Bowers & Wilkins P3
Jun 4, 2012 at 4:10 PM Post #63 of 169
Quote:
Have you compared the P3 with some P5, yet?
(if that's possible)

Unfortunately that's not possible since I don't own the P5, nor have I ever heard it.  I'm sure there will be others who can comment on sound.

Jun 6, 2012 at 12:26 PM Post #65 of 169
I've said this once, and I'll say it again, specs say nothing about sound.

Sent from an iPod touch with TapaTalk... Autocorrect may alter the meaning of this message :p

Jun 6, 2012 at 3:28 PM Post #66 of 169
It would if they were accurate.  Too bad they rarely are...

Jun 6, 2012 at 3:32 PM Post #67 of 169
Quote:
It would if they were accurate.  Too bad they rarely are...

IDK, you'd have to see how everything compares to the rest of the spectrum to get any properties from it...  Outside the fact that (let's assume the specs are correct) that you get some response at 10 Hz, it tells you absolutely nothing except for the fact that you can listen to a 10 Hz tone if you want to :p 

My review is coming out this week, I do have to say that the person who made the guess of solid bass based on the 10 Hz spec did get the property right, the bass is more solid than fluid to my ears. 

Jun 6, 2012 at 4:07 PM Post #68 of 169
Quote:
IDK, you'd have to see how everything compares to the rest of the spectrum to get any properties from it...  Outside the fact that (let's assume the specs are correct) that you get some response at 10 Hz, it tells you absolutely nothing except for the fact that you can listen to a 10 Hz tone if you want to :p 

My review is coming out this week, I do have to say that the person who made the guess of solid bass based on the 10 Hz spec did get the property right, the bass is more solid than fluid to my ears. 

Yes.  Even if all the given specs are accurate and have proper tolerances you still won't know what something will sound like if they don't give you the right specs.  I just meant to say that specs and measurements can be used to predict quality if you have the right ones and they're accurate.

Jun 6, 2012 at 4:29 PM Post #69 of 169
Hi all, just discovered this forum while I started searching for some new cans & DAP. I've been very happy with the B&W speakers I have around the house and am looking forward to listening to the P3 in-store when they become available (should be middle of next week here in Europe, according to the shop - they have their displays and testing station coming in).

I've been using an iPod Touch with an Onkyo NDS-1 hooked up to a good amp and B&W speakers at home, and the sound is good as the Onkyo gets the digital files straight off the iPod bypassing the DAC.
Now however I'm looking for a DAP that I will actually be using on the road, so obviously any iDevice is out when it comes to SQ.

@Tinyman: I was wondering if you could give some insights into what DAP might be a good pairing with the P3's? Has your limited time with them allowed for any testing with different ones, or would you say they need a device that leans towards a certain warmth etc?
From reading up on this forum this evening (just joined) and based on (local) availability I've become interested in the Rocoo-P, Cowon (i10 or J3) or Sony A-series.

Jun 6, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #70 of 169
I do not have too many DACs. Mainly just a couple iPod Touches. That is what I mainly use for all my reviews. That said. All impressions are from an iPod Touch 4G straight. I'm a mobile listener and I find portable amps a little bit of a hassle. I do have one amp though (E1). Nothing big though.

Sent from an iPod touch with TapaTalk... Autocorrect may alter the meaning of this message :p

Jun 7, 2012 at 5:31 PM Post #72 of 169
I finished my review today.  It can be found here: http://www.ifans.com/blog/49977/

Questions, comments, let me know :)

Jun 7, 2012 at 9:32 PM Post #74 of 169
That is something that I can't test on my own. I'll test this tomorrow :p

Jun 8, 2012 at 4:40 AM Post #75 of 169
Quote:
I finished my review today.  It can be found here: http://www.ifans.com/blog/49977/

Questions, comments, let me know :)

Great review! Thanks... 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back