Bowers & Wilkins PX7 noise-cancelling over ear headphones
Jul 7, 2022 at 12:09 PM Post #1,862 of 2,191
Same, although I must say I hate when companies do this. Release a product with another product of the same kind on the horizon. I guess it could be worse, they could've just released the S2 and not said a peep about the PX8. Them hinting at the PX8 leads me to believe that the PX8 may be something completely different, in a completely different class that won't interfere with the S2 market.

Jul 7, 2022 at 1:15 PM Post #1,863 of 2,191
Same, although I must say I hate when companies do this. Release a product with another product of the same kind on the horizon. I guess it could be worse, they could've just released the S2 and not said a peep about the PX8. Them hinting at the PX8 leads me to believe that the PX8 may be something completely different, in a completely different class that won't interfere with the S2 market.
Agreed. Am thinking the PX8 must be something quite unique otherwise they’d be cannibalising S2 sales from the offset.

Not sure why they’re holding off on the PX8 though as they must surely be close to being ready given they passed the same BT SIG certification as the PX7S2

Jul 7, 2022 at 1:23 PM Post #1,864 of 2,191
Agreed. Am thinking the PX8 must be something quite unique otherwise they’d be cannibalising S2 sales from the offset.

Not sure why they’re holding off on the PX8 though as they must surely be close to being ready given they passed the same BT SIG certification as the PX7S2
It's to do with supply issues, a spokeperson already said, they wanted to release them together :frowning2:

Jul 11, 2022 at 8:31 AM Post #1,866 of 2,191
A few PX8 details from an Audioholics article I came across:

The memory foam pads will be wrapped in soft Nappa leather and will feature a newly designed drive unit. The Px8 will have sturdy retractable aluminum arms connecting the ear-cups and leather headband. The outer ear-cups are composed of a diamond-cut brushed aluminum, etched with the familiar Bowers & Wilkins brand mark on either side. The newly designed drive unit, including driver and voice coil are said to be built in the image of a particular, as yet unknown B&W loudspeaker line. The new flagship is set for release in September, we’ll receive further details near the end of August.

Jul 15, 2022 at 8:04 AM Post #1,867 of 2,191
So my PX7 died yesterday and thanks to Amazon I got full refund (original PX7 isn't on stock anymore) and of course it's really bad timing - either to buy PX7 S2 right now or to wait until PX8 release without having decent headphones in the meantime :D

Jul 21, 2022 at 3:33 AM Post #1,871 of 2,191
It's to do with supply issues, a spokeperson already said, they wanted to release them together :frowning2:

Some of evidence of that claim : the PX7S2 and PX8 were filed on the same date on the FCC's database : https://fccid.io/2ACIX-PX8 (and it seems that they share the same file).
As they were filed a while ago, the external and internal photos should arrive soon (in a few days ?), hence most likely why the PX8 was announced in advance, as it would have appeared in the FCC database anyway.

Jul 21, 2022 at 7:15 AM Post #1,872 of 2,191
Won't be LE Audio compatible, nor it will become with a software update.
Any owners will be lucky to see any software updates at all, or any new features added, at least if they follow experience with ownership of the PX7s and PI7s. Contrast this to owning the Senn M3s and Shure Aonic 50s, both of which have seen features, etc added in multiple software updates.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2022 at 8:41 AM Post #1,873 of 2,191
Any owners will be lucky to see any software updates at all, or any new features added, at least if they follow experience with ownership of the PX7s and PI7s. Contrast this to opening the Senn M3s and Shure Aoinic 50s, both of which saw features, etc added in multiple software updates.
I have to agree with this. In the 2,5 years of owning the PX7 I have only seen one software update shortly after their release. It's disappointing to see this from a company like B&W.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back