BQEYZ in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Apr 23, 2020 at 12:53 PM Post #1,021 of 1,701
my laptop charger or phone charger are plugged directly into the wall socket, the difference i get is if i am barefoot on the floor (wood) or i wear shoes (lower level of hum due to soles insulation i guess). why are some iem not sensitive to this hum problem (like my zs10 pro) ?
solved : my zs10 pro is plastic, spring1 is metal, when i put a plastic wrap around spring1 to prevent electrical conduction from metal shell to my ear skin, the buzz is no longer here. did bqeyz forgot to spray an electric insulating paint over the metal shell or is my spring1 defective and i must return it ? can someone with spring1 plug it in a source such as smartphone, dap or bluetooth receiver while source is charging via usb charger plugged in the ac wall and check for the 50hz hum ?, it should stop when source is unplugged from ac. ( i tried with bluetooth receiver, sony xperia xz premium, iphone se). buzz is stronger when you feet touches the floor without shoes on(insulation from soles reducing buzz intensity) and rememeber that if you hold source touching the metal chassis there is no buzz (for example put the iphone on your desk ). thanks

Last edited:
May 4, 2020 at 6:00 AM Post #1,022 of 1,701
I've had the Spring 1 for quite some time and the Starfield for a couple of days. While I do believe the Starfield are pretty good, I far prefer the Spring 1 for everything except detail (the Starfield clearly resolve more). Is there anyone who owns them both and has a similar opinion?

May 4, 2020 at 8:18 PM Post #1,023 of 1,701
I've had the Spring 1 for quite some time and the Starfield for a couple of days. While I do believe the Starfield are pretty good, I far prefer the Spring 1 for everything except detail (the Starfield clearly resolve more). Is there anyone who owns them both and has a similar opinion?

You're definitely not alone there. Spring 1 and Starfield are both excellent offerings but appeal to different audiences. Definitely good to note that though the tuning may be excellent, it doesn't mean the quality of the driver is. You can observe this by comparing Moondrop's own models that all aim for a target sound but also have clearly different characteristics. At the end of the day, you've made good choices and it's great to have a few different sounds on hand to provide contrast with different genres of music, cheers :)

May 11, 2020 at 2:19 AM Post #1,024 of 1,701
You're definitely not alone there. Spring 1 and Starfield are both excellent offerings but appeal to different audiences. Definitely good to note that though the tuning may be excellent, it doesn't mean the quality of the driver is. You can observe this by comparing Moondrop's own models that all aim for a target sound but also have clearly different characteristics. At the end of the day, you've made good choices and it's great to have a few different sounds on hand to provide contrast with different genres of music, cheers :)

I think my...I wouldn't call it disappointment, but maybe confusion?....with the Starfield is that for months I've seen them praised everywhere, being considered a must buy in their price range, receive massively positively reviews from many popular Youtubers etc etc. I do like them and it's easy to tell that jumping from 50~$ iems like many KZ, TRN etc is a huge step up....but at the same time I'm let wondering:"Where's the hype for the Spring 1?". For many genres I'd gladly take the Spring 1 over the Starfield, so I'm left thinking that maybe BQEYZ should improve their marketing strategy.
I think that if the SF were my first IEM above 100$ I'd be blown away by them, but already owning the Spring 1 I don't feel like that at all. It's cool to now have two good IEMs with a very different sound signature, so I can keep one with my dap and one for my laptop. With that said, if I had to keep only one set it would be the Spring 1 and it wouldn't be a hard decision at all.

May 11, 2020 at 2:53 AM Post #1,025 of 1,701
I think my...I wouldn't call it disappointment, but maybe confusion?....with the Starfield is that for months I've seen them praised everywhere, being considered a must buy in their price range, receive massively positively reviews from many popular Youtubers etc etc. I do like them and it's easy to tell that jumping from 50~$ iems like many KZ, TRN etc is a huge step up....but at the same time I'm let wondering:"Where's the hype for the Spring 1?". For many genres I'd gladly take the Spring 1 over the Starfield, so I'm left thinking that maybe BQEYZ should improve their marketing strategy.
I think that if the SF were my first IEM above 100$ I'd be blown away by them, but already owning the Spring 1 I don't feel like that at all. It's cool to now have two good IEMs with a very different sound signature, so I can keep one with my dap and one for my laptop. With that said, if I had to keep only one set it would be the Spring 1 and it wouldn't be a hard decision at all.
So what you are suggesting is that how much praise an IEM gets is largely a matter of 'marketing strategy', not a matter of inherent SQ. I don't disagree with you.

