66 pages of the forum, that is 1 question every 5 pages, sorry that they appeared as grouped spam it is because i asked them over a 8 hours span as i read the 66 pages

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2020 at 4:17 PM Post #997 of 1,701

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2020 at 4:18 PM Post #998 of 1,701
How do I know if 50mw are enough ? Don't know your listening habits (volume and source), sound signature preferences, etc... You seem to be quite unexperienced in your way of communicating and spamming a whole thread with your own interrogation while quicky being aggressive with people that shared content and impression. Stop that egoistic behaviour, you are at the wrong place
i was asking if 50mw was enough because there is a 49 mw meizu usb dac at $22 as a possible source, sorry if i appeared aggressive it was not my intention

Apr 3, 2020 at 4:25 PM Post #999 of 1,701
that was the point of my question how can a passive cable convert balanced audio to unbalanced ? isn't that typically called a 'pseudo-balanced' cable ?

The stock cables that come with most earphones are ‘single ended‘. In other words, the ground from the R and L sides are merged/shorted together into a single ground. Of course, the R+ and L+ are already separate.

A balanced cable keeps the R ground 100% separate from the L ground, from the source all of the way to each driver. And just like the single ended design, the R+ and L+ are separate as well.

This is why single ended cables have 3 separate poles on their end (called TRS). A R+, L+, and shared ground. But balanced cables always have 4 poles (called TRRS). A R+, R-, L+, and L-.

79E76A68-D228-47B6-863B-08DDFAB927D7.jpeg

There’s no pseudo anything. With a balanced setup, all driver signals are kept separate and independent. But as I stated before, you need a source with a balanced output to utilize a balanced cable.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2020 at 5:36 PM Post #1,000 of 1,701

You must be understanding something wrong. A cable doesn’t covert balanced signal to unbalanced or vice versa. Whether you get balanced signal or not is dependent on your source and how the cable is wired. The way the cable is wired is really how you get balanced signal to your IEM. That’s why you need both a balanced source and a balanced cable.

The Spring 1 uses a 2-pin CIEM connection, their inputs are ‘-‘ and ‘+’. Typically for single-ended cables/sources, the ‘+’ on each side is connected to the ‘L’ or ‘R’ with both of the ‘-‘ connected to ‘GND’. For balanced setup, each side is either connected to ‘L+/L-’ or ‘R+/R-‘.

Edit: typos

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2020 at 5:57 PM Post #1,001 of 1,701
The stock cables that come with most earphones are ‘single ended‘. In other words, the ground from the R and L sides are merged/shorted together into a single ground. Of course, the R+ and L+ are already separate.

A balanced cable keeps the R ground 100% separate from the L ground, from the source all of the way to each driver. And just like the single ended design, the R+ and L+ are separate as well.

This is why single ended cables have 3 separate poles on their end (called TRS). A R+, L+, and shared ground. But balanced cables always have 4 poles (called TRRS). A R+, R-, L+, and L-.

There’s no pseudo anything. With a balanced setup, all driver signals are kept separate and independent. But as I stated before, you need a source with a balanced output to utilize a balanced cable.
sorry i confused balanced audio signal as you described it (4 wires required for stereo) with differential audio signal (6 wires required for stereo)

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2020 at 5:03 AM Post #1,003 of 1,701
Hey folks, hope you're all staying happy and well during these difficult times!

Just updating this thread with my review of the BQEYZ Spring 1. There're plenty of opinions on this earphone but, as my first experience with the company, I was still really surprised by the sound. The bass is very well-developed and high-quality while the midrange is natural and clear. From my experience with high-end ceramic tweeter IEMs, I can certainly say that the Spring 1 gives listeners a taste of that experience at a substantially lower cost. If you'd like some details about the technology in addition to my full thoughts on the sound and how the Spring 1 compares to competitors, I invite you to take a look at the review on Everyday Listening and Head-Fi, thank you!

it seems unanimous that spring1 needs power to shine, it is kind of disappointing because i am waiting for mine but have no powerful source. a $140 iem that needs a $400 source to work well is no longer a $140 iem it is a $540 iem, has someone tried the meizu hifi standard dac ($22 49mw) or the pro version ($40 84mw) will any of these be enough power to make it shine ? thanks

With regards to this question, I tested the Spring 1 with a wide range of sources. I find the bass especially requires more power, it was ideal from my desktop amp (JDS Atom) but honestly, just fine from a dongle. I think my most comparable source to the Meizu ones would be the Cozoy Takt-C (~28mW per channel), it sounded well-controlled and natural throughout from this source. The Meizu I've also seen, measures very well so I'm sure you'll have a good experience with it, cheers!

Apr 14, 2020 at 8:12 AM Post #1,004 of 1,701
Hey folks, hope you're all staying happy and well during these difficult times!

Just updating this thread with my review of the BQEYZ Spring 1. There're plenty of opinions on this earphone but, as my first experience with the company, I was still really surprised by the sound. The bass is very well-developed and high-quality while the midrange is natural and clear. From my experience with high-end ceramic tweeter IEMs, I can certainly say that the Spring 1 gives listeners a taste of that experience at a substantially lower cost. If you'd like some details about the technology in addition to my full thoughts on the sound and how the Spring 1 compares to competitors, I invite you to take a look at the review on Everyday Listening and Head-Fi, thank you!

With regards to this question, I tested the Spring 1 with a wide range of sources. I find the bass especially requires more power, it was ideal from my desktop amp (JDS Atom) but honestly, just fine from a dongle. I think my most comparable source to the Meizu ones would be the Cozoy Takt-C (~28mW per channel), it sounded well-controlled and natural throughout from this source. The Meizu I've also seen, measures very well so I'm sure you'll have a good experience with it, cheers!

love your photo.. and our spring 1 !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back