May 11, 2020 at 3:16 AM Post #1,026 of 1,701
So what you are suggesting is that how much praise an IEM gets is largely a matter of 'marketing strategy', not a matter of inherent SQ. I don't disagree with you.

More than the praise I'd say the attention that an iem or headphone gets may have to do with marketing. Without making names, have a look at how many popular reviewers had a review for the Starfield soon after they were released or shortly after that, then do the same for the Spring 1. If the SF were trash I have no doubt that most people would consider them trash regardless of marketing. They are pretty good though, so I think the positive feedback they receive from reviewers and from users on this forum is very well deserved. With that said, the Spring 1 are in the same price range, have more (and better tips) included in the box, the cable is FAR better than the one on the SF and for several musical genres to my ears they sound much better than the SF. To give a couple of examples, Insomnium are unlistenable with the SF to me, the vocals are extremely recessed. In Flames are not bad, but not great either. For most electronic music (I'm into classic 80s music and modern synthwave), the low end on the Spring 1 feels more energetic. Lindsay Sterling sounds more detailed on the Starfield, but the Spring 1 has a soundstage that I find more engaging. I listened to all my music using the same dap (Ibasso dx160) and ear tips (Comply).
I agree with the Starfield hype, they cost a fair bit more than all the 50~$ IEM but sound great. But it's hard for me to believe that all those reviewers listen to music so different from mine that for them the Spring 1 are not even worth mentioning. I mean, this thread is nearly 70 pages of people for the most part praising the Spring 1, so it's not like we're talking about an unknown IEM with 2 reviews on Alibaba.
I wonder how many samples were given out by Moondrop and how many by BQEYZ. Of course my judgment is based 100% on my sound preference, so maybe I'm wrong (well, sort of) and the Starfield are simply better but I prefer the way the Spring 1 present the music.

May 11, 2020 at 6:13 AM Post #1,027 of 1,701
why don't you resell the starfield while it is the shinny new toy everybody wants, you'll loose 20$ max. it was a good experience to test a new signature, if in the end you prefer spring1, it was worth trying something else. better get 90$ back from starfiels and try another iem, you may find something else you will end up preferring over spring1

Last edited:
May 16, 2020 at 1:11 PM Post #1,029 of 1,701
Currently enjoying K1/KB1. Would Spring 1 be a worthwhile upgrade now or wait for the announced BQ6, whenever it may come out? Thanks
TBH, I'd wait. Or go for something like the ISN H40 or TRI I3.

The spring 1 is a pretty interesting sounding pair but I feel like it's a very niche product. It definitely might not sound like an "upgrade" at first....

The TRI I3 will and I think it's an overall better pair than the spring 1, and the ISN H40 isn't one I've heard personally but it's a conventional set that probably doesn't have the idiosyncracies of the spring 1, and is supposedly very well tuned and competent.

May 16, 2020 at 1:38 PM Post #1,030 of 1,701
TBH, I'd wait. Or go for something like the ISN H40 or TRI I3.

The spring 1 is a pretty interesting sounding pair but I feel like it's a very niche product. It definitely might not sound like an "upgrade" at first....

The TRI I3 will and I think it's an overall better pair than the spring 1, and the ISN H40 isn't one I've heard personally but it's a conventional set that probably doesn't have the idiosyncracies of the spring 1, and is supposedly very well tuned and competent.
Thanks for the tips. Both the I3 and H40 were on my list but went for the D10 instead. Spring 1 seemed like an interesting choice to try the piezo but that 7-8k spike looked a bit high. Overall I like the bqeyz sound sig/tonality and think their budget iems, perhaps not as resolving as some may prefer, are not receiving the attention they deserve.

May 20, 2020 at 1:16 PM Post #1,032 of 1,701
So, practically everybody else is back to churning out new models. Where is this KB6?? Since November we have had pictures even with packaging
1589994916870.png

So, where is it already? :ksc75smile:

May 20, 2020 at 3:42 PM Post #1,033 of 1,701
So, practically everybody else is back to churning out new models. Where is this KB6?? Since November we have had pictures even with packaging
1589994916870.png
So, where is it already? :ksc75smile:

Looks nice. BQEYZ makes good stuff. I’d buy that in a minute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